Sacramento, CA
Sacramento City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sacramento City College

Tara

Sacramento City College is a diverse, relaxed campus where the professors care about their students' education.

I would tell myself that college life is a big step, but if I show up to class prepared everyday then it won't be too difficult. Getting up and into the classroom is half of the battle. I would tell myself that it is very important to keep up on the reading and don't get behind. Being prepared for my classes beforehand will make the most difference between a 'C' and an 'A'.

I brag about the dedication of the professors, the helpful staff in the library, and the amazing amount of parking spots in the parking garage.

Ranae

I would tell myself to first, stay focused. Stay focused on the big picture, my future. You have to work hard to get what you want out of life, no one else is going to live your life for you. Second I would tell myself to never give up. It's not always going to be easy, but anything worth working for is worth having. Then I would tell myself to manage my time wisely. Time managment can sometimes be dificult when life happens. If you can learn to manage your time everything else will be a little less stressful. I think thats the best advice I could give myself to prepare for my future, and the transition into college. If you go in focused, strong, and Ready to work hard nothing can stop you.

Sara

What advise would I give myself as a high school graduate? I probably have to say, " get more involved!". In high school, I was more involved with working then I was with anything else. I was too worried about moving up with my current employer and making a career at the age of 18 than I was I thinking "What do I REALLY want to do with the rest of my life?" I was focusing on the wrong thing at the wrong time. I had my whole life to work. Jobs are temporary. Careers are for a lifetime. Looking back, there were counselors, after school programs, electives, and many other things that could've sparked my interests to help me find a calling (if I just would've reached out). At the age of 25 ,with a husband, two kids, and a mortgage , I have found that the more I now involve myself with special interest classes and being involved with my community the more I know what I want to be. As a mother, I want my kids to be more involved in school because I see the TRUE benefit in how it can help a young adult grow.

fakee

Knowing what I knew now about college, I would go back in time to tell myself what I should do and not do when I make the transition from high school to college. First of all, I would tell my High school self to get prepared for college by applying for any available scholarships that I can find. Also, I would tell myself to apply for Fasfa as soon as possible so that I can eligible for financial service. This way, I don?t have to put up with the hassles I am facing now about financial aid. Secondly, I would tell myself to SAVE money and not use it on things that I don?t need. Now I regret spending money on things that I haven?t used for long time. Third is to always, always keep track of my financial aid services and make copies so that if there is anything that went wrong, I have backups. This much were the three main things I have to worry about now, but if I knew before, then I would have planned ahead and would never end up in situation of stressing over money and time wasted.

I with that i had known to get my financial services ready and that this school is really small. All their class departments are near and close each other with just footsteps across. Also, Sacramento City College is home to many students from close and far high school graduates. I thought that it would be a hard college, but really, its almost as if it was like High School. This school doesn't have all the great programs, but it's a start for beginners.

A kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want to learn. Yeah this school maybe be small and considered not good, but I say you don't know what you're talking aboout. This is a school to a fresh start and learn what you need and achieve greater. Those that are too lazy to want to do anything, don't come here. This school is for those who want to learn and achieve but cannot due to spaces taken up by others who waste time.

Israel

The greatest hardship that you will face in the pursuit of your dreams is a financial one. Quite unfortunately it makes all the difference because without plenty of money, you will be unable to finance your schooling and as a result, your passion. Digital art and animation is quite an expensive hobby to fund, it's even more expensive to get training for. However, do not let the factor of money ever prevent you from carrying on in this adventure of yours. Because while gear and training may be expensive, finding assistance in finance or a job most certainly is not, there is always a way to acquire what you need. Maintain a positive attitude throughout, a good mental and physical discipline, and you will only excel in your career, as well as in your life. There is no need to lecture you on thinking of your future, you already knew what you wanted to do with your life back in fourth grade and for the most part, you know how to get there. Keep going strong. -Sincerely, you in the future.

The teachers overall are simply phenomenal. During the time that I've attended the school, I have had yet to encounter one who either came off as ill-experienced or was a bore. They are all wonderful and interesting people. One thing that especially captivates me about the teachers here is that they tend to offer to assist a student beyond the class itself. They are not merely there as a teacher of a specific subject matter, they are also there as a friend who you can consult whenever you are in need.

Anybody who lacks physical or mental motivation to attend a school for the development of skills and knowledge in a desired career should absolutely stay away from this school at all measures. This is a facility built to give an aspiring (insert career choice) the base knowledge that they need in order to propel into their future of success. Not only does this school's staff prepare you for university but they also prepare you for the career by providing a hands-on experience. If this is too much for a person to embark on, they shouldn't attend, ever.

Alex

My classmates are very intellectual and very respectful persons that will aide you if you need any help.

With the knowledge i have obtained in the first semester of city college, i would go back in time to give myself a better understanding of why we need to go to college and how to budget it. I would tell myself to go talk to a counselor on how to fill out financial aid and do not wait until last minute to accomplish any important tasks. Such as, making sure all college requirements are done, updating parents on the progress of my desire to go to a state college, and to gain as much knowledge of the world after high school. Would've told myself not to doubt in whether or not i made it into a state school and just do what counselors have advised you to do. Also, do not let the feeling of despair and fear control my actions or desires.

The worse part about my school is the vibe given that we are still in high school; due to the segregated groups and the fact you see everyone you graduated with because it is a city college.

Waheeda

Don't be stubborn about what you want to major in at the moment and take your parents advice. Look at every option available and explore different fields. I know you may think that the classes you are taking such as chemisty and physics are easy to you now but in college it is way harder. You should start looking at majors that you are actually passionate about. Don't just try to major in something that you think will make you rich like being a doctor. You'll want to change your major in a few semesters if you are not passionate about it now. Also instead of partying all the time and shopping for clothes, get a part time job and start saving up for college. You think everything is going to be allright but in real life money just doesn't come your way easily and your parents aren't always going to be able to help you. If you have extra time, start taking GE classes at the community college so you can get ahead. Do your research now or you will be screwed if you wait till the last minute!!!

There are several students who don't seem to care about school that much and just show up for no reason. There are couple of bad teachers but its best to just check ratemyproffesors.com and pick out the good teachers to take.

Students who isn't sure about what they want to major in or if they can't afford a four year university right after graduating high school. It's a great place to get general education done and IGETC done if you want to go to a University of California or a State College. I had a lot of great teachers and made a lot of friends.

Danielle

My school is one of the coolest schools with one of the biggest Graphic Communications departments in the district that its in. I am very privilaged to be able to attend this school.

My classmates are all really happy and excited to be in their classes becasue they enjoy school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell my self that I need to fill out as many scholorships as I can. I would explain that college is nothing like highschool and that its nothing like I thought it was going to be, its hard work and that if you arent ready to put all of your time and committment into it, wait untill you are ready and willing to do that. Make sure that you are financially ready and set with the financial aid, scholorships and grants. The classes are short and fastpace and that feeling that you dont need to complete an assignment is not a good idea, you need to be prepaired to do everything that is assigned. The teachers rairly give second chances, they want you to succeed but they arent going to go out of their way to push you, that it all on you.

My classmates are easy to get along with, hardworking, and very self-motivated.

My classmates are easy to get along with, hardworking, and very self-motivated.

Amanda, this is you in 2010. This is not just another adult telling you what to do or what's best for you. You may think you know what life is about, but in reality, you have no clue. Yes, you have had a challenging childhood with parents who are still struggling to fix their mistakes. Don't make the same mistakes they did. I know that you want a family, but they will need your support in ways you can't even think of. They will be counting on you to help them with their problems. So right now while it's just you, Focus on You. Don't worry about the future or what it will bring. Focus on what you can bring to the future. If you don't know, well, it's your Education. What you know stays with you forever. No one can ever take that away. There will be challenges, successes, and failures but no matter what continue to stay in school. Strive for your goals and stay focused.

I wish that I had come to realize how hard life really is. This past year has been a complete challenge. I now understand the only way to get ahead in life is to complete my degree so that I may have a promising and rewarding career. I want to be able to give my family everything they deserve. I want to be able to help them when they need it the most. Since I started SCC I feel like all my goals are starting to become a reality and I'm just pushing forward day by day.

Self-motivated entrepreneurs; who dream, believe, and want to do more for themselves with the little that was given to them.

Me: "Why are you shooting yourself in the foot?" Past Me: "I'm not! It's the facts: my grades are just okay, I'm not great at sports, and I don't do volunteer work." Me: "If colleges were all looking for the same type of person, there wouldn't be so many out there to choose from. So what if you only managed a B in history? You got an A in physics, right? No one is the BEST at everything. Plus, you're involved in a variety of activities! Just because you're not volleyball captain, doesn't mean you don't contribute as part of the team. Your strengths and life experiences make you unique. You have drive. That's all you need. It's true, college is hard, but that doesn't mean you can't succeed. You will have so many choices ahead of you: scholastic and socially. Trust your instincts, don't ever tell yourself that you aren't good enough, and don't be afraid to ask for help. You?re expected to make mistakes; it?s part of learning, and part of becoming an adult. If you're unsure; think, breathe.

Someone who is unsure of their path in life, and wants a place where they can dabble in everything that interests them without worrying about cost. You can take a class on aeronautics, african music or ethical philosophy. This college is a great place for someone who has a variety of interests but needs a starting place that can help them narrow down the choices.

Sacramento City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.