Newark, NJ
Rutgers University-Newark

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rutgers University-Newark

Nnenna

The classes are pretty diverse and usually generally small in number which is comforting because you can have a one-one-one relationship most times with your professor. Classmates are usually friendly but you do have to be atleast slighty outgoing to get to know them. There are a lot group projects and exercises so you end up getting to know your classmates one way or another. Most people participate in class so you tend to know who is really a taker as well as their diverse views which is great and you can make new friends if your new.

I would tell myself to apply to more colleges and to be very considerate about how much financial aid I get and make the finances be a major part of my desicion. I was just focused on just going far and did not take time to figure out how I could pay for everything. If I could balance the campus life, high school rank, AND finances it would have being been perfect and I would have not had to transfer. I would also encourage myself to not be so afriad of transferring because it was a new beginning and I get a fresh start with a new gpa and I saved a lot of money. It's important to take everything into consideration and not to walk in blindly because everything does have to add up so that you can stress as less as possible and focus on academics and enjoy your college experience.

Although the campus life is lacking Rutgers Unviersity is a very well known school where you have connections and the Rutgers degree is looked upon highly so I expect that finding a job shouldn't be too difficult and if you love what you learn and major in you usually learn a lot about it. My major is sociology and I love my classes, the professors are excellent and down to earth.

Andrew

In this school you are encouraged to be yourself. Many of the professors (95%) have the highest degree possible in their field, so many professors have been teaching and researching at Rutgers-Newark for nearly years. Many of my professors are published authors in their respective fields. In fact, one of my professors has been teaching here since 1975, and has published 20 books and over 200 peer-reviewed journal articles. you can find that alot at our school.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself my senior year I would tell myself of all the fun times I would have, and how much going to college would make a difference in my life. My senior year I was up in the air about college, and if I went back, I would convince myself that all I need is a little motivation. I would let myself know that college is nothing like high school, and to not worry about not being able to get into a good school. I would convince myself to stay away from the large universities and to zone in on Rutgers-Newark. "Rutgers-Newark is perfect for you" I would tell myself. "They have one of the best Criminal Justice programs in the country there, and all the professors are really helpful." I would finish by just reminding myself to not wait so late to apply. "Applying in June is no fun."

Anyome who wants a very good education and actually wants to learn something out of college. Anyone can come to this school, because Rutgers-Newark is the most diverse campus in the country, representing nearly 50 different countries around the world as well as socio-economic diversity. This school is cheap for the amount of education you get out of it as well.

Schauna

Rutgers is well known for their football team, law school, medical school, and engineer school. Rutgers has great transportation to various places around an dnear the campus as well as a train station near the campus to New York.

I would inform myself about the process of applying to colleges and encourage applying early. I would suggest to look at colleges toward the end of my sophmore year and junior year to get an idea of various institutes. I would inform myself about the various waivers you could use for the SATs as well as up to five college applications. I would reccomend to apply online to most colleges, being as though it's mostly cheaper. I would stress the importance of applying to scholarships. I would provide myself with different scholarship websites as well as getting involved in the guidance counselor office to speak one on one with professionals who can guide me in the right direction. Being as though I went away my first year of college just to return to my home state, I would suggest that I consider on attending a community college for two years then transfer to a four year university in hopes of building a strong solid GPA and not waste any money as I did my first year. I would lastly stress the importance of getting onvolved with extracurricular activities and volunteer work before and during college.

Anyone and Everyone should attend Rutgers. It's one of the most diverse colleges in the United States. Rutgers is a very diverse place in terms of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and just about everything else. Someone who is goal driven, and love to succeed should attend Rutgers.

Kameel

Something that is unique about my campus is the size of it. It is small compared to any other campus that Rutgers has as a whole, which works as a positive in terms of getting in touch with your professors and getting a better understanding of what is occuring in the classroom.

The advice that I would give to myself would be always account for variable change in regards to your grades. I may have been doing well during highschool but when once college came around, my studying habits had to change drastically. Also do not let anything or anyone get in the way of your hopes and dreams of being successful. Because anyhardship in college or highschool will pay off with hard work and determination.

I tend to tell them compared to the life on the new brunswick campus there is less parties that occure. Also compared to the new brunswick campus since Newark has a smaller campus it is easier to get to your classes in timely fassion. Also that the classes are smaller so you get a better relationship with your teacher.

Brandon

If I could go back in time a talk to myself as high school senior I would tell myself to spend a lot of time looking at more schools. I would also tell myself to prepare for the next level of schooling better. Like most freshman at college I was completely confused for a while. In high school we are conditioned to be a certain way, and when you get to college those ideas are thrown out the window.

Students who aren't fond of studying.

Jonathan

Being the most diverse campus in America for ethnicity.

Being the most diverse campus in America for ethnicity.

There are several things that I would want to tell myself if I could travel back in time. One of those things would be to sign up for classess asap. This is mainly because the most desired classess for certain time slots tend to fill up quickly. So to prevent myself from having a chaotic schedule, I would tell myself to sign up quickly. Another thing I would tell myself is to get a part time job at UPS asap. UPS offers me a tuition program that helps me pay for some of my college bill and also offers many benifits. However, most of the benifits are not avaliable not until one year has past from starting. The final and most important thing I would tell myself is to tell the girl I love "from high school" how I feel about her. I told her the day of graduation but by then it was to late. Our paths had begun to split. However, I believe that one day our paths will merge again.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not being able to be with somone I love who goes to the same school but at a different campus. I would transfer to the other campus but my major is not supported over there.

Andrew

My classmates are all intelligent individuals that are friendly and helpful. They are also very diverse.

As a high school senior, I was already preparing for the transition to college. For example, I joined the wrestling team to get my body in shape and I touched up on my study habits (which proven to be effective, because I earned 3 A's and 1 B first semester.) However, i made a few mistakes that I would want to tell myself. Firstly, I would tell myself to search for scholarship money so that I can dorm instead of commuting. Dorming would be a new experience for me as I would meet new people and live without parents for a while. The commute is also tiring for me. I would also tell myself to work on my writing and analytical skills as those were needed in my English Composition class. I should have started to learn how to write on the college level in highschool. Other than those two big mistakes, It was a smooth transition for me.

A student that wants to meet new people of different backrounds. A student that prefers a smaller school over a larger one in respects to both student body size and campus size. A student that lives close to the school, because dorming here is too expensive. If they had the opportunity to dorm they should have went to Rutgers - New Brunswick. A student that likes nice teachers that actually want to help the students learn instead of the trickery that goes on in other schools. A student where everyone on campus is friendly and eager to help a fellow student.

Jade

Rutgers Newark is a school of opportunity and diversity that inspires you to take education and the learning experience to a new, elevated level.

My classmates, a plethora of differing religions, social and economic backgrounds and orientations, combine to create a miniature global learning enviroment.

As a second year college student, I?ve had plenty of time to learn from my mistakes and reform my attitude towards life and education. If I could somehow reverse the vortex of time and space to senior year of high school, I would scream, ?Jade, stop skipping classes!? I took senior year for granted, since I was always told that junior year was the most important year of high school. I developed this notion that once you were accepted into the college of your choice, there was no need to continue the hard work. Although I didn?t fail senior year, I did miss out on a lot of scholarship opportunities and extracurricular that would improve my prospective college experience. Another thing I would have done was to use my time during senior year to get better acquainted with the workings of my school, which would have made my senior year summer much less hectic! I would have take a tour around the dorms, the campus and some of the off campus grounds, so when I get there, I?m well acquainted with my environment.

Carolina

Football and high rate of students receiving a job after graduation

Football and high rate of students receiving a job after graduation

I would first evaluate my study habits and how I work in large classes. Also remind myself that a good name isn't always everything, and that being and doing miserable in a good school is much worse for my future. I would tell myself not to search for a school based on my SAT score especially since my grades are great and to dig deeper into the school's scholarships. I would have to talk with the advising counselors much more and take a couple trips to the school, stay overnight if possible to get a better home away from home feel. Lastly, I would talk to several people that currently attend the school and those who graduated to find out little details about on campus housing, after all it will be my new home. On the emotional side I'd have to tell myself to not be intimidated by other schools and whether or not i'd be accepted, I know my worth. Wrap it up with a pep talk that being away from home is the best way to learn and expand my horizons. Any place is just a flight away!

Somebody who doesn't like big classes. This school is huge.

Tashiah

Hey Tashiah, when applying to college, you should always keep your options open. Apply to as many schools as you like, and unless your really positive on what you want to pursue, apply as undeclared. That way, if you apply based on your merit, extra cirricular activities, and application requirements you will definitely be admitted. Also, apply for many scholarships. More than you can count. Instead of trying to apply out of state for school, always weigh your finacial options first. I know this seems like a lot, but if someone had told me these things, I would have been greatfful and ahead of my game!! I do not want to talk your head off, or worry you, but these are very important guidelines that will be helpful in your transition to college. Just remember to be organized, work hard, and have fun. Never stress the small things in life.

The area surrounding the school can be dangerous at night.

Rutgers University-Newark administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.