Sewell, NJ
Rowan College at Gloucester County

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rowan College at Gloucester County

Fixed  rate loan

Shannon

If I had the option to go back in time and talk to myself I would definitely take advantage of it. Not that I do not like where I am in life right now, but I definitely would have done a few things differently. I would tell myself that I need to be more out going when it comes to joining clubs, and asking more questions. I would definitely try to make more friends but joining in more. Though I am out going when with friends, I feel like I should have done more in my first year of college to make a bigger group of friends. That would have made me first year of school way better, instead of just missing home and staying in my room.

I like how helpful everyone is when you need them, and for me I transferred here from a four year college to save some money. So how much cheaper it is, is definitely a plus!

I have just recently applied here and have not yet attended any classes, but it seems as though there are many different kinds of people that go here. Whether it is to transfer after two years or to graduate with their associates degree and start a career. It seems like it fits many people here.

Yazmeen

Gloucester County College is best known for it's easy classes. Most students attend this community college due to its low level of strictness and nonchalant outlook on pretty much everything. One positive attribute I can mention is the college's appreciation for its student body. Every so often the student life advisors hold free events for the students. Giving away items such as personalized street signs, food, messages, personalized dog tags and so much more.

Folarin

My school is best known for a high level of successful gradutes after graduation.

As an adult student looking back a decade, I can see quite a number of things a could have done better. As a high school senior, my greatest intention was to graduate and go to medical school. However, I didn't have well planned objectives as to how I would go and achive my goal. If i knew then what I know now, or perharps half; I would have giving my education more priorities than I did, attended every after school programme to make sure my foundation in my major sciences were as solid as rock. Also, I would had enlisted in the military at a younger age as suppose to when I enlisted at twenty-two. As a veteran, I feel it is good for every young galant youth to service in the military for personal developement. Lastly, I would have given more to my communty than I did, in terms of volunteering. I always had interested in helping people and if I understandstand then the reward of helping people without being paid for it, I would have giving it more time. It is good for a person to look back, finds his or her mistakes and correct them.

What frustrates me the most about my school is the location which is relatively far from where I live. Also, the fact that I have to take the bus as my means of transportation to get there.

Cheryl

My classmates seem to be ambitious, eager and ready to learn about criminal justice and how it affects Americans'.

The best advice I would give myself is to use my time wisely. Time management is a huge part of starting college. For instance, making datelines, when I signed up to attend college apparently I was not aware of all the datelines and time frames I would have to deal with. I signed up for the spring semester about a month before it started which made me rush through everything. I'm still waiting on my financial aid to be processed, I have not got my books yet and I'm praying that I can get a small loan (if needed) to help with my out-of-pocket expences. So I would definately tell myself to not do everything last minute. Working ahead of schedule and being prepared are also things I would tell myself. However, in the end, it all would boil down to time management.

I believe the worse thing about my school is the customer service. I think because most of the students that attend are fresh out of high school the customer service level, of the staff, is extremely poor. Being the age that I am, I walk in with a level of respect for the staff but they don't seem to "give" that same level of respect back. I'm a first time college student and I've had better customer care or service at local fast food places. They seem to not care that most individuals are new at this.

HopeTrifiletti

After just finishing my first semester at the nearby county college and looking forward to moving on to a four year university this fall, my senior year does not seem to far behind me. And one of my largest regrets is that I don't have more under my belt. I would implore myself to be more involved in academics than I did. I was recently told to invest in my education by someone I hold in very high regard. I would tell myself this when, as a highschool senior I was working many hours each weak and trying to save money. I would be tired at school the next day and often, have trouble concentrating. The transition from high school to college has been easy, and I have learned to put education first, to pace myself and find a reasonable, healthy balance between work and school. The main lesson, is to use your time wisely. At the time, I thought I was, but I realize that I should have put my high school education first, instead of working so hard towards my future educations funds. Prioritize your time, and invest in your education.

The best thing about Gloucester County College is that it is affordable education for everyone. It is appealling because you can take many classes and pay less than the price you would pay at a four year university. It is a great school to start out at.

Gloucester County College is a great school for everyone, no matter where you are in life. This is a great school for someone who needs to stay around their home and work part time. It is a good school with flexible schedules and it is easy to attain the class schedule you need. It is also a really great place for those who are working full time and want to go back to school. It offers night classes, day classes and summer classes.

Elaina

Gloucester County College is very people-friendly and your professors know you by name, not by number as in many universities. Many of the professors truly care about their students and love being at the college, which can make such a difference. I know that the professors do not get paid a vast amount of money for working at the college, but they are there because they want to teach at Gloucester County College, and no other college. This makes Gloucester County College unique, because the professors are unique; this can influence an education entirely.

When I was a senior in high school, I had no idea that getting into college would not be easy. I was a very good high school student, but I didn't want to do more than what was required. I thought if my grades and art were good enough then I would get accepted into college and that was that. I never considered how expensive many colleges were and I had never bothered to look for scholarships since I thought my parents could simply pay for everything. However, it was not until recently that I realized that colleges are more expensive than I had thought, and there is no possibility my parents can pay for everything. If I could go back in time and talk to myself in senior year, I would say: "Stop being lazy and start looking for scholarships!" I would say that my parents "work hard to put you in school and the least you can do for them is to help pay for your education. " I would convince myself to start looking for scholarships then and to continue looking for them in my first year of community college to make life easier in the future.

Many people underestimate community colleges, but they are not only stepping stones to 4-year universities, but experiences in themselves. Gloucester County College is the best example of this; the best thing about my school is that the environment is extremely positive. People always hold the door for everyone, the staff are always more than happy to help students (and often go the extra mile with a smile on their faces), and there are always student activites occurring on campus. Gloucester County College definitely emphasizes being a community in a community college.

Kasey

My advice is to give it all you got. I thought just because it's community college that it would be a cakewalk and I wouldn't have to try anything new. Odds were that I met a lot of new people and made new friends even though I was living at home. I would have tried harder for a higher GPA and made it into a higher level of school to push myself.

A person who is ready to work but might not be sure of what they're interested in. Also, someone who wants to save money by taking the same classes and prerequisits as other big name colleges.

Someone who thinks just because it's community college that you don't have to do any work and can rely on other people to pick up your slack because they won't.

Denise

To be honest i hadnt really considered any other schools when i got into Gloucestor County College. I was in the process of looking for Culinary schools but i decided to take a couple courses there. I really like the atmosphere at my school.

I would've told myself that instead of going to Gloucestor County college try and go to a Culinary School. Being a chef is someting i really want to do and it would be a great way to get that much closer to my dream job.

I like the class size. Thats important to me because they aren't that big. You get alot of one-on-one with the professors, which makes it easier for me to concentrate.

Nikki

I did not enroll for classes my first year out of high school, so to gain health insurance I started to work full time. I became dependent on my earnings and only attended school part time the following year. I would have told myself to focus on school full time and work part time, and to also find out as much information about the scholarships available as possible.

I believe the worst thing about my school is the teaching style of most professors. Granted, having a teacher that fits a learning style of every individual student will be hard to find, but I have noticed that there haven't been many of my teachers that challenge me too much to learn difficult materials. It's not as interactive as I'd like, which doesn't force me to really understand a lot of material. There are many classes that students can just "get by" on because the difficulty level is so low.

Rowan College at Gloucester County administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.