Glassboro, NJ
Rowan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rowan University

Fixed  rate loan

Courtney

Rowan University is most known for producing high quality teachers through a dual major program. The program requires intensive practicum and field experience for students to hone their teaching skills. When they graduate, students have a Bachelors degree both in Education and in the core curriculum content area of their choice, a certificate of eligibility to teach, and experience with resume writing and interviewing with local school principles and super intendents.

As an adult returning to pursue a graduate education, I have a decade more experience than my high school senior self. I finished my undergraduate degrees with a fair amount of success and have worked, both in the Education field I pursued fresh out college and in a fair amount of other fields, searching for the career that suited me best. In retrospect, the transition from high school to college was not a difficult one. I had always loved school and been a motivated learner. I wish, rather, that I had been better prepared for the transition out of college. If I were to advise my younger self, I would prepare me for the hardships to come. I would warn myself not to be discouraged by the countless applications that would go unanswered or turned down as "inexperienced." I would tell myself to pursue more avenues since the things I truly loved about teaching could also be found in a variety of human services fields. I would tell myself to pursue each opportunity with the same tenacity with which I pursued my education. Mostly, I would assure myself that each obstacle can be overcome, and that it's all worthwhile.

Before going to Rowan University to learn to be teacher, I wish I had known that I did not want to teach in a traditional classroom setting. I wish I had known that the things I enjoy about teaching could also be done in the social work and counseling fields I now find myself in. I loved teaching when I taught, but I feel more fulfilled now that I have found an area that appeals to more of who I am.

Alicia

Rowan University is a place where all the student body as well as the faculty is willing to encourage and help one another to achieve their goals. Some classes feel similiar to a family working and learning together. The coarses here are both useful and challenging to the students. My mother attended Rowan University, she became a successful Mathematics teacher due to her influential studies, with her great experience there, she explained to me that it would be wise for me that Rowan to be my top choice to go to college. I took her advice and I'm grateful.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would give advice my high school self about various elements about college. I would tell myself to prepare yourself for this life. It can be hard yet rewarding, but don’t be afraid. Prepare to teach yourself if the professor is mainly lecturing and what he/she is saying isn’t comprehended. Read the textbook, make an outline for yourself to study. There might be situations where you are nervous and unable to know what to do. Relax; take a breath, think positive then take action to solve that problem. Know that events in life do not work out like they should, but compromise with it. Do what you need to do in order to achieve your goals. Don’t ever quit,. Don't let outside influences hold you back from focusing. Don't let it distract you from what is important. You would have to write a lot.....don't worry you are prepared for this. You might have to stay up till 3 in the morning to accomplish some tasks, but don't let that clock bother you. After, you feel great by your achievements

I tell my friends that attending Rowan University is challenging yet rewarding. The campus is always making ways to improve the environment to better it's students learning. Rowan University encourages the students to be independent.

Chelsea

The advice I would give myself as an incoming freshman is to make sure that I focus on my school work a lot more then I did in my first two semesters of 2011. I did not take it as seriously as I should have and I let my grades slip out from underneath me. That would be the most important thing I would have gone back and fixed. I would also tell myself that I should get more involved with clubs and other campus related activites along with being a varisty athlete. Telling myself to put in the effort everyday and work harder at not only womens soccer but also my academics as well. I would tell myself not to rush into things and let time and life take its course. Many good things come to those who wait but you cannot wiat forever sometimes you have to go after what you want.

The best thing about my school is that we have alot of school spirit and I believe that is one thing a University should be well rounded in. We always have athletes as well as greek life at our sporting events. Since Rowan is located in the town of Glassboro and the high school is right across the street many or the local townies and students attend many sporting events as well. We take pride in being Profs and you could definitely tell when being in attendance.

The person who should attend this school could be a well driven athlete or a hard working student. Rowan has a academically focused health program as well as engineering program. Any person who want to be involved with the university should 100% attend here. Rowan is very hands on in greek life as well. It is a well balanced campus and anyone who is willing to put in the hard work and walk away with a degree in 4 years that will allow them to get a job out of college is the type of person who should attend rowan.

Kelly

My classmates are more than just peers, they are also educators. Each one comes from a different background, have encountered different experiences and have different lessons they can teach me.

If I could go back and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to follow my curiosity. I would explain the power of the human brain, of energy and thoughts. I would tell myself to focus on the question rather than the answer. I would explain that test scores are not a measurement of intelligence. Most importantly I would tell myself to choose mentors that inspire me. I would tell myself to believe in my dreams. College is not the answer to finding yourself, many students graduate from college and still do not know which path to take. I wish I could tell myself that I have the power to create my own path and make a difference in the world. Life has meaning and every mistake is just a lesson. I wish I could go back and believe in myself while I was a student, but I now know that as a teacher, I will encourage my students to self-discover and believe in themselves first and foremost. For the most important lesson in life is finding out why you were born and the purpose of your individual life.

The best thing about Rowan University is the class sizes. By having small classrooms, topics can be discussed and together the whole class can brainstorm a concept. Instead of being lectured to, we can engage in dialogue.

They are very queit and akward, mostly talking to other engineers.

They are very queit and akward, mostly talking to other engineers.

Try not be so quiet all the time and to get to know people no matter what. Stop worrying about money so much and just have fun. Take the time to study material well and understand it.

The ones from New Jersey, since that is all that goes there.

Haley

My classmates are awesome! At Rowan everyone helps each other suceed and we all hang out together.

I would tell myself to live on campus and get out more. I do get out now but not as much as other students on campus.

The best thing about Rowan is the balance they keep between student life and academic needs. Both of these a well done.

Jenna

The majority are thankfully very passionate about their studies.

The majority are thankfully very passionate about their studies.

Rowan is best known for being the school you apply to even if you don't necessarily want to attend.

Try to get as many scholarships as you can because every little bit helps. Commuting is going to be a huge obstacle in your college life because it makes it that much harder to become involved on campus since you're virtually never there compared half of the study body. Sometimes there are going to be days where you just want to skip class and stay in bed because it's both physically and mentally exhausting and that's okay. Use your permitted absences wisely. Don't leave that eight page paper for the night before it's due. When you have downtime on campus, use it to do other work, especially if that work is reading. Take advantage of all the free elective space you have and pick some interesting classes. Always register for classes for the next semester as soon as your time slot opens. Don't go to class in your pajamas; lots of professors take this as a sign of laziness and apathy. If you have the opportunity to go to a campus activity with friends, do it. College is an incredibly refreshing change from high school; take advantage of every minute.

Jason

Focus on School alot more bacuse you are going to be fine. Things may be rough right now but you will have an amzing time stating college. Meet new people and experience bew things and dont focus on the bad things because it all works out in the end.

Miriam

High school students think of high school as their goodbye to their childhood. The advice I would give myself would be to think of high school as the last opportunity to achieve an outstanding GPA and to pay as much attention as I could in class. What is taught in high school will follow through your college years or it will hunt you, making you regret all the hours you lacked in high school. Plus it will cost you more to take extra courses and not only that but as well as more time and a longer process for you to graduate. So STOP lacking in class and ATTEND all classes, there are no excuses of not making the BEST of you. Either way it's your life, and it's you the one that's going to step into the real world one day or another

Alissa

Choose your major based on what you love. Don't pick a major that you will be bored with just because you can get a high-paying job in that field. You'll hate your classes if you don't choose what you love. If you hate your classes you won't go to them, and you'll waste a lot of time and money being unhappy. You'll be so much more engaged if you choose a major that interests you. You'll learn a lot more, be happier, and feel less stressed. One more thing: INTERNSHIPS!!

The best thing about Rowan is that it is expanding. We just obtained two medical schools and gained research status. There is going to be a new business school building and an addition on the engineering building. The campus is getting larger without feeling too large., and students do not get lost in the crowd. This is a great feeling for people who are thinking about coming here or are soon-to-be alumni.

I wish I had had a clearer idea of what I wanted to do with my life. I ended up switching majors after my freshman year because I just did not want to do what I thought I did. I wish in high school I had been encouraged to explore my interestes rather than picking a major right away.

Rowan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.