Rutgers University-Newark Top Questions

Michael J.

I wish I had a better understanding of the area around the campus before attending school here.

Brenda

I wish I had known before I came to Rutgers that commutting is actually really dificult. Spendind more than an hour every day just in commutting is complicated.

Roxana

I wish I had learned more about what the school offered/resources it has. I came across resume building and correcting on my last year. It helped me a lot not only with job-related information but also how you can incorporate your interships, community service, and college credit that is all related to your major. I found this resource when I attended a workshop for the Career Development Center. I know it sounds obvious but not many students used it because it was offered to Business/Finance majors. Sometimes the information that you need is in front of you.

Mark

Last semester, I earned my Associate's Degree from Union County College. At times, I wish that I had known that transferring to Rutgers a couple semesters early could've helped me get acclimated to my new school faster. Also, seeing as I've paid for all of my college expenses without any financial assistance from my parents, I wish I had known that there were even more scholarship search engines for me to explore. For this reason, receiving the Campus Discovery Scholarship would make a big difference for me.

John

How to utilize the library resources on the various campuses.

JodiAnn

I wish I had known we were going to do so much case studies and group projects. After all, that is what college is all about; however, due to the fact that I was attending a small community college with little group projects and no case study to do, I was under the impression that college can be a walk over until I came to Rutgers University. It is more challenging and I wish I had known that, because I could have been more prepared so I can meet all my expectations with ease.

Maxine

I wished i had learn more about Financial Aid. I was promised if i had a good GPA then i would receive more grants and chances to apply for scholarships but it never happened. I also wished i had learned more about athletics at the school.

Nuria

I wish I had known about the difficult financial aid process before I came to the school.

Franchesca

I wish I would have known how diverse this university is, along with the different classes there are available to students. The professors are extremely intelligent, from previous state legislatures to authors of books we study in class. The university is the most diverse university in the nation so you meet people from all walks of the world. The classes are interesting, and the workload is not as difficult as one may think. Overall, the university is a place where the student has the ability to succeed if they put their minds to it.

Joseph

nothing I didn't already know...