Sacred Heart University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Sacred Heart University

It is a good school with a lot of activities that they plan for the students to do. They also have a lot that students can get involved in on campus, such as clubs, Greek life, and sports, so every student is able to find something to get involved in. However, the food is not very good, but that is what is the case at most schools. The dorms are also very small, and there are many forced triples freshman year due to over accepting students and not having enough rooming for them.

Maria

Sacred Heart University is one of the best colleges. It has everything and if you need help there is someone you can go and ask no matter if its something academic or economic. They try there best to help you out and is a great school in overall. I love SHU.

Sacred Heart is a place where you definitely feel like family from your first week. It is so easy to get involved in clubs and activities so making friends with similar interests is pretty simple. Also, as a nursing major, I could not have asked for better preparation than this school has given me. So happy I chose SHU!

Kendall

At first, I was not excited to go away to college and attend SHU, but after my freshman year and finding a great group of friends, I couldn't imagine not attending SHU and not being involved on campus.

Erica

Sacred Heart University is a welcoming environment with many opportunities for academic excellence, to get involved, and support a variety of organizations. There are plenty of clubs and groups on campus ranging from Greek Life and sports teams to academic, recreational, and volunteer organizations. There really is something for everyone to partake in. The food on campus is okay, very repetitive. I would say that in comparison to other colleges it is on the better end. Professors here know you name and really do want you to succeed. The University is usually hosting events or sports games to go see and take a break from studying. Overall, the campus environment and people are all very sweet and contribute to making SHU a home for the 4 years you are here.

Lauryn

It's an overall somewhat good school. They lack diversity and overall student inclusiveness. And some of the professors could really use some work on how to teach students. They just need to get their priorities in order and let students have more freedom when it comes to academics.

Theresa

Sacred Heart University captures my heart in so many different ways, and I am beyond excited to begin my sophomore year. It is on Sacred Heart's campus that life-long friendships have been cultivated- friendships that contribute to my overall growth as an individual. I have had the opportunity to divulge in a variety of activities, in and out of the academic realm. Some of these include the annual Spring Festival and Spring Concert (this year, DJ Snake, known for the notorious "Let Me Love You" featuring Justin Bieber, performed), Christmas tree lightings, shuttle trips to and from the Trumbull Westfield Mall, and special weekend trips to the aquarium in Norwalk. At Sacred Heart, I have learned that my voice matters. Residential Hall Directors in addition to Residential Success Assistants (RSAs) yearn to hear the voices of those they serve. This was proven to me when I was invited to speak about a few points I had made in a quarterly survey regarding my transition into college-life. The maintenance team is also phenomenal, for they clean early in the morning all throughout the night, and I hold a plethora of respect for them as they pick up after hundreds of messy young adults. There are many clubs to join at Sacred Heart, and members of Student Life are dedicated to helping an aspiring club developer bring their ideas and objectives to life. Among all of the positive festivities that occur on campus, there are moments where sadness strikes. Nonetheless, it is in those moments where the Sacred Heart community shines brightest. This past year, a junior at our school passed away following an eating contest hosted by Greek Life. I witnessed Sacred Heart students utilize that tragedy to create something utterly beautiful: what was once a competition became a week-long event used to have fun and honor Caitlin Nelson. President Doctor Petillo dropped all he was doing and even prepared meals for the students. He demonstrates pure and compassionate leadership, holding firm to true motives as he works each day to serve others. Sacred Heart faculty is dedicated to extending aid to students, whether it be with finances or tutoring, and counseling serves are superb. And Public Safety, whether it be a, "I locked myself out of my room" situation or a dangerous incident labelled "High Priority", puts one hundred and fifteen percent of their effort into protecting students. I am so grateful for their friendly yet protective demeanor. All in all, Sacred Heart University works tirelessly to catapult students into a direction of success. It is for these reasons that I am both humbled and proud to be a Sacred Heart Pioneer. I have acquired an abundance of life-skills and academic knowledge, and I contend to utilize them to the best of my ability as I venture out to spread light to a dark world, all while grasping firmly to a Pioneering Spirit!

Renee

I enjoy it very much. I am part of a sorority which has enabled me to meet new friends. I am generally quite shy and this is a great outlet for me. The campus is small but growing. SHU is making lots of new investments in new dorms and acedemic buildings. I just wish there was more scholarship opportunities. The students are friendly and there are a lot of sports and events the school puts together.

Gabriella

Seems like an awesome school

Christpher

Very happy at Sacred Heart. There is always a lot going on. There are many shows. Have gone to many sporting events. The campus is very safe. Have made many friends. Professors are usually available to help whenever you need it. Dorms are close by. New facilities are added every year.

Gabriel

I really liked the way that the Sacred Heart University teaches us to be a great profissional in our area, but I think they need to improve the interaction between the students and also improve its relationship with the international students, because the university give no attention to that type of student, and the international student need its atention because their families are so far away, so they miss this presence on their lifes, so i think the school should give more attention to this type of student, because they dont know anyone here and until get into the community here, they need the attention of the school to enter in the place of that.

Christina

Worse college experience ever. They claim they guarantee housing for all 4 years but that’s a lie. They put freshman in a hotel that is 15 mins away from campus. I was one of them. It emotionally drained me which affected my grades and forced me to have to drop out of the nursing program and the school. Now I wasted my money and have no credits from classes. They are liars!! All they want is money!

Victoria

it’s a beautiful university and the people there are very friendly. the education we receive is amazing. the only problem is the food and amours housing. some building are old and there aren’t many options for food and the options that there are it’s not very good

Christine

I am an online masters nursing student and couldn’t be more disappointed in the lack of communication this school has with me considering all the money I pay them. It’s a regret I am there for certain. Save your money, go elsewhere. I have been in education for years, and this is quite possible the worst experience I’ve had.

Meghan

My overall opinion of Sacred Heart University is that it's a home away from home. When first touring SHU I was extremely nervous that it was going to be a University full of higher end kids from the Fairfield area. However, I was extremely mistaken right away as there is a huge variety of kids at this school. Everyone is friendly and has great manners someone will always hold the door open for you and you'll always see a recognizable face in the halls. This is one of the many comforting factors I love about the school. Some may feel that they won't fit in at this school, but there's plenty of groups to get involved in that welcome you with open arms. When it comes to class they are the perfect size especially for discussions and professors being personable. SHU also offers a variety of of centers to help with school work and you can always find students in the library willing to help one another. If I had to go back and choose colleges over again I wouldn't change my decision by choosing Sacred Heart University.

Meghan

Joseph

The campus is amazing. The staff and students are very friendly. The on-campus housing is great. Food and dining options are diverse and amazing. It has many beautiful sites, and viewpoints. It has an overall friendly atmosphere. I am in love with this school.

I visited lots of colleges when I visited Sacred Heart Southmore year, I knew Sacred Heart was the college I would attend. .After the visit I went on to visit many other colleges. Senior year I went to visit the campus of Sacred Heart two more times I fell in love with the campus over again there was something about Sacred Heart that I knew it was a fit for me and after the opening of the nursing building it sealed the deal so I applied and heard back that I was admitted. I was over the moon. Can’t wait to start my new journey for the next four years at Sacred Heart University .

Irene

Sacred Heart University is an amazing school, good size. Awesome teachers, great food and friends for life! I enjoy going to this school, very different from many of the other schools near by.

Shindler

This was my first choice school and I enjoy it. We are growing every year and this is good for students coming in from all over and also for the community. Over the years that I have been at SHU I have learned a lot about life and how to deal with many situations on and off campus and I've always have had encouraging teachers, advisors, and friends right beside me.

Nicholas

Shu is a very welcoming and loving college! I love being at this school especially this year (my sophomore year) because I live in the newest dorm, I already knew what to expect coming to school this year, I am playing soccer, I have a great group of friends that I do everything with! Overall Sacred Heart is a very good school and I would recommend it to everyone! Plus we are getting a diner on campus this year called JP’s

joe

This is the WORST college. There is nothing to do on campus. The faculty is horrible and don't know what is going on half the time. The food is horrible and makes you sick. My house got robbed ever since I moved off campus. I wouldn't go back to this school even if they offered me free tuition. All the students are stuck up and feel like they're better than everyone. There is a lot of drinking that goes on throughout the year and also there is a lot of drugs all over campus. It is easier to buy drugs at this school than it is to get in touch with the faculty. The classes are a joke and I haven't learned a single thing other than how to waste time at this horrible establishment they claim to call a university.

Alicia

It is an amazing school! The atmosphere is great! The school is big on community service! Sacred Heart has great arts programs and sports! The food is great! They have a brand new diner on campus everyone loves. The class sizes are small! Overall, you can see if you think the SHU fits for you then come to SHU!

Ronald

I am a nontraditional 52 year old student at the Griswold satellite campus. I should mention that I have not had a college class in over 30 years. I have been very happy with the Educational Leadership program that Sacred Heart University offers. I found the program to be very rigorous and supportive of students like myself. I would definitely recommend this program to others seeking to expand their knowledge base and their career potential.

John

I love SHU, I went to another college for a short time and I was so unhappy. I started at SHU and I have never been so lucky I tell everyone I won the Lottery for my roommate. and My classes and professors are awesome. My family lives near school, but I literally never go home because I am so happy and content at my new home on campus at SHU I am excited about my major as I like to explore the human mind and enjoy learning more about it.

Evangelia

Before going to Sacred Heart, I knew that because of the rigorous program that I am in I would have to work hard to get the grades I want. Classes are hard, but if you came into college as a nursing major thinking it would be easy... you are so wrong. However, I was extremely lucky to have amazing professors my freshman year who would always be available via email or even text to answer my questions. Not only do teachers help you succeed, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to find people in your major to be friends with. They will understand your struggle and you both will push each other! Girls don't really need to join a sorority unless you want more friends and pay as much as $1000 per year, but guys should join a frat.

Matthew

Since I have been a student a sacred heart univiersry the school has done nothing but impress me, I have been here for two years and they have added a new business building, new health science building, two new dorm buildings , a diner and are in the process to building a new gym. The classes are small which means the professors know each student they are teaching and they are very approachable with any questions.

Nina

Going to Sacred Heart University was the best decision I have ever made. The professors are out of this world, and strive to make sure each and every one of their students understands the course material. Professors always offer to extend office hours and review sessions, which shows their level of dedication in and out of the classroom. The students are nothing short of unique. Every student is involved in some way on campus, whether it be a Division I sport, Greek Life, or in community service. Involvement on this campus is huge and I think it is what makes Sacred Heart so much more incredible than other universities. Lastly, Sacred Heart University's career office is state of the art. Advisers do their very best to help students form resumes, find internships, and submit perfect job applications. Sacred Heart University truly sets each and every student up for success, and will always be known as the place that changed my life tremendously.

Dominika

It's a small school, but with a big heart! Being involved in clubs or sports teams plays a big role in our social lives here. Even being there as a work study, my co-workers are my best friends, even though there a bit older than me! Although I'm only a rising sophomore, I have made so many friends who share common interests with me, and I can confidently say that within the two semesters we've known each other, we got each other's backs. Looking into the classrooms, the professors are really passionate about their courses, and inspire us everyday to do better. I know that from my anatomy professor, a retired physician assistant, who would tell us crazy case stories about patients she had to deal with and related it back to the topic we were studying at hand. The laboratories were my personal favorite because we managed to gain hands on experience through numerous of dissections (sheep's brain and kidney, rats, Pig's heart, more rats) and microscopes. Overall, I think Sacred Heart is a great school for those who are seeking to be part of a wonderful community in a small town. This school is for students who want to be noticed by their professors in smaller class size lectures, and take advantage of their numerous internship programs to overall pursue their future careers.

Natasha

It's a great school, the overall appearance of the school is a modern clean architectural style. It is constantly growing with new buildings added each year, while still staying true to the small private school feel. Its Catholic community has a welcoming presence while also not too overwhelming so that students of all backgrounds can enjoy and embrace all the university has to offer. It is a school with tremendous opportunity for all regardless of major, all professors are dedicated and reliable in teaching students, the necessities to succeed.

Veneticia

I believe Sacred Heart is a good school but it could use some improvements. They should try to improve the meal plan offered to commuters and offer healthier options on the menu. Also, the kids here are generally friendly and the faculty is good. The price seems a bit exorbitant so students should look into cheaper options first.

Madeline

Sacred Heart University is the definition of 'home away from home'. I have wandered campus at all hours of the day and night and have always felt more than safe. The teachers are exceptional. I haven't had a teacher that isn't willing to help me beyond the classroom. Everyone on campus is welcoming and there are endless opportunities to involve yourself with the community.

Maria

I will be starting college at Sacred Heart University this fall. I have visited the school several times and even stayed over one weekend. Each time I was thoroughly impressed with how clean and safe the campus is. I got the opportunity to speak to professors about my program and they were very friendly and informative.

Emaly

When I first visited Sacred Heart's campus I was blown away. My first visit was for my band audition and I was lost and people helped me right away and they weren't rude about it. They walked me to my audition room and wished me luck and told me they couldn't wait to see me next year. At my audition I met the assistant band director who was very kind and welcoming and made me fell comfortable to play for him. I also met my professor for my major and he was also very kind and welcoming. He answered all my questions about the program and he said his email was always open for questions. Everyone who has talked to me and helped me were some of the nicest people I've ever met and I cannot wait to meet more people when I attend it the fall.

Christopher

My time at Sacred Heart was amazing. Looking back, I was involved in everything from the arts, to athletics. Every night, I do remember coming back to my apartment or dorm, and having conversations with my roomates about life, love, and sometimes school. I even met my fiance at SHU, and we are getting married there soon. I highly recommend checking out Sacred Heart University.

Alexis

It is a inviting, fun and friendly campus. It is small enough that you see a lot of the same friendly faces. There are always events for students and lots of opportunities to get involved. Sacred Heart is a very clean and well kept campus and all of the facilities are fairly new and modern, making the transition as a freshman a little bit easier. Overall, I would recommend this campus to anyone that is interested.

Gianna

Sacred Heart University has opened me up to a world of opportunities.

W

Way too overhyped. Most of the staff are rude here, especially the cooks and pub safety. Professors are really hit or miss, they’ll either be the best and help or they’ll just be petty and yell at you for asking questions. Safety has been really questionable here lately. Public safety cares more about ticketing cars and busting kids with alcohol, pretty much glorified mall cops whole will flex their authority on you at any chance. Also if you’re a female there’s a high chance you get sexually harassed by a pub safety guard. Food is alright, dinning halls are packed because they accept way too many people for what they have which also makes housing a pain. Res life is a joke and run by idiots and hire idiot RA’s typically who will flex their authority. Parties are alright, typically some on the weekend but unless you’re in a club, sport or a female you prob aren’t getting in. Plus the school goes out of the way to get the cops to stop the parties. And the worst of all is there is never ever any parking, the school knows this but does nothing so they can get their parking ticket money. A lot to be desired but I guess it could be worse.

even the Sacred Heart University has a hefty price tag. This school is worth every penny because the education you are receiving which allows you to network and Fairfield county and get internships by working for them. The school campus is a great place to be in every season.

Mariah

Overall, SHU has been great to me! There are many academic choices via different college campuses. The professors are always there to engage with students. They listen and actually care about our opinions. And they’re expanding the campus for more great resources and dorms!