Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

Ally

At Rose, I feel like I belong. I may not be the smartest kid in school like I was in high school, but I never feel like I am falling behind because the learning center and professors are always more than willing to help. You aren't isolated from your professors either. I do Yoga with 2 of my professors and see many others around campus and have quality conversations with them. I'm not going to sugar-coat it, Rose-Hulman is so hard and frustrating, but I can honestly say I would not want to be anywhere else.

It's a high pressure college experience that is quite stressful, yet the best experience of my life! The academics are outstanding. The social life is wild. The professors are incredible. The food is not good, but there are other options available. Overall, I love it here!

I love it here so much at Rose, the environment here is so warming, I could not have every imagined to be anywhere else in regards to college. The dorms here are a little old, but getting over that fact with the amazing things here is so simple. The people and professors here are quite great and my college experience here so far could not have been any better. I absolutely call this place my home.

Naomi

Rose-Hulman is a fantastic place. The academics are outstanding! Class size is small so you can ask questions in class, and teachers are always either in their offices or reply to emails very quickly. The dorms are great (housekeepers clean you room and make your bed once a week!), the food has been upgraded, and the people and opportunities are fantastic. The only negatives are that the costs are high and the town is small. Bing a car if possible!

Rose-Hulman is a great school. The academics are top notch, and the opportunities that I received are amazing. As a freshman I received and internship, which is typically unheard of for engineering majors, but because of Rose I got the internship. There is also a lot of activities to keep the campus involved, there is never a dull moment.

Riley

A fantastic school that offers a significant challenge to those in STEM who managed to get in. It is a small school with small class sizes that really work to your advantage. I recommend it for anyone considering going into engineering, as it is rated the #1 undergraduate program for 5 different types of engineering.

Cassidy

Rose-Hulman was my top pick in high school. I was so excited to get accepted. I started my freshman year just this year. It has been a great experience so far. The academics are challenging but my professionals are great. The campus life is good with many activities and greek life. I have made so many friends that I know will be life long ones.

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is an absolutely amazing university and I would not want to be anywhere else. The academics are tough, but the campus activities, residential hall activities, and campus bond makes it all worth it. Basically it is a work hard, play hard attitude. The campus is beautiful and very safe.

Marisa

The hardest school you will ever attend, but it will be the best experience you will have if you're willing to put in the work. Everyone is very dedicated to their studies and everyone is studying constantly. You will graduate with a job if you put in the effort.

Maxwell

I think this is a great college. Its tough much of the time and there is always tons of work to do, however the resources are there to get it done. Professors make sure that you understand the material and are ready. There's also tons of resources for career and academic needs.

Zach

If you are not willing to work your butt off every single day (including the weekends) this place is not for you. However, the faculty and staff are easily accessible and happy to help when you may be struggling in a class. That being said, carefully consider if you are willing to pay for such an expensive school that is going to leave you with no free time to have fun.

Alonzo

Rose-Hulman is a fantastic educational establishment for learning engineering. The academics are vigorous, but the school is heaven-bent on helping you succeed. Beyond education, there are opportunities to get involved in sports, clubs, and Greek life, as well as constant events happening around campus.

Lawson

It is a school for learning. A open door policy for the teachers and professors to help you out. Students rarely hid in there rooms to study. Just flop wherever and close to where they will find help if they need it. Excellent school for learning. Plus they have sports. I love tennis and musicals.