Rowan University

« See more reviews of Rowan University

Greek life can be pretty overwhelming on campus, especially if you're not part of it. But there are plenty of other things to do and friends to be made outside of frats and sororities. There are always parties in Crossings and Beau (the off campus apartments) and that's where most freshmen go on weekends. Don't take classes on Friday - you'll soon learn that Thirsty Thursday is the best night of the week to go out. If you're not into getting drunk, go to the parties with your friends, grab a beer and nurse it all night. When you go to the bathroom, dump it and get a new one. Act a little silly, and no one will hassle you. Football games are big, especially against our rival TCNJ. Wear your Rowan gear and get ready to cheer.

I lived in Chestnut and I LOVED it! At first I wasn't too sure about it because you're kinda secluded, but that almost makes it better because you don't have to sign your friends in and out or visitors when they spent the night. The max a guest is supposed to stay overnight is 2 nights when in the dorm, but it didn't matter in Chestnut (Magnolia is the same set-up too). My friends and I would hang out until 2 or 3 in the morning and it was great. We also made friends with a bunch of the RA's and a lot of the time they would hang out in our lounge and be just as loud as us! (note: ALWAYS try to be friends/friendly with your RA!)

Most Rowan-sponsored events are poorly attended. There are a few places to party just off-campus and Landmark is walking-distance for those over 21. Greek life is there for those who want it, but it isn't like you have to be in one in order to go out on a weekend. I've met most of my friends through living with them, being in clubs or being in classes. I would say that for those who want to go looking for a party, it won't be hard to find one, but for those who don't, you won't be the only one.

If I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I am probably doing a paper, reading for class or hanging out with my boyfriend in his dorm. The majority of people party on Thursday nights or the weekends. If you don't want to drink yourself silly on a Saturday night, you can take a bus to Philly, go to whatever Rowan has going on in the Student Center, chat with friends over a meal at The Owl's Nest, find someone with a car and head over to the movies/mall or just hang out in the dorms.

Fraternities and Sororities are most popular on campus and students usually have their door closed because of the way the door functions. The guest speakers and activities are very popular on campus. I met my closet friends through people in my classes. Studying late on tuesday nights. People usually party 3 days starting from thursday. Last weekend i celebrated my friends birthday. The campus has programs that you can participate in on Saturday nights.

The activities that Rowan provides are great. It's a shame that students don't take advantage of them. Many would rather be out drinking and getting ripped out of their minds. I think it's sad. I take part in many of the Rowan activities including SUP events and After Hours. What they are doing for the students is awesome.

bars in town: landmark and main st., places to hang out: crossing and beau appartments. When you dont want to drink: there is a bowling place, Rowan after hours is good (they have events every Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights), and going to the gym.

Competitive NCAA D3 school, lots of off-campus parties. Good bar scene with Landmark and Main Street bars being walking distance from campus.

I'm currently in the ACS, but they don't do anything. There aren't a lot of groups that pertain to my interests.

Go greek, live on campus at least once, get involved!! it's the best thing to do!