Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rowan-Cabarrus Community College

Radha

For a Community College, this is a good school. You can just go to class and go back home, but you can also participate in a variety of clubs and activities. My teachers, especially math teachers, have always been available with regular office hours.

Overall the school is great! It is a typical Community College, although it is a good sized school, they try to keep the classes on the smaller side so that teachers can have time to help each student. It is a great experience and the teachers are extremely helpful along with the staff outside the classroom.

Whitney

This community college has two campuses. Both of these campuses are fairly small, and are very accessible. The class sizes are great. I think that really helps because you can easily talk to your teacher and get help on just about anything. The class sizes are honestly smaller than my high school classes are. You really feel like these professors care about you and they really do want to help you get the best grade that you possibly can. I have always felt welcomed, and like everyone wants the best for us. The school is very affordable and offer all the main classes that you need to get your general credits. Which is what most people here are doing. They are trying to transfer, and this school makes it very easy to prepare to transfer to a University. Overall, the school is nice, kind, small, and very good for beginning college students, or people who want to go back to school.

Shelby

I love RCCC, it is an amazing school that I am proud to attend. The teachers are very kind, and although I will only be here for two years, I wish every university was like it! The students are eager to learn, and let the teachers know if they have any questions. There is no on campus living, since it is a community college, but I didn't need it anyways since I live five miles away! I have taken all of my classes online so far, but only because my mom has a really bad back, and I know she can't move around or drive much. Since I just recently graduated from high school at the age of 16, I didn't get to get my license, but hopefully, I will be able to in the next few months, so I can experience the classes at RCCC in person.

This school is warped in the worst way. Advisors are former-students with little know-how, the campus facilities are run-down and overcrowded with early college students mobbing the hallways, and the classes are full of apathetic folks that are being forced to attend by their parents because they flunked university. If you're really into your academics, take online courses and transfer asap! It's not worth the trouble attending classes on campus, no one participates, and most of the teachers are adjuncts anyway. If you actually care about what happens to your grades and degree you have to fight your way to the end and pray they don't update your degree program and force you to take more poorly constructed classes. First generation students, DON'T BOTHER with this place! They only care about older students that already know how the system works. If you're first gen, you'll find zero support and again, you'll have to fight your way through. I don't recommend this school to anyone except older students and veterans.

Alyssa

This is a college I felt comfortable going to as an adult student. School was intimidating for me and I didn't care for it. Here the class sizes help me have better understanding of the learning material. This is one of the best semesters I have ever had.

Fatima

I love Rowan Cabarrus community college so much and just can't wait to get started. I feel so safe on the campus, and the environment looks so good for learning. The people look really nice and caring and I am willing to work hard and comes​ out happy.

Rebekah

My overall opinion on Rowan Cabarrus Community College is that the very unique school and there's much diversity considering the fact that is a community college I believe the teachers are trying really well and we barely have any racism on campus and I absolutely love it everybody gets along like one big family and if there is an emergency we get called immediately.

Erin

Rowan-Cabarrus has been a great school. There is always a teacher to help or another student willing to help with projects. I have never felt unsafe on campus. Rowan-Cabarrus is also where I went to high school and the teachers were always welcoming of us and ready to help with the college work. The food is great too even though they don't have meal plans the prices are every reasonable. Both campuses are very clean, along with both campuses being smoke free since 2013.

Brooklyn

It's a nice little school to get all your prerequisites out of the way. It's growing every year and offers something new all the time! I've enjoyed my time there and wouldn't want to go anywhere else to get my associates. I highly recommend this school to anyone who has yet to decide what they want to do.

Jeremiah

I think RCCC is a good school but because they are a community college. They don't have as many resources available to them as a four year college. The college is a great place for students who are just starting their college journey just don't expect the perks that a university would offer you.

I really liked going there, it's one of those schools where if you try you'll likely do well. I graduated last semester with an associate in science degree. Most of my teachers were really great and seemed to truly care about what they did; they wanted us to do well.

Amy

I’m an early-college student attending RCCC. The professors and the campus there are really what I love most about RCCC. The classrooms are small, which I like because it gives a chance for the professor to focus on the student, and the campus has a spacious, welcoming environment.

Cortarius

Great school! If I had the opportunity to go back and do it over again I would. This school has taught me alot about personal growth and development and the different staff and faculty have helped me mature as a teen and a person over all! I would not be the same had it not been for RCCC!

Jena

Great college to earn associate's or transferrable credits. Great student life for a community college. Fun activities for the students . Class sizes were small which was great for a positive learning experience. The teachers seemed to caring and motivating. I only had one teacher who didn't seem to put in much effort to better the students.