Rutgers University-Newark

« See more reviews of Rutgers University-Newark

The most frustrating thing about my school was the fact that, even though it preached diversity, it didn't really practice it. Each group of ethnicities hung around together, and there were all sorts of separate clubs for each culture, and it often felt segregated. In addition, I feel that if a student didn't participate in a club/organizational activity, they would not enjoy the campus very much. It was very independent and lacked a sense of community in some aspects. Also there weren't enough activities planned on weekends. The campus was dead every Saturday and Sunday.

The most frustrating thing about the school is registering for classes. There is so much competition in trying to get specific classes that one needs to complete their degree that it's very plausible that one may not be able to register for all the classes they wanted. This is especially true if you're a freshman or sophomore.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of help (or lack thereof) that the financial aid office provides to the students and also the hectic and busy traffic/parking situation for the commuter students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not being able to be with somone I love who goes to the same school but at a different campus. I would transfer to the other campus but my major is not supported over there.

Homeless people come on campus. The financial aid counselors dont really help. There are a limited amount of classes. People who play sports, on EOF program, or upperclassmen get first choice with classes.

Many people think the city Newark is dangerous even though there are 4 colleges forming a college town. In a reality, Newark is not that dangerous if you be careful.

Many students are either part time or full time while working jobs, and these students are not always fully prepared for class, making class move slowly.

Most of the students are commuters. About 10-15% live on campus. Surrounding city is not as nice as NYC. Weekends are kind of boring.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tuition rates. They are way too high and financial aid should be higher.