Midwest City, OK
Rose State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rose State College

dwaeisha

MY CLASS MATES ARE HELPFUL.

MY CLASS MATES ARE HELPFUL.

If I could go back into time to talk with myself as a high school senior I would say a few things. First thing is to focus on your studies, and practice good studying habits. Second would be to make better choices in my very day life. Thirdly, set high, good, safe obtainable goals, and standards for my future and stick to them. To always put God first and to allow Him to lead and direct my path. Lastly, would be to ask God to grant wisdom, knowledge, and full understanding for my studies, and my life in general.

THE WORST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS THE REJECTION FOR FINANCIAL AID AFTER A APPEAL LETTER.

Jacob

My classmates are very diversed, as in age, sex, race, religions, and size.

My classmates are very diversed, as in age, sex, race, religions, and size.

Try as hard as you can, and do not overload yourself with college work. Getting your college courses out of the way quick sounds good now, but three months down the road you will more than likely have to pay for a course you did not complete, because you overloaded yourself. Study as much as you can, and do not take a job that makes you work more than twenty-five hours, because that is more than enough hours of working in one week with school.

blainnah

My classmates are very odd but friendly.

My classmates are very odd but friendly.

The advice I would give myself is to NOT RUSH anything. We go through high school so eager to graduate and move out. But the truth is, you're never as independent as you think you are in high school. I've recently realized how much I need my mom, although my high school self wouldn't understand. Sometimes you just need comfort and encouragement even if you're an "adult". From paying 2 bills a month as a senior, to 15 bills as a sophomore. Take you're time, have a little more fun because I would do anything to move back in with my parents and have minimum responsibilities.. But this is the "real world" I was so anxious to live in.

The best thing about Rose State is that the adminstration actually cares how you're doing in your classes and they want you to succeed.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that it's possible to start over. I quit in 2006 after not even a full semester. I didn't feel like I could do it and I was going through alot in my life. I used those excuses for 3 years. Then I decided in 2009 to go back to school and I got straight aa's and a 4.0. I never even did that in High school. This has been so valuable to me because I see that if I try then anything is possible. I have gotten so much out of this experience. Some of the things i've gotten otu of it have been never give up on your dremas. Know that anything you want to achieve is within your reach.

Anyone who is serious about an education. Someone who wants to learn and be taught by dedicated and very helpful and friendly teachers. Anyone who wants an education but doesn't like big class sizes. Someon who wants a second chance at school.. Anyone who believes they can do it. Even if they dont' believe in themselves Rose State belivees in them.

There is no such person. Everyone who wants a great education by very dedicated teachers. If your unmotivated come and let them motivate you.

Lori

Rose State is popular with homeschool students, most of whom are held to higher standards than public school students. Also, I love the coursework offered in my major area.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that college is a different standard than high school. I was devastated when, during my freshman year, I earned a "C" in a class. To me, graduating 5th in my high school class was an accomplishment. I didn't realize that college was full of people who were top of their class. I would tell myself not to stress out so much, take time and enjoy college.

I love the small classes which allow me to form friendships with classmates, as well as be known to my professors.

Tiara

My classmates are of different backgrounds, age, and race, they are resectful of everyone and their wanting to learn.

I would tell myself that unlike high school , college is a choice and you have to want it bad enough. The transition is a hard one, no one is there to make you go to classes and you have to do the work and you have no babysitter in college. I would tell myself that its a big step, a step to adult hood.

A person that has multiple things going on i their life. Rose State is very flexiable and you can make your school schedule around other things.

Jordan

My classmates are very reserved and prefer to sit alone and not socialize. They are very quiet and tend to be in their own worlds most of the time but still tend to concentrate.

I would definently take college level courses and test for them. I would tell myself to take advantage of all the opportunities offered that would help me succeed and get ahead in college.

Anyone can attend Rose State. It's a very diverse and lively school.

Brenda

Most of my classmates are dilegently working towards a goal, and are friendly when one gets to know them.

Brenda, I know you do not want to think about college right now, but you need to listen. You will go to college, but it will not be what you expect. You have a few years before college so, calm down, and listen to your older self. College is a lot of hard work, but you can do it. Just follow these guidelines, which will enable you to thrive scholastically. Make it your goal to attend every time your class meets. Read every chapter assigned, before the class lecture about the information in the chapter. If that is not possible, you may read it before you are tested on that information. Communicate with your professors: they are there to help you learn. They will work with you, to enable you to learn all you need to know. Do extra credit as often as you can. Most importantly, take the homework one day at a time. You cannot learn everything listed on the syllabus on the first day of class. Learning is a process, which takes repetition. This is why you need to read chapters, attend class, and communicate with your professors when you do not understand. You will do great!

The best thing about my school is the intimate class size. When the class size is small, the professor has more time to devote to each individual student. In every class I have taken at Rose State, the professors have recognized me, and most know my name. This recognition enables them to know what I understand about the classes? subject, and to help me further my understanding.

jonathan

Having fun and enjoying the college life.

Having fun and enjoying the college life.

I would say to myself its time for a change, stop palying and get to work. the college life is so fun you dont want to miss it .

Well I will have to say waking up in the moring, somtimes its just hard after studying all night.

Rich

If I could go back in time to talk to my-self, I would say: Power through college! You should have never taken that ?Break? after getting your Associates Degree. That ?Break? turned into a 12 year hiatus. In the grand scheme of life, college is not that difficult. There will be much greater challenges in life than the 4 years that you?ll spend in college. That was 4 years that you?ll only half-way complete because ?You were tired of going to school?. You?ll miss out on advancement opportunities in your career simply because you don't have a 4 year degree. Going back to school later in life you?ll miss out on time with your family because you?re busy completing your degree. Working life?s schedule with school in it, is much harder after accumulating so many responsibilities. You wont resent your life for not continuing with school. You?ll just realize that things weren?t as hard as you thought. So, don?t stop going to school. 4 years is minuscule when compared to the rest of your life.

I wish I had known about some professors teaching styles. There have been a few professors that just didn't seem like they really wanted to be teaching the class. This makes it hard to learn the material when the professor doen't have enthusiasm for teaching. From this point forward I'll be researching my classes and the professors ratings.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some of the professors never even use the text book. This becomes a problem only when you have already paid for the book. It would be nice to know if the book willl be used before you get to the class.

Rose State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.