Salisbury, NC
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rowan-Cabarrus Community College

Erin

Rowan-Cabarrus has been a great school. There is always a teacher to help or another student willing to help with projects. I have never felt unsafe on campus. Rowan-Cabarrus is also where I went to high school and the teachers were always welcoming of us and ready to help with the college work. The food is great too even though they don't have meal plans the prices are every reasonable. Both campuses are very clean, along with both campuses being smoke free since 2013.

Rebekah

My overall opinion on Rowan Cabarrus Community College is that the very unique school and there's much diversity considering the fact that is a community college I believe the teachers are trying really well and we barely have any racism on campus and I absolutely love it everybody gets along like one big family and if there is an emergency we get called immediately.

Alyssa

This is a college I felt comfortable going to as an adult student. School was intimidating for me and I didn't care for it. Here the class sizes help me have better understanding of the learning material. This is one of the best semesters I have ever had.

This school is warped in the worst way. Advisors are former-students with little know-how, the campus facilities are run-down and overcrowded with early college students mobbing the hallways, and the classes are full of apathetic folks that are being forced to attend by their parents because they flunked university. If you're really into your academics, take online courses and transfer asap! It's not worth the trouble attending classes on campus, no one participates, and most of the teachers are adjuncts anyway. If you actually care about what happens to your grades and degree you have to fight your way to the end and pray they don't update your degree program and force you to take more poorly constructed classes. First generation students, DON'T BOTHER with this place! They only care about older students that already know how the system works. If you're first gen, you'll find zero support and again, you'll have to fight your way through. I don't recommend this school to anyone except older students and veterans.

Dara

If I could go back in time and have a conversation with myself, I would urge myself to keep trying my very best. It is so easy to get burnt out after highschool. The transition from highschool to college was most difficult for me because I was finally able to say that I was done with school however at the same time I could not celebrate this accomplishment. After highschool students are rushed into strange campuses with completely different people, into cramped conforming dorm rooms, and are expected to handle the financial burden of the decision to attend this strange and scary school. All of these changes discouraged me from trying my hardest and really threw me off my game academically speaking.

The best thing about Rowan Cabarrus Community College is the availability of classes. After graduating high school I had no idea where I would attend college. I was rejected by my dream college and I felt like a failure. Due to Rowan Cabarrus' expanding availability of biotechnology classes I decided to apply. I went on from there to acquire two associates degrees.

The worst thing about my school is the limited amount of financial aid offered to students. As a student attempting to continue their education after receiving a bachelor's degree, I tried to apply for financial aid. I was not offered any financial aid and I was told that my only option would be to take out loans. With the suffering economy, loans are not always an option for most people including myself.

Ria

I would advise myself not to slack off my senior year and do as good as I possibly could to try and recieve more scholarship money. I would also tell myself that college is not easy so don't just try and scrape by, but do the work consistantly and never give up.

I only wish that I would have known where my classes were so I didn't get lost the first day of school.

Any person that wants to further their education should go to this school.

stacy

When i was in high school i thought college was impossible. I knew my parents had no money for my education so i didnt even try. I would go back and tell myself to find scholarships, grants, loans or whatever i could find to go college. I would tell myself to do anything and everything i could cause a college education is the most important thing you can have in your life and its the only thing that will take you places.

I like it cause its a smaller school and i feel like i get more one on one time with the teachers. I have liked every teacher i have had in the last two years. They are very fair and will do anything to help you!

The worst thing about my school is everything is online. We dont have visors . We are supposed to register for classes online.

Andrea

I would tell myself to rethink the path I went down and choose a different school. I would tell myself to study in a liberal arts program at the community college. With that known, I would have chosen a different career path, a career paath that I would have liked from the start.

Kristopher

My school is the absolute best school to base and build a future around guaranteed.

If I could go back and talk to myself I would say dont count yourself out of any scholarship race take the time and apply. If you have bad spending habbits get it together because being alone will make you grow up quickly. I would also tell myself dont be so bent on being alone not being told what to do because once your on your own you will wish you had a little guidance from your parent(s). I would tell myself to develop better study habits because test weigh in. Most of all I would just say cherrish every moment because when its time to grow its time to grow. COLLEGE IS NOT A PARTY!!! It is real and you can be dismissed. Just be yourself.

I brag that our instructors do not "teach" they provide solid environments for learning. Instructors, advisors, and counselors do not take days off and instructions are vivid and very clear. As far as the student body everyone is wholesome and very easy to get along with my first day I made 10 lifelong friends (with a simple "hello how are you"). If you take education serious but like to smile and laugh also this is your school.

Bonnie

I would have to tell myself that I am from the future and have lived life for 15 years after graduation. Life is hard at best and without a college education you will get no where. Self, you are ready for college and I urge you to go now. You could have had a doctorate in anything of your choice by now, but instead I am currently working on my first associates degree. I know that you want to be a nurse and you think science is not your forte but you can do it. You can have different instructors than in high school and college wants you to succeed. They will be there for you if you have questions regarding the material. There are tutors available if you need them. As a paying student your success is imperative to them. If you fail, they fail. You can choose your instructors based on your experience with that instructor or based on reputation through other students and awards that teacher has obtained. Everyone around you will soar with success and leave you forgotten in the dust. Go to college now and save yourself the embarrasment of the lack of success.

It's close to home, small enough to get individual assistance as needed, but big enough to not be singled out. The other students there are within my age bracket. They offer evening classes that allow me to work third shift and still attend the school and they offer online classes. I can take more credit hours because of it.

I work third shift and the school operates on a first shift bases. Sometimes when I need answers directly from someone at the school, I have to wait to call, often after I'm ready to go to sleep.

Rowan-Cabarrus Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.