Roseman University of Health Sciences Top Questions

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say, "This journey you are about to take is going to be long, hard, and tiring but at the end of it all you will have the satisfaction of knowing you pulled through and made your dreams a reality". I would aslo sprinkle in some advice about not giving up or becoming defeated, failure only leads to success. I would not be who I am today without the disappointment and sorrows I have endured. They allowed me to push forward even when it seemed impossible, I wanted to prove that I was a worthy opponent to these hardships. In the end, I or we did it high school senior self. What looked like a mountain of defeat was actually a stepping stone to success.

Felipe

I would have advised myself try harder and participate more in school activities. I didn't take the steps I should have with the courses I took. I should of applied for scholarships but didn't because of my laziness. Now I realize the things I should have done. Currently I have to pay for college out of my own pocket. I have two jobs and I am trying to catch up and save enough money to at least start. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in life, but I know now the best way to determine a steady job is to go to college if I knew the struggle I would be in now I would have worked much harder in High School.

Annette

First of all, I would apply for as many scholarships and grants as I could. I applied for some during high school, but I never took them seriously. Now that I am in college, I see how much they would've help. I would have also tried to get better grades in high school and worked harder. If I would have done that, I might have been able to get better scores on my placement tests. The number one thing I realized in college is that it is nothing like high school. The teachers do not care if you fail a class and no one cares if you're not the popular one. Everyone there is very focused and serious about school. That is a major lesson.

Alexis

If i could go back in time, there are so many things that i would have done differently. If i knew what i know now i would of told myself, that school isn't anything to mess around with. The grades you get and the effort you put into it will effect the way your whole life turns out. I would also tell myself to get two jobs while i have all of this extra time, so i could save up and not have to worry about scraping pennies everywhere i went so i could afford the classes i needed. And so i would'nt have to be so worried about the money issue and actually focus on my school. The last thing i would of told myself is that college is a lot harder then high school, and if you dont put all of your effort into it ,your not going to reach your fullest potential. But if you dont turn school into fun than your just going to be misserable. All i can say is that college is a great experience and i would'nt change it for anything.