Sacramento City College

« See more reviews of Sacramento City College

I wish I had done more research and planning before attending SCC. Start planning as soon as possible, and sign up for classes online as soon as eservices (the SCC student services website) lets you. If you don't get into the classes you want, consider taking a class this semester so you can get priority enrollment next semester. Check out ratemyprofessors.com, talk to a counselor and professors about your plans, and study for your assessment tests. If you want to meet people, join a club or organization that interests you.

I wish that I had come to realize how hard life really is. This past year has been a complete challenge. I now understand the only way to get ahead in life is to complete my degree so that I may have a promising and rewarding career. I want to be able to give my family everything they deserve. I want to be able to help them when they need it the most. Since I started SCC I feel like all my goals are starting to become a reality and I'm just pushing forward day by day.

I with that i had known to get my financial services ready and that this school is really small. All their class departments are near and close each other with just footsteps across. Also, Sacramento City College is home to many students from close and far high school graduates. I thought that it would be a hard college, but really, its almost as if it was like High School. This school doesn't have all the great programs, but it's a start for beginners.

I wish I would have known that registering for classes at community college were difficult because there are so many people attending community college that it is hard to be guaranteed a spot in a class when one is on the wait list. Also, I would've wish I knew that the nursing programs in community college are lottery based and are very difficult to get into. I did not know that there was a 2-4 year wait to enter the nursing program.

to be honest i wish i would of went straight into college right after high school. The transition of high school to college AFTER a while break is not so good, because some tend to lose all memory of the G.E you learned in high school. and i felt as if i was just going to go to college and it was going to be all good. but i guess it doesnt work out that way. but despite that i still love college

I wish I knew how easy the classes were and how unmotivated the students are. It can be very frustrating when the classes are not challenging and the instructors teach the class like it's a middle school class.

I wish I would have known to register for classes earlier because the biology classes fill up really quickly.

I wish I had known what a great effort every teacher would put in so I wouldn't have been so suprised!

Knowing where my classes were and come earlier for parking

my choices.