Sacramento, CA
Sacramento City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sacramento City College

Marlene

Though I dislike having to wake up early and do homework, I enjoy going to school to learn new thing and meet new people. Going to Sac City College I feel that class sizes are just right and that because the school is known, when others find out I am going there they either respond with "I go there too" or "I'm going there next semester".

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Sacramento City College is a public college, that is affordable for students of any income. It is an nice open campus with a beautiful park across the street. There are many different courses that can be taken for all types of majors, plus if you are looking for fun activities to do or any clubs to join, there are over various to choose from on campus.

The same stereotypes that are said and believed outside of school are the same one's that are said and believed within the school. Though the stereotypes might not be taken so seriously in the school because everyone has had more experience and is open to more, the stereotypes still go around.

I don't really go to any students events. And sense I am not in any activities and groups at school I do not know what the most popular students activities/groups are.

Kate

Sacramento City College is a place to get an Associate's or transfer credit, but there it isn't very challenging.

You are about to embark on a world so drastically different than you imagined it to be. You will meet people who have had out-of-this world experiences and people who have had too-much-of-this-world experiences. Some of your views that you carried with you to college on stone tablets will be corroded. Others, reenforced. You will discover possibilities and opportunities that seem too good to be true. So don't be too attached to what you think your life goals are just yet. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have goals at all, but be curious, be involved, and there will be passions out there you didn't know you had. And when you find them, embrace them.

I wish I knew how easy the classes were and how unmotivated the students are. It can be very frustrating when the classes are not challenging and the instructors teach the class like it's a middle school class.

Kevin

Sacramento City College is a commuter school; a commuter school is a school that is in the middle of a very populated area that has a contingency that works during their school careers, so the students get help from the tools the school gives you but it is sometimes not enough and people have to find ways to better understand the material taught in class outside of class.

Hello Kevin Deacon at 17, you are one crazy guy. It is the year 2014 and I am writing to you from probably the same seat you was sitting in 5 years ago studying for school. This time I am writing because of scholarships, i am writing you to give you advice on the world around you. At this time 5 years ago you had just broken up with lisa a few months before, she had crushed our heart and stole our soul. We tried to take it with a chip on our shoulder and go after others quickly but when another girl just dismissed us and threw us to the side of the road like an unwanted puppy. We should have forgiven sooner. We shouldnt hold grudges on the extinguishing of a flame. We should allow a person to get to know us not just sexually. Yet at the same time I know it takes a village to raise a child, but when it comes time get down and dirty to get to where we want to be in our life you need to forget about everyone else and be selfish for once. Its not fun, but worth it.

The best thing about my school is their accomidability, because of their reputation for being a commuter school they had great ideas to put campuses of Sacramento City College in other towns near sacramento such as the Davis and West Sacramento Center. These campuses extend the ability to meet with a counselor or get tutored dependeing on where you live and your life's schedule.

Olga

Start thinking about what major i want to get in, And try not to be lazy and get organzied and get scholarships.

The teachers and the beautfiul campus

Knowing where my classes were and come earlier for parking

Mouang

My school may not be important to anyone who just walks by, but when you're finally a student there then that will change because my school cares about it's students and on helping them succeed.

I've gotten knowledge and understanding from my college experience. College has taught me to be more open-minded and that there are so many views on everything. I've also realized that we may all have different views on life but if we really cared enough then people can work together to make changes. Knowledge and understanding has been valuable to attend college so that I can learn more. In college, a lot of people express their opinions and never stop to listen to what others have to say. Once I started listening, I started to understand. Once I started to understand, I was more wise and realized that I was capable of anything. It just takes that one step to attend college. From there, I discovered who I was.

The worst thing about my school is how much it cost to buy food. The prices are high and the good quality food items cost even more. If we are trying to prevent obesity, shouldn't we have the less cost foods be vegeterian and the unhealthy foods to be more expensive?

Danielle

My classmates are from various ethnic backgrounds who all share the desire to succeed and help the people around them do the same.

The transition from high school to College can be overwhelming; however, it is a very important step up the ladder leading to success. Here are some pointers that can help make the transition smoother. There are many questions that will come up, so start asking now. Senior year is a perfect time to start mapping out your future. Pick a goal you wish to achieve, and plan your schooling around that goal. It can be useful to know, early on, if there are only a few schools that will allow you to enter your intended career; these schools usually want certain courses to be completed. Talk to a few college counselors, even if you will not be attending their school. Most counselors are there to help narrow down school choices in addition to avoid taking extra classes. Also, as a high school senior, you will be eligible for a larger number of scholarships. It is wise to apply now even if you think you won?t need them until later. The transition can be scary but do not let it slow down your progress. Remember, there are many steps that need to be taken to climb the ladder of success.

Sally

I would tell myself to take a year off and not be afraid to speak up , to the parents what it is that I want to do and then do it. I would tell myself that no matter what, everything will be okay. Don't go to college because your not ready, you'll only be wasting time and money. I would also tell myself that if I did go to college right out of high school that I would be a dissappoint to my parents, since I know that I went to college for 4 weeks then dropped out and how the parents were so upset and angry that I was now a college drop-out and that I wasted their money. I would tell myself to just go for it and call the folks when I get to my distination and not before. Too just take a deep breathe , exhale slowly, and laugh aloud . Life will exciting and scary but it will all be worth it .

The best thing about my school is the great professors they have teaching there. Every professor I've had the pleassure of being taught by has been very unique. They all have different ways of teaching and making sure that the students understanding of all the materials is their #1 goal . They found ways to make you want to learn and keep continuing to come to classes even through the bad weather, all they buzz with the swine flu, and all the parking or lack there of.

The worst thing about my school is how overcrowded it is with student who aren't ready to continue with their education. In stead of standing up to their parents and choosing to do want it is they want to do , they are wasting time in classes , and taking up spaces that could be for those who are ready and who won't waste time in getting their degrees. Hopefully it won't take that long for them to figure out what they want to do and they can drop, before they waste more time and more money!

Shoshannah

In college you will feel an immense amount of freedom. I warn you, do not take that for granted! Everything has it's place and there is a place for everything. You need to find what it is you are passionate about and go for it! Never let your fears get the best of you. If you do, it will haunt you for years to come. Know this; you are a beautiful person, inside and out, and there are people who want to take advantage of young women just out of high school. Don't let them get you down. Find those friends who will stick by you. Join a club with people who share the same interest as you. They will help you go far and may help you when you need it the most. Keep your mind open to other cultures and way of life. It will help you grow as a person and will help you understand other people. You are strong minded, I know you will do well in everything you do. One last thing, I love you. (It's important to love yourself no matter what happens in life and at any age.)

Nisa

If i could go back in time and tell myself what to be ready for and what to expect, i would tell myself that its a competition getting into those classes. Lots of people want them so as soon as you can, enroll. I would tell myself not to be intimmedated by college. Just work hard at it and dont slack off. Its going to be the biggest step to becoming and adult and insuring a desirable life style. I would also tell myself to stay on top of any deadlines. Making those dead lines is like is your life line at this point. Don't stress too much. And study but dont fry your brain. You're going to be spending alot of time in college so find what fits and get comfortable with the rules of success.

I dont really know what my school is known best for. Its deffinately the cleanest school I have ever been too.

People are focused and ready to dedicate themselves to their education should attend Sac City. Sac City has a very determined ora about it. When you step on campus, you know you are there to better yourself by gaining the education provides there.

Sacramento City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.