Sacramento, CA
Sacramento City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sacramento City College

anthony

the classmates are different, not your typical high school kids anymore. all grown and focused and goiing to school for tha same reasons your goiing. still the same goofy class clowns but with alot more manners and control as well as responsibilty. college is actually fun seeing that high school was just alright. in the classes you have fun while you learn witch is the best combination ever

well to be honest i wouldnt tell myself anything because everything happens for a reason. and you live and you learn so there is nothing i would change while i was in highschool as of now because i wouldnt noe where i would be headin if i changed anything back then.

to be honest i wish i would of went straight into college right after high school. The transition of high school to college AFTER a while break is not so good, because some tend to lose all memory of the G.E you learned in high school. and i felt as if i was just going to go to college and it was going to be all good. but i guess it doesnt work out that way. but despite that i still love college

Ebony

Sacramento City College is exactly that--a city college with a wide range of student and faculty diversity, mass acceptance of culture, encouragement for retrieving the past in order to capture the future, and a great progression of speed used towards the pursuance of excellence.

In the essence of now we cease to plan and remember. Contemplation of our academics isn't what concerns us but what concerns us the most is finishing the now and continuing on in our lives of--"of what?"--our college self asks. "Here in the next stage I hold the overwhelming power to freely discover where life's past and new revelations of contemplation will take time me." My advice to my senior self is to be busy to concern myself with excelling in not only academics, but to also involve myself in the community, school clubs, and camping trips. This is the advice of one that is left grappling with finding a social niche to ease the tension of the dizzy juggle of compounding course load, employment, study time and social amusement. ?Now is the time, high school self, to establish and discover a few strong buddies that will help you control the circus, and ground you in flight."

Since my first semester of attendance at Sacramento City College I was able to experience crashing a course that had already been closed. In those days a student was given a chance at late enrollment, but due to the economic down turn my college has suffered a severe increase in student population, a great decrease in course availability, and many tighter rules for crashing a course. Our science department has always been hopelessly limited, but this semester it is even worse. In regards to this fact I will not be able to continue the last pre-nursing requirements promptly.

Devin

My school is best known for its diversity and high academic standards among community colleges. It has dedicated faculty who are there to teach, not to do research and publish which is the case at many four-year universities and colleges. My school has a good nursing and emergency medecine program, a popular computer science program, and a wide array of other programs available, from liberal arts to aeronautics.

Hey. You've been in school a long time. The difference between before and now is you don't have to go to college. So figure out why you're going to college. Is it because everyone else is? Is it for your family? Is it for yourself? Make sure it's a good reason, because without a purpose, you will be lost in a sea of opportunity. Talk to everyone as soon as possible. Invest in community and relationships, and maintain your friendships from high school. Don't be afraid to do something no one else is doing - and that includes working harder and smarter than you ever have before. Imagine what and where you want to be in 10 years. Plan accordingly, but be flexible - never stay somewhere you don't want to be. Above all, have as much fun as humanly possible, because while school may feel like an eternity, people keep on shouting at me that life is short. They can't all be wrong, right?

I wish I had done more research and planning before attending SCC. Start planning as soon as possible, and sign up for classes online as soon as eservices (the SCC student services website) lets you. If you don't get into the classes you want, consider taking a class this semester so you can get priority enrollment next semester. Check out ratemyprofessors.com, talk to a counselor and professors about your plans, and study for your assessment tests. If you want to meet people, join a club or organization that interests you.

Wendy

Do not underestimate classes or overestimate yourself. Several times I have made the mistake of thinking that a class was easy and did not require more studying or that I was smart enough to get an A so long as I read over the materials once. In High School your grade for a class was made up of many different tests and assignments, but in college, the majority of your grade is dependent on the few tests you take. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to study hard for each and every test. Reading over the materials does not prepare you as much as you should be. Over-studying is always better than understudying; over-studying also prepares you better for future exams. In High School failing a test or two does not ruin your grade but in college tests are worth so much more. My advice to you is this: study hard for every test in every class even if you are given cheat sheets and note-cards; underestimate the class or overestimate yourself and I guarantee you that you will live to regret it.

I brag most about the small class sizes: most courses have approximately twenty to twenty-five students enrolled. Students of all types of learning styles and personalities benefit from the small size. I am a rather shy student and I do not enjoy standing out in big crowds, so the classroom setting Sacramento City College provided made it easier for me to ask questions, get all the necessary information, and have close relationships with my classmates and my professors.

Professors who present lectures unclearly frustrate me the most. I have had several professors who do not stay on topic and also those who only discuss theory during their lectures when practical examples are desperately needed. When learning of the physical sciences, we do need to understand the theory, but as new students who have had very little exposure to the topic, we need practical examples to help us understand that theory and how to apply it to the world around us.

Mary

I actually went to another community college first and was so lost. The counselors and financial aid staff were unhelpful and I felt so lost. When I went to so Sac City it was so nice. The counselors told me what classes to take and the financial aid staff helped me to get the grants and financial aid that I needed.

I would tell myself that although, yes, it was time to have some fun, but not to lose sight of what I wanted, including an education. I lost sight of what I wanted after highschool and it was not until I had my son that I realized I had the same goals that I used to have as a high-schooler and my son gave me the motivation I needed to realize my goals. I became the first person to obtain their BA in my family and I am so proud of the example that I have led for my son.

I first graduated from Sac City with my associates degree in child development with the support of the teachers I went on to get my BA from Sac State. The teachers at Sac City are really supportive and want you to succeed. That is why I am going back for my AA in English. I know that I will succeed at Sac City.

My classemates are dedicated students with excellent work ethics, and they have all have the desire to work in the medical field.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time when I was applying to colleges, I would have looked at colleges that were more local, and I would have applied for more scholarships. My freshman year, I attended UC Davis, and I didn't receive any finacial aid. Because the school was out of state, I paid a ridiculous amount for my education, and as a result, I was unable to go back to UC Davis this year. At first I was disappointed that I had to attend a community college, but I am saving thousands of dollars, and I am taking all the same classes that I would have at a four year college, but I am saving a copious amount of money. The best piece of advice I would have given myself if I could go back in time would be to go to a community college in order to save money, and to work as much as possible to save up in order to attend a four year university the last two years. It doesn't matter where I complete my lower division courses, the only thing that matters is that my degree says UC Davis.

I wish I would have known to register for classes earlier because the biology classes fill up really quickly.

Kevin

Never give up or doubt yourself for a second, it'll all be worth it in the end.

Never give up or doubt yourself for a second, it'll all be worth it in the end.

I wish I had known what a great effort every teacher would put in so I wouldn't have been so suprised!

The thing I consider to be the worst about my school are the parking patrols!

Kryst

Have something planned for life after high school.

Have something planned for life after high school.

The best thing i like about city college is that it's alot cheaper. Especially with today's economy, I prefer to start off my first two years at a city college especially since I am still an undecided major.

Motivation. It's what everyone needs and not many people here have it. I try to stay motivated but It just doesnt seem to work for me.

The resources are great. Last semester I was able to get all my books for free because of different programs, but the staff makes sure that these resources are widely known about.

I let personal issues get in the way of me completing my classes. You could say I took two years off and then decided to start college. I would make sure to tell myself I deserve a higher education and not to let family or myself to take that away from me. Focus on your education and there will be plenty of time for relationships later. We often get involved in situations before we are ready. Right now I'm at the point where I should be transferring, but instead I'm barely getting started. Don't take time for granted or you'll be 20 and feel like you have nothing to show for it.

My campus is so diverse, I meet different kinds of people every day. It is never boring.

Sacramento City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.