Midwest City, OK
Rose State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rose State College

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to go straight to college after high school, even if i'm not sure of my major. It is to hard to make it in this world without a college degree. If I would have gone straight to college from high school then i would have already had my career started and would not have waisted so much time. Without college education I am making 7.50-8.00 an hour verses 15.00-16.00 an hour with a college degre

Anyone who is looking for a career.

Kathleen

I probably would tell myself not to push myself quite so hard my first semester in college. I overloaded myself with courses that required a lot of work, and therefore wasn't really able to make a smooth transition from high school into college. I felt overwhelmed and rushed all the time... and in the end, it is the major reason why I dropped all my classes my first semester of college, then failed the next semester. Nowadays, I take only as many courses as I can handle and afford. Yes, it itakes longer because I have the whole family/house/car/job thing going on, but I feel that I bring more experience and more dedication to the classroom.

Wendie

Rose State College seems to be very different, this being my first year here, they seem to be strictor about things but yet at times not know what the other department is doing, allowing, or why?

Since I was a single mother in high school I would explain all the benefits and rewards of attending college. It is a lot easier going from high school to college because you do not have that extra time to forget everything. It is easier to continue where you left off. Also, there are so many programs and scholarships to help students attend college , continuing and completing your education creates more opportunity for adults. College life is really not much different than high school, the classes are longer and harder, but you don't take them as often and you have more time to study. Most colleges offer tutoring that are not for dorks but to help you. Apply for all the scholarships that you can find and stay away as much as possible from student loans. Remember that what you do in college will follow you. Do your best and stay away from the rest.

It seems like sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. You can go to or call one department and they will not have the answer and transfer you to another. One will answer you this way but the other department tells you different. They all need to be on the same page.

Robert

The best advice that I could give myself about college life and making the transition from high school to college is to not be afraid to try something new. Excuses are what keep people from accomplishing their dreams and are easy to use when classes are thought of as being hard or complex, interests are left unexplored because they are considered unpopular or offbeat, and thoughts are not given a voice out of fear from ridicule or rejection. Do not fear a major because of how hard it is, a task because of its complexities, a group or club because it is considered different, or any idea, no matter how far fetched it might be. In short, trust in the fact that goals can be achieved and that you should believe that your goals, no matter how long they may take or how difficult they may be, are reachable.

The worst thing about Rose State College is the lack of places available to study on campus. Other than the Learning Resource Center and the cafeteria, there are no locations on campus that students can go to study in groups. Study space becomes extremely scarce during finals week and other times during the semester when students have tests coming up.

The most frustrating thing about Rose State College is the lack of flexibility in the class schedule . There does not seem to be a great deal of alternative class times available when there is time conflicts between two classes. This is especially prevalent in the 2000 level classes that only have one instructor.

Rose State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.