Rutgers University-New Brunswick Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

Ryan

Depends which campus you're on. One step off College Ave will bring you to a restaurant or into a bad neighborhood while Cook campus is surrounded by wooded areas and Route 18.

Ryan

James

Off of campus there are noticably many unique restaraunts to go to, plays to see, and even NYC is just a short train ride away. There is much to see right in the city of New Brunswick and friends will find ways to be entertained here.,

Being off campus is almost as awesome as being on campus. Right out of Cook/Douglass is a Sears (which allows students to park for FREE!), Houlihan's and On the Border (good restaurants), Rutgers gardens (which is beautiful in the springtime), and further off is East Brunswick (my very own hometown). East Brunswick is quite conveniently located because it offers so many things students would want: Taco Bell, Wendy's, Target, Quick Check, Wawa, Walgreens, Home Depot, and much more! Off College Ave are plenty of good food places you should check out in your college career: The Sanctuary (ice cream and food's not bad), Noodle Gourmet, Starbucks, bubble tea, Giovanelli's (best buffalo chicken pizza ever!), froyo, Stuff Yer Face (strombolis are delicious!), Cluck -U, and plenty of bars or bar-restaurants! Off of Busch and Livingston are some pretty convenient stores: diners, Joe's Crab Shack, Red Robins, 5 and Below, shoe stores, another Target, White Castle, LA Fitness, and much more. You can obviously see that if you go to Rutgers, you don't have to go far to get something you need!