Rosemont College Top Questions

Kali

if i could talk to myself at a high school senior and tell myself about what i know about college life and transitioning it would be this; Use your time wisely and don't party as much. Your education is more important. Also relax its overwhelming but fun. As for transitioning just take it one class at a time and make sure you ask tons of questions.

I would have told myself to take my timing seriously and make a schedule for work and fun. I have learned that you cannot do the things you have done in high school. There may be more time and shorter class times, but it is more challenging and you have to study and work hard to pass.

KeAudra

To not assume that you know EVERYTHING there is to know financial wise. Also to never give up! By any means necessary look for all different types of scholarships and grants from the background of your major to your ethnicity!

Deveney

When I was a high school senior, my perception of college was very different than it is now that I have experienced it. Now I realize that the most important thing to remember is time management. College is not like high school where you are in classes for 7 hours straight. In college, you may have one class for the entire day and the rest is free time. The hardest part about college is not academics, it's about how you manage your free time. Don't get me wrong, the work is harder and more demanding, but you have plenty of time to complete it. It's the choice you make between choosing to study for the test or going out partying with your friends that can determine your success or failure. Getting involved is great, but don't stretch yourself too thin. Only take on what you can handle. You might not be able to be the president/founder of 10 clubs and that is okay. Remember how you manage your time can make or break you. So my advice, get a planner, schedule your time wisely, and stick with it all the way to the end!

I am just getting back to school after 13 years. I am 36 and a mother of 2 small children. This college experience is very valuable to me, I am determined and passionate about opening up my own cupcake business. I am working on finishing up my Associates degree and will continue on to finish my Bachelors in Business Administration/Management. I have ideas and plans that no one else out there is doing yet. Every time I hear of an opportunity that my business could have serviced someone, I get sick to my stomach and get lots of anxiety. I am honest, hard-working, detail oriented and organized. My husband and I have recently separated and I'm not sure if and when it can be rectified so I need to move forward quickly to make a life for myself and my two small children. If your scholarship can help me in any way, I would be eternally grateful. God Bless!

Salimatu

College is been very valuable to attend because i have learned to be open-minded, ,listen to people who are different from me, and how to be the best I can be at all times. I made great friends and met so many people that are so different in so many ways. I loved learning and the level of education that is provided for me. Overall, it is a great experience and helped me mature in all aspects of life. I have matured mentally and learned that people have different idea and all of which should be respected, even if i do not agree with all of them.

I would tell myself as a senior to really consider the value in an education. Instead of choosing a school that's most convenient or where your friends are going, I would have loved to have expanded my search and saw more schools. It wasn't until I moved to south east Pennsylvania that, academically speaking, opened my eyes. Now, i've truley learned the value of a real education, not just rushing through trying to get a degree. I would tell myself to take time and absorb the precious information that is being given to you. An education is something that most people take for granted, but it's a precious resource to me. No matter how far in life or career I get, no one can take my education away from me, and that is what I treasure most.