Glassboro, NJ
Rowan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rowan University

Fixed  rate loan

Taswya

My classmates seem to be friendly, and they like tohave debates.

My classmates seem to be friendly, and they like tohave debates.

I would tell myself to do more research on college and be more specific about what i really want in a school. Take it very seriously and dont just look for any little thing. Do research on student activites like clubs and greeks and pay attention to tuition. If tuition is more than $30,000 a year, then try looking for something at a smaller price. Also as much as you want to go away to school, look for something near home just incase. If you are still have the mind set on going away, don't go too far; A two hour distance is good enough.

I wish i knew more about on campus student jobs before attending.

BREJAUNA

I would have told myself to live on campus. It would be alot easier to focus on school. Also if I was given the choice to not live on campus I would have given the advice to also work hard on getting a license and a car to make transportation easier. A part time job would also be very helpful.

An outgoing, outspoken person should attend Rowan University. Rowan University is filled with people who just want to belong and become friends but you have to be the type to speak up first.

Kaysie

Hey there over-achiever! I know you can't wait to get out of high school but do me a favor and ENJOY yourself. You're young and happy and loved and healthy and you don't have any bills. Your parents aren't ready for you to leave yet so try not to give them such a hard time. High school has been good to you but know this - college is like high school on Red Bull. You'll work hard and play hard and make memories that will make you simultaneously laugh and cry. Boys will break your heart but don't worry, you'll meet "the one" in grad school. Oh yea, and be good to your teachers. I know you won't believe what I'm about to tell you, but when you're 26 years old, you'll give up your high paying job in NYC to go back to school for a second master's degree. Turns out, after traveling the world, waiting tables and working for the most famous newspaper on the planet, you'll discover you want to be a TEACHER. Crazy, right? Oh and don't forget to floss!

There is CONSTANT construction on-campus and near campus. It makes for heavy traffic and it's not aesthetically pleasing, either.

It took them over a year to mail me my diploma!

Olivia

Going to college is entirely different from high school. My fellow students are, for the most part, no longer just there because they have to be, there for the lunch breaks, and the juicy gossips. They are there to learn. Nonetheless, I have established valuable friendships with my classmates. There is such a wide diversity of cultures and ways of thinking on my college campus that not one moment is left dull. The faculty is friendly, helpful, and very intelligent. I have both respect, and friendship for my professors.

Erik

Rowan's strongest program areas are the sciences (physics, bio, chem), mathematics, its engineering departments, and the music department. In fact, there are a significant number of students who are both dual math and music majors.

From a social aspect, I've met the friends that I will remain friends with for the rest of my life. We've all graduated and live in different parts of the nation or even world, but we still keep in touch frequently and plan to get together as often as possible. From an acedemic standpoint, it's hard for me to look back and imagine going to school for a different major. Knowing what I know now about science and about the world, has instilled in me with a sense of confidence and knowledge which I'm not sure is conveyed as adequately in other programs. Not surprisingly, Rowan also has some of the best doctors and professors of science in New Jersey, and I was lucky to learn from them. Finally, Rowan succeeded completely in affording me the opportunity to learn in a diverse environment made up of my peers and rivals.

In the past, it seemed like Rowan was a 2nd-choice school for most atendees. Lately however, the school has taken efforts to really spruce up the surrounding areas, as well as solidify its status as a great school for math, science, engineering, and music. Therefore, I would recommend any student who is interested in any of the above areas. A prospective student can also get a taste of Glassboro, as well as the currently being built "college-town" area, which is more modern, but in a personal and quaint kind of way. Philadelphia and the beach are also nearby.

Kori

Throughout my college experience, I feel I have learned a lot about life. I have learned that unlike high school, grades must be earned and that hard work is the only way to receive them. I have met people from various different backgrounds who I otherwise may have never encountered. I have become more knowledgeable about what is really going on in the world and became unblinded from the ignorance of my youth. I have learned how money plays a detrimental role and how stressful not having money can become. Overall what I have learned is ultimately what everyone needs to become successful in the world. It is valuable to attend college because through all the stress, happiness, and negativity, teenagers begin to step out into the real world and learn that everything is not as easy as it seems. It has been valuable to me because I have found that I must learn to become responsible and continue to be determined in all my aspirations.

Before I came to Rowan University, I wish that I knew more about financial aid. Over the semesters I have attended at Rowan, I have been offered no financial aid because the government says my parents make too much money. This came as quite a shock to me because my parents struggle to keep up with bills at home, which often makes me wonder how much a person has to struggle to receive government assistance for school. I also wish I knew about the various amounts of scholarship opportunities available.

I believe that a person that should not attend school is someone who has no drive towards their education. If a person’s only interest for attending college is having fun, then there is only a negative motive provided often causing distractions to other students who are actually inspired to learn. The people who do such things often account for most of the negatives that arise upon college campuses such as drug usage, cheating, and stealing. Without drive there is no reason for a person to attend college.

Blake

When I first began my formal education at Rowan University, career planning had been opened up to my life. Although I wasted no time in furthering my studies in geography, I soon began to forsee a bright future based on a specific career choice which, for the first time in life, I am able to stick with. In part, the dedication to my career choice is apart of my "growing up." However, this form of public service has the chief obective of keeping communities safer by aiding police units with spatial analysis in a criminal investigation. My college years, thus far, have been a time to sharpening my communication skills. The ability to work in groups, to establish common ground on a number of concrete issues, and to collaborate ideas and impliment club objectives plays an integral role in my success with others. This ability is one of endless subtle benefits a college education can provide for you as long as you let it. Rowan is far from an IV League. However, the college experience is all about what you make of it. When I applied myself this mindset, I soon began to forsee a bright future.

I suppose I would have liked to have been given the knowledge that trusting yourself in selecting courses are most beneficial to meet my personal and academic persuits. Course advisers usually advocate the classes that they teach and thus, have done extensive research for providing its lectures. However, they will recommend these classes without your particular goals in mind. You find out that you might have wanted to choose electives better suited to additional studies based on a specific career, not just a broad study area.

From a prospective students stand point, there is noting more frustrating than to find out that there is no place to park your car. Parking is a major issue for current and potential students and many of them have been given tickets exceeding $60! The school replies by telling you that you should have the "Terms and Services" of the electronic forms you filed. However, the practice of reading or understanding the terms and service agreement is a foreign language to both students and our faculty who enforces it. You are better off exchanging your car for a bike.

Kathleen

Classmates are clever creatures with odd weekend habits.

Classmates are clever creatures with odd weekend habits.

I've learned the way in which one can balance a life of social activities, academics, and personal meditation. I've learned how to be me.

People who cannot grasp the concept of balance should not attend.

Chuck

My school is known for its engineering program it is on of the best in the nation.

I have gotten the experience i need to value my education and also life. College is a life changing experience that everyone needs to experience. Throughout the rest of my college academic career i will love my school and always keep education my main priority throughout my life.

A person that loves to live in a college town type of environment. Also a student that loves school work because this unversity loves to give homework.

Rowan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.