Sewell, NJ
Rowan College at Gloucester County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rowan College at Gloucester County

Fixed  rate loan

Raabiah

It is called Rowan College at Gloucester County College now. It is a great college with easy classes and easy access to any on campus help needed. It's good for those who do not like too much on campus involvement. In fact, there is more in class involvement instead.

Alyssa

Most of the staff are great. They are caring, there for you, and teach well. Of course not all of them are like this, there are a few miserable old school teachers, but there are resources you can use to avoid them now. The campus is small and not really filled with life, but it is a community college, and Rowan is not too far away from it. There are a few typical clubs and societies that you can join. Not a fan of the food, I just avoid it. There is a Chick-fil-a and a target nearby. It is overall a good community college.

Erica

It is a great college for Gloucester County, particularly if you come immediately after graduating high school since you can save a lot of money before transferring to a four year school. It's also great for students wanting certificates and they have a great nursing program.

Darryl

Rowan College at Gloucester County is truly a remarkable county college that goes the extra mile to ensure success for their students. I can say that the academics in this school are phenomenal. The teachers are always available to help a student if they are having trouble or they may suggest tutoring if they are tied up. The teachers, along with the academic counselors, love to develop relationships with their students and that is what every student needs to succeed.

Shelby

Gloucester County College, now known as Rowan College at Gloucester County has allowed me a rare opportunity. This year, on June 13th, I graduate high school. On May 18th, I graduate college with an Associates degree in Engineering Technology because this community college was super patient and easy to work with when it came to my schedule. The many classes offered at different times of day allowed me to take plenty of classes while I was in high school. I've earned over 68 credits already. Most of my credits are transferring to my out of state four year university. Most of the professors here are adjunct professors so they teach similarly to a high school teacher. The transition from high school to this college was extremely easy. I am happy with my decision to attend Gloucester County College.

Rich

“Attending this alleged school of higher learning was the BIGGEST mistake of my life!!" Business - Management and Administration Attending this alleged school of higher learning was a complete waste of my time and money. It was the BIGGEST mistake of my life and I wouldn't wish this horrific experience on my worst enemy. I wasted two years of my life earning a worthless degree, that would not allow me to transfer to a four year college, so I could earn a Bachelors degree. I applied to several four year colleges, only to be told, that as an incoming junior, there was no space available for me to attend. After trying to find a decent job for thirteen years, where numerous potential employers would laugh at an Associates degree, I had to begin my college experience again, at a four year college, so I could earn the Bachelors degree that I needed to have success in Corporate America. The propaganda given to potential students about saving money and being able to transfer credits, was the largest pile of cow chips ever thrown at me. I saved every rejection letter from four year colleges that denied me access, solely due to lack of space for a transfer student. There was no assistance whatsoever, from Grade 13, in my endeavor to transfer or find a job. If I had to do it again, I would have gone straight to a four year college and earned a Bachelors degree. I recommend strongly to anyone considering attending this poor excuse of an educational institution to RUN, not walk to a four year college. You may spend more money, but your education will far better. Remember, a fisherman won't tell you that the fish is spoiled.

Carley

If I could go back to my senior year self, I would tell myself to not slack off towards the end of the year. I started to get out of th habit of doing homework, which has proven to be a problem now that I am in college. I get all of my homework done, but after talking myself through it because of the lack of homework I had toward the end of senior year. Another thing I would tell my senior year self, and even my middle school self, is to get good studying habits. I never used to study throughout middle school or high school, therefore, I have very little study skills. This problem has proven itself every time I have an upcoming quiz or test. Learning amazing, or even subpar, studying habits will be incredibly helpful once you get into college.

Currently, the worst part of the school is that there are several construction projects going on, so you have to walk around one of the buildings to get to three other ones if you're coming from a certain direction. Although it is annoying at times, its not that big of a deal because it looks like most of the building is almost complete. Also, it doesn't bother me that much because it doesn't make me go completely out of my way or late to class.

Personally, I don't think that there is a type of person who "shouldn't" attend Gloucester County College. The college has a plethera of wonderful programs for any type of major you can think of and all of the staff helps you in any way they can. All of the basic 101 classes ease you into the "college life" when it comes to the level of work and effort expected from you and a lot of professors are extremely understanding and flexible if you go to them with any problem you have. This college is good for everyone!

Tara

My classmates are diverse people. When I walk through the halls I see friends talking, people laughing, students connecting with eachother. People are always holding the door open for eachother, and even going out of their way to help others who have dropped things. Of course there are also students scattered throughout the halls quietly studying in their spare time before class, or grabbing a snack for energy. I genuinely like my classmates, and I am always looking out for new friends to make.

My school is unique because it understands the difficulty that people have in affording college. Tuition is basically the most affordable in my area, and the college is always doing things to help out students. They provide us with free tutoring, free parking, and free access to everything on campus basically. They even have fun activities that include seminars, free build a bear, and more! They understand that tuition can be a struggle, and they go out of their way to make the little things count for students who may be struggling.

I would tell myself not to worry so much, and just enjoy the process. In high school I was nervous about college: nervous about not being able to find my way, nervous about not knowing anyone, and nervous about the obstacles I would face. Having been in college for over a semester now, I realize that my worries were unfounded. The great thing about college is that it is filled with so many good people. I dropped my books in the hallway once, and two complete strangers helped me to pick them up. In high school, kids would probably just walk around me. Everyone at college is going through the same things that you are; everyone is nervous, and everyone is willing to help because they either are or have been exactly where you are. You are not alone. In fact, college is the place that can make sure you are never alone. There are endless possibilites for making new friends who want the same things that you do from life. So calm down, and just enjoy the ride, because people, including yourself, will make sure that you not only learn, but thrive.

Have confindence in everything you do. Do not procrastinate because college goes by very quickly and they dont hold your hand like in high school. The syllabus is your bible to every class, do not loose it and look at it often. Make friends with your advisor they will be directing you for the next two years. Don't be so hard on yourself. Be accountable for your own actions. Find yourself, pick a career you love because later in life you don't want to dread getting up everymorning. More than anything stay focused, don 't let others get in your way. "Don't worry about you failures,worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." -Jack Canfield

I would say that the food is the worst part of the school. The cafeteria sells geasy italian food and fried food. I wish it would be a little more health concious I shouldnt have to pay 7.00 for salad and 3.00 for two slices of pizza and a fountain soda. Plus a lot of people have gotten sick from their food, including me.

A person that isn't quite sure what major they want to do. They offer many basic classes that can be transfered to other schools. Also if you're not that financially stable they do a good job at giving you financial aid.

Janet

I would tell myself to stay in school. Apply myself in my studies and maintain honors. Plan to attend college as soon as high school is over, without taking any breaks. If you push and apply yourself now, it will pay off later. There will be plenty of time to enjoy life after you obtain your degree. Many things will happen which will try to kick you off track, but stay focused, don't let the stressors of life impede your education. Don't let friends influence your decisions and be engrossed in your studies. Graduate with honors knowing that you have done your very best.

It is best to stay focused on your overall goal for your education. Don't lose track of your goal. Stay organized and keep a schedule of upcoming tasks/homework assignments. Don't let the stressers of everyday life interfere with your studies.

Someone who is not willing to sacrifice their social life and focus on their studies.

Rowan College at Gloucester County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.