Glassboro, NJ
Rowan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rowan University

Fixed  rate loan

Zipporah

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to relax and enjoy the experience. I would tell her to stop wishing the time would fly by, because once its gone she can not get it back. I would tell her to carry a camera every where to capture the memories, because there will come a time when she will wish she had. I will tell her to remember and save all her notebooks from class (they come in handy in college). I would tell her to stop wasting precious time with friends, resolve all agruments and cherish all hugs. I would tell her to dry her eyes, the boy who broke her heart hurt will soon realized he made a mistake, but move on because you deserve so much better (save yourself time). I will tell her to have loads of confidence because she is BEAUTIFUL inside and out. Lastly, never doubt yourself under any circumstances, because you are awesome! Most of all, you will mature into a great woman, capable and strong. But for now, enjoy your life!

They should be driven and dtermined to work hard.

I tell my friends about how beautiful my campus is. I tell them about the great gym and library on campus. I also talk about the cool and friendly professors.

Laurlauren

Dear high school senior me, Everyone is asking you where you are going to college, what you want to major in, and a million more questions. Do not get stressed out. God will show you were he wants you and what he wants you to do with your life. Even in your second year you will still have no idea what God will do in your life. Stay away from people who will only act like friends and make you feel popular your first semester, but leave you stranded the next. Do not be worried about your roommate, she will be great and you guys will get along. You will meet your best friend and share awesome memories with her too. Do not be afraid to go to dinner alone and meet people. Make sure to keep in touch with those from back home or your summer will be super boring. Go job hunting. You will not have enough money for school and take out many loans. Apply for more scholarships. Keep your head up and remember Jeremiah 29:11. God is in control! Love, Me

Rowan has many majors. Although education is a popular major, Rowan offers many others such as Law and Justice. There are great classes and interesting ideas behind each major.

Many people go home on the weekends or go to parties. If you are not into fraternities and sororities, there seem to be few social activities to do on the weekends.

Katlyn

Rowan University is becoming more prestigious, culturallly diverse and opportune-filled everyday, finding everyone a home and offering plenty of new experiences for all!

I think the biggest advice I would give myself is breathe! I was so incredibly anxious and nervous for my freshman year at college. It was my first time truly being away from home and I was skeptical about what the "college life," would be like and if Rowan University was the correct school for me. If I knew then what I did now, I would be excited more than anything! I would tell myself that this would be the most impactful and life-changing experience for myself. Honestly, I wish I could repeat my freshman year of college. I would also tell myself to stay true to who I am, because many things in college can try to change you or effect your morals. I would tell myself to experience everything I can because you never know who's watching you, or what window will lead to a magical door. College is filled with friends, academically hard-work and opportunities you can only gain through experience. College is the time of your life, if you are there for the right reasons and have an ambitious personality with a drive. I would tell myself congratulations and welcome to Rowan University!

I wish I knew how many clubs and organizations Rowan offers. They offer honor societies, greek life, religious groups, programs for sexuality, diversity and awareness on drugs and alcohol. These programs are extremely informative and interesting to the college community- they just need to advertise more. They have a ton of incredible organizations; Everyone can join one!

MaKayla

If I could go back in time and talk to myseglf in high school as a high school senior; I would tell myself that in order to reach my goals I have to work harder. I was a hard worker alreay, passing classes, and graduated in the top ten percent of my class but I did not have one scholarship to support my choices of school. I would tell myself that in order to go to Alcorn State, that I needed to take the time out to apply for more scholarships. The money that Alcorn was willing to give me was not going to be enough in the long run. I would need more money to help with my schooling. I did not need to take what my mother said as a joke, but I did and in the long run it did not get me where I wanted to be in school. Our school is great in teaching but some of the teachers are just like high school teachers. They just want you out of the class. I need to do those scholarship applications, because it would have benefited me in the end.

therese

In the past it was best known for teaching.

In the past it was best known for teaching.

As a high school senior I had big dreams. I initially began college as an art major, but LOVED children. Teaching art seemed to be ideal, but one thing lead to another and I found myself as an elementary school major. If I could talk to my "senior self" I would recommend a few things. First, I would HIGHLY recommend either going away for four years or attending community college first and then transfer. I commuted and missed out on the college experience. Secondly, I would suggest to that senior to continue after graduation and move right into a master's program. It is now 21 years later, I'm just now getting back and it is difficult. However, I'd also tell my senior self, to not sweat the small stuff and make each choice count! Life happens and we have to make the best of each day. Learning is a privilege and should be viewed as such. Appreciate each opportunity and soar. Lastly, I might even tell myself that I am proud of my own accomplishments. I'd tell "me" to hang in there when the going gets tough and keep on keepin' on. Education is invaluable.

It has really grown quite a bit since I went. I don't recall anything so bad that it was worth typing.

Spencer

Spencer when you get ready to start college do not be nervous it is not as hard as you think. There is someone there every step to help you on the to getting your degree. You have much more calm enviroment in class rooms and the matieral is new but it is not any hard then you something you are capable of getting a good grade in. Enjoy college it will be the best time of your life and you will be a lot of fun and new people along the way. Will you stress sometimes? Yes, but thats just because you are growing up and making adult decision, but in the end you will be fine. You will finally get that degree you always wanted and it will not be as tough to obtain as you think you did.

Shannon

I am really happy with the education I got from Rowan University. The professors are excellent, and will often go far above and beyond the call of duty for their students. The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly- from my experience in the music department, most of the time people are willing to help each other out. With any school, you'll get out what you put in- at Rowan, if you invest your time and energy wisely, the payoffs will be huge.

Rebecca

Advice for myself, I did not make it to my senior year of high school. I dropped out my junior year, and then in 2004 I got my GED. But, I would tell myself to stay in school. I would do anything to have graduated and walked down the isle to get my diploma. I would have been the 1st Cunningham in my family to have ever gradated. I would also tell myself to be true to your self. Don't change who or what you are just because someone tells you that they don't like you or that they would like you better if you were this way or that way. Always believe in your self, if you don't who else will. It's really too bad that in high school if we only knew then what we know years later life would be so much easier. Always love your self; you have to love your self before you will ever let anyone else love you. And as I think back to my high school days, I think alot of kids now and then just try to please people instead of them self’s. Believe in YOU!

Michelle

If I had the opportunity to speak to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to invest in scholarships. I made the mistake of getting student loans and now I find paying them back a long and arduous task. I would tell myself to use those creative skills to find other ways to pay for school. The debt alone is one hundred times worse than the stress one will encounter in school so take the time to get FREE money. I would also tell myself to take extra time to focus on self-discovery because it takes time to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life, how you want to get there and if it suits your needs and personality. Take the time to discover all the careers that are actually out there and find out what they entail. Then, picture yourself 20 years older to see if it would actually suit you and make you happy. The last thing I would tell myself would be to have fun and appreciate the knowledge you pay money to obtain in addition to what you learn in life.

Rowan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.