Sacramento City College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Sacramento City College

Mariah

It was a nice experience

Raquel

Students and staff members are kind and helpful. Professors help you any way they can during office hours because they care and want you to succeed. The academics are challenge students for the better. The food is nothing to complain about, in fact I like it more than some restaurants. I never see trash laying around for too long because everyone picks up trash they see. The squirrels are very amusing and friendly as well. Some even come up to people. We have many successful athletic programs that go far. I love this school and I feel I made the right choice coming here.

Brandon

Sacramento, The City of Trees. If you're looking for a nice comfortable community college, then Sacramento City College is the place to be. As a current student I can say saftey and comfort are a main goal of SCC as well as education and active participation in current political events. Even though there is no on campus housing, SCC is like a home too many. No matter what day of the week, except Sunday of course, you'll find someone there. Whether if it's too study for that upcoming test in the Library, or to get in that good workout on the track at the beautiful and well maintained Hughes Stadium, SCC is always open. SCC does well to make sure that diversity in all aspects is allowed to be represented proudly on the campus. Wherever you go on campus you'll be able to find uniqueness and culture, whether it be an up and coming saxophonist playing music out in the quad, to intriguing pieces of student art displayed around campus or even Native American or Latino traditional dress and dance, the diversity is endless. Also if you're a sports fan or an athlete then SCC Panthers is where you want to be. SCC has an array of athletics in including Soccer, Vollyball, Football, Basketball, Swimming, Track and Field...just to name a few. There is always a game or an event to watch to show your Panther pride and being a Track runner I can say we have the best track in Sacramento, just to throw that in there. Of course what's school without education? SCC offers a wide range of courses with the goal in mind to prepare students for the 4 year University of their dreams. The teachers and staff are very hands on, and with small classroom sizes it is very easy to get 1 on 1 time with your professor. There are tutoring centers open Monday-Saturday for extra help in almost every subject and an on campus library with a computer lab for those who need them. SCC is always offering financial support for students in need all you have to do is ask and someone will point you in the right direction, whether it be paying for books or classes SCC will do it's best to make education available for everyone. Sacramento City College is where you want to be if you're looking to advance your education, make life long friends in comfortable and well rounded environment, full of spirit. GO PANTHERS!

Liliya

This campus is a mini University. Makes me feel like a grown adult and I love how the campus looks with all the nature and many students everywhere doing homework and studying. Great atmosphere and many helpful people on campus. The best place is the library where everyone comes to study alone or with groups; you never know who you will meet there.

Elias

Sacramento City College is a college that is used as a transfer platform for many students living in the Sacramento area. They offer a broad set of classes to fulfill prerequisites and complete transfer requirements for CSU and UC campuses.

I didn't think college was in the cards for me, but SCC has put me on a path that makes me motivated and excited for me future. I now have goals and the belief that I can achieve them, and I will always consider Sacramento City College the foundation of that.

James

If Sac City has a pharm tech program like CRC it would be a way better school. Nursing is hard to get in. Other than that this school is pretty good. Most of my family member wemt here and transferred to other schools. My dream major is pharmacy which they don't have here but bio is in the same area.

Angela

Sacramento City College has a great community as well as education. The education is superb and the professors are very engaged. Courses here are insightful and rumor has it that Sacramento City College has a better Chemistry program compared to UC Davis that UC Davis had to step it up.

Its always intimidating going from high school to college but Sac City really makes it an easy process and the staff are always helpful. I loved all the classes I took and never had any problems

Kristina

In my opinion, Sacramento City College is the best community college campus you will be able to find. Even through conversations with my peers, I learn that other Sacramento community colleges do not add up to Sacramento City College. The campus, the people, the area, the good vibes, the friendliness, they all mix together in a pot to create a fantastic experience for students of all ages.

Kimberly

The school is quite decent for a city college. Classes are decently sized and classmates are diverse. Majority of the teachers I have had were all very passionate about their subject and were more than willing to help with any troubles. Students are generally pretty nice alongside the different departments like the counselors and student services.

Joao Gabriel

I like a lot to study at Sacramento City College, there is so much to learn and to do in-campus, a lot of activities, sports, music, theatre and cinema courses. Counselors for every academic situation available if you schedule to see them. After I am planning to attend a 4-year institution and finish my bachelor`s degree.

Kylie

Sacramento City College is probably the best or one of the best community colleges in the Sacramento area. Students have the opportunity to excel academically (via the Honors Program, Sac City's plethora of tutoring services, etc.) and there are many extracurricular options. That said, there are areas for improvement: cafeteria food options are limited and unhealthy, mental health services are lacking, faculty diversity is pretty much nil, and the counselors are hit-and-miss.

Ronica

I really enjoy attending SCC. I love the open campus and how accessible every part of the campus is. The professors, and the staff are super helpful and are always trying to help you reach your goals. The classes are sometimes hard but super enjoyable and you always find yourself learning something by the end of the semester that you wont forget. All in all I believe that Sacramento City is a great school.

Samira

Sacramento City College is okay. The best part about it is the affordability and accessibility. There is no denying that it is an amazing resources for anyone who wants to learn or gain some credits. As far as the school itself, it is average. The facilities are nice but not outstanding, and the service from the office is very difficult at times.

Craig

I think its definitely a students dream to come here because it has everything a student needs to excel. It is a friendly environment where students can learn together and make their own future successful. The professors here are nice and makes everything easy to learn and adapt to.

Kelly

I have really enjoyed attending Sacramento City College. I have had passionate caring instructors and have recieved all of the support I have needed along the way. I was nervous to start as I am returning after some years but found the school to be very diverse and accepting. Overall I have had a great experience and would reccomend Sacramento City College to anyone wanting a professional fair and supportive experience.

Mai Cheng

Sacramento City College is the first college I ever been to. This college is not only a place to learn but a place to find comfort in. I, personally enjoy at a school that feels like a family and this campus proves it. I see that students, professors, and staffs on campus builds friendships that last a long time to forever. There are always amazing professors who are willing to get out of their way to help those students in need. Even students on at this school are willing to help anyone in need. In addition, there are so many opportunities at this school. This campus has varieties of clubs and classes to take. Lastly, is the safety. I go to night school and I like how when class is out, there’s securities and cops outside. It makes me feel safe to know I'm going to be able to walk peacefully to my car at night. Overall Sacramento City College a community and shown itself to be a family.

Ayanna

Sacramento City College is very laidback and quiet. There's honestly not much ever happening, at least as far as I know. There are quite a handful of people on campus trying to get students to vote or sign up to help certain groups of other people. However, no matter the time or day, the campus is peaceful; save for the laughter or conversations within the cafeteria. Some of professors I've had or currently have are great! Others, not so much in range of "Great."

Shakheel

While it may be a community college, Sacramento City College does provide their students with whatever tools they need for their education. The counselors are usually pretty helpful and the teachers are generally pretty good. The campus itself is great, not too big but just enough to feel free. Great library and friendly library staff. The food is average but does have its perks. The students keep to their groups. In the event of a certain group wanting your opinion on a certain matter or for you to join their group, they're not too pushy and remain polite. There's a fantastic mix of races and ethnicities so you don't feel left out. The public transport to and from the school is decent. However, the nearest restaurants are about 10 minute walk from either direction but its well worth it since there are a variety of restaurants all along Freeport Rd.

Kristina

Of all four of the Los Rios Community College schools, Sacramento City College has always been and remains to be the best. I have heard from classmates how they like Sac City so much more than CRC, ARC, or even FLC, and after visiting the other schools, I finally saw what they meant. Sac City is the best you can get; the activities that go on, the scenery and environment, the involvement of the students, the academic life, and the overall feeling of family highly outdoes the other schools in the blink of an eye. Sac City will always be my home no matter where I transfer to.

Caitlyn

It's a great and beautiful campus with helpful programs and services. The teachers are accessible and there is a variety of college for a plethora of majors. Sacramento City college has a fantastic library, tutoring services, career center, child and financial support. They need to work on counselor availability and the financial aid office, but otherwise the college runs smoothly. I love the diversity and advocating for rights and healthy living. I would recommend starting your college experience here and all the staff want you to be successful.

Alexis

I think that Sac City is a wonderful college for being nearby and to further your education. It is open, small, and easy to get around. There is even a library on campus that is useful for many things. You can rent books for class, borrow materials for research, study, and on the first floor you can get help with tutoring in small groups.

Miranda

Sacramento City College is an amazing community college with a diverse community and a wide variety of programs, certificates and majors. There is so much support available at this school, from counselors to computer labs to tutors. The Maker Space, which was added in this past year is an excellent addition, which allows students to come together to execute ambitious projects. I am biased towards the Graphic Communication (GCOM) section of the school, which has talented, knowledgeable, and friendly staff.

Victoria

The school is good for students who are wanting a slow transition into the college lifestyle and to find career that they are passionate about. Personally, I could only stay at the school for two years because I believe it only preps you so far and then you must go out and find new ways to expand that knowledge.

NiYondashay

The school is overall okay, but there needs to be a more boundary set and more students who are ready to learn. Also, the school needs a major cosmetic job. There is not enough good professors and lacking extracurricular classes. Not enough good places to eat. Overall feels like another highschool.

Noman

It’s a pretty nice and open campus very welcoming and legit felt right at home when I came to visit. The people were very easy going and easy to talk to, they helped me around the campus and provided good and clear directions to where to go. I would highly recommend people who want to go to a community college that SCC is the best place to start.

Amani

I enjoy my time spent at Sac City college and would recommend this school to others for the great professors who are very helpful and want you to succeed, the cheaper cost than going to a four year university, figuring out what your interest are, and adjusting to college life. However, the greek life is not a thing on campus since it is a community college and on campus housing is not an option.

Monica

Sacramento City College is an overall good campus to attend to before transferring to a UC/CSU because of the extra money students are saving. As a result, science classes are always extremely full and even as a priority student you will get placed on hold for a particular class. The waiting list can sometimes be insane and will have to try hard in getting into couple courses. Professors are amazing, though some are very strict on how many times the student can be late to class or in attendance overall. If the student misses more than three times, then the professor will automatically drop you, versus other professors will actually ask to the student of why they are having too many absences. Overall, this is a good temporary campus.

Ryan

This is my first college since separating from active military service and no matter what it will have a special place in my heart. I'm sure there are better colleges out there but I thoroughly enjoy this one and everything it has to offer. I've met many wonderful friends and instructors who have helped me.

Emma

Sac City College is a pretty relaxed school. The professors are generally there to teach you and want you to get a good grade. Most professors are understanding. The environment is welcoming and there are lots of good hang out spots both on and off campus.

Camron

Nice clean campus very inviting by staff very safe feeling a nice school to visit or to send your child through to maintain a good education the athletic program and the coaches on staff seem like they're building a team of men prepared academically to succeed and the counseling department were extremely helpful as well as the actual students seem to enjoy the campus, very helpful with directions and answering questions I really enjoyed my visit to Sacramento City College, I give it a thumbs up in my opinion.

Mari

Very friendly and encouraging environment.

Maritza

I really think it’s a great college to start your career at and the profesores counselors students etc. Are very helpful! I believe it’s a place where you can get involved in many things , learn new things , meet new people and graduating from their after becoming a even smarter person .

Macie

It is a very well rounded school with great resources for it's students

Parie

What Sac City lacks it makes up for in culture and spirit. It is one of the most diverse campuses in America and just being a student of SCC has opened my mind exponentially. Every day I work and interact with African Americans, Hispanics, Muslims, Sikhs, Asians, Indians, Native Americans, the queer community, the disabled community, single mothers working towards a degree, older men reconnecting with their creative side, high school students, and professors who come from all walks of life. For me, being close with people who are different than me has always been a part of my life, but for some, just being on this campus could be educational and transformative.

Jose

The college overall is a step in the right direction to better pursue a career. It’s a little difficult to know about some of the programs out there due to there not being a clear guide or people to promote them. At times you feel lost because of there not being aids to guide you with a plan to success.

aylin

Sacramento City College is a place where you can feel welcome and the staff is very friendly. The campus itself is beautiful and it makes you feel like you're actually in a university just like the movies. Sac city has many different types of programs for anyone and even if there isn't something that fits you, you can create a program yourself. I like sac city and i will recommend it to anyone who is looking into college.

Kylie

Sacramento City College is a great community college and there are many opportunities given towards you. I've taken classes during the summer and fall and the professors are amazing. The environment you're in and the people you're surrounded by, there's no reason to feel as people are judging you when everyone's focused on their own thing. If you're wondering about what's around the campus, there are many places you could visit during breaks or after your classes. Fast food, boba shops, pet shops, etc. It's honestly a good campus and should be considered for.

Breanna

Sacramento City College is a great community college for students coming from highschool who may not think they are fully prepared to go off to the big universities. Sac City has a way of transitioning students comfortably and efficiently in such a way that students dont feel discouraged when starting this big step in their careers.