Mission Viejo, CA
Saddleback College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saddleback College

jessica
Saddleback review

Saddleback review

It's a good school. It's small but it's a community college and commuter school so it's a given. But overall it's an amazing school for the area

michael

The classmates are averge orange county community college students and ranging from age 18 to middle age people.

The advice I would give myself is that to make sure to review information that will be on the Matriculation or placement test. Also, to sign up for Disabled Students Programs and Services before the placement test so you could have more time on it. As a result, i didn't have enough time to finish the test, so i had to do lots of prerequisite classes. Therefore, it is taking me one more year to transfer and get my AA degree in Environmental studies. However, i did it I am transfering to Cal State Monterey Bay in the fall of 2015 and I got my AA degree with a 4.0 GPA and summa cum laude. I will also, tell myself that college will be way better then high school and you will not get bullied anymore because of you disabilities. If you go to class everyday and study hard you will be very happy with you results. I will tell myself to stay focus and not get lazy about going to class. If you go to class you will be very successful in college.

The worst thing about saddleback is the parking situation and the abilty to get the classes you want. The parking situation is really bad because most of all the students drive to school. This is because they are no on campus housing because it is a community college. To get parking at the school you need to arrive around two hours before class. They are so many students at saddleback that the classes fill up so fast and if you do not have priority registration you will most likely not get the classes you want. However, I have priority registration.

Brittanie

If I were to be given the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to enjoy my last few months of high school. This would have been important for me to do because now that I am in college I dont communicate with anyone from high school. This is not because I dont see them, because many of the students from my high school are attending this community college. When you are in high school you think those are the years you will rememeber and those are the people you will know for the rest of your life. I'm learning that this is only partially true. Yes, I will remember my high school experience because it helped me gain the skills necessary to be succesful in college. But the people I went to high school with will not follow. Now that I am in college I have met people that share commen interests with me and I am closer with these people than I was with anyone in high school. Overall, I would have told myself to relax and to know that the future will be fine.

The best thing about my school would be the Learning Resource Center. Within the Learning Resource Center there is a tutoring center that all students have access to. The Tutoring Center is free to all students,the only requirement is that you add the ticket number to your class schedule. I have found the Tutoring Center to be extremely helpful in explaining math confusing math concepts. In addition, the tutors will proofread my assignments for my English classes and tell me what I need to fix. It is because of the tutoring Center that I am succesful in my classes.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be the confusion in setting up an Academic Plan for transfer. A student must complete an Academic Plan (MAP) before registering for their 16th unit.I have created a MAP for transfer and gone to counseling to have it approved, and after reviewing my Map they tell me it is complete. When I go to the transfer center seeking advice on what classes I should be taking in order to transfer they tell me that several of the classes I was planning on taking do not transfer.

jessica

Half of the students will go on to succeed and become very good at what they do and half will drop out of school in 2 years.

I would tell myself that it may seem hard now, and as cheesy as it may sound, it does get better. Youre life at college will be great, youll learn many new things, meet many new friends, and most importantly youll grow as a better person. The years of high school are behind you now and while you may see old faces that you thought you once knew, you will learn to keep your head high up while you walk by them. You will learn to forgive youself- slowly but surely. Dont be too hard on yourself because everyone makes mistakes at one point in time in their lives and college is just a place to learn from them. Dont give up just yet and keep that heart full of hope, because youre future will get brighter.

A person who doesnt take school seriously and just wants somewhere to go and socialize.

Trent

The uniques about the school I attend to compared to other schools I considered, is the one on one teaching on campus or online with a small class with only a few students present that allows a much higher performance from us all. Also it's the consistency on coming to class and finishing up classwork then homework on time to where basically, no student is left behind.

Knowing what I know about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give to myself is to never start off attending a big university. Unless, I already know what I want to major in because of the fact that there are so many institutions and universities offered but to my perspective thrown at me, I became indecisive. And it's not only with me but I had associates or "peers" who had that experience of undecided majors while attending a 4-year university. Another important advice I would give to myself is to be a little more 'self-reliant' by not relying on my parents all the time when it comes to getting myself set for school with the whole process of talking to my registrar for requesting transcripts and high school diplomas. So to me, it's like another stepping stone from when I first attended school in elementary it was hard for me to say bye to my mom, resulting with me crying to tears and her leaving me for an educational purpose just so I can have a brighter future in life.

The ones who aren't serious with academics as well as attendence when it comes to short term and long term goals with being a student at a institution and/or university, that's the kind of person who shouldn't attend school. Also who's for whatever reason willing to "delay others" or hold people back with becoming a student and them finding their careers that they want to major in.

cecily

I would tell myself to take high school more seriously. I did not consider the knowdledge available as significant because I was only going to a community college and not a university; however, I wish I had paid more attention. Everything I am learning in my classes now relies on the foundations I was taught in high school. Because I failed to pay attention fully in high school, I have had to re-teach myself the basics of the subjects I'm learning and have had to work harder to understand the subjects.

The best thing about my school is the staff. I love my english professor and my math professor. They are kind and have plenty of meaningful things to say.

i wish i had known how packed the parking lots are

Amy

Saddleback is amazing because it offers great programs taught by knowledgeable professors for a cheap price. It prepares you for your career goals or transfering to a 4-year university. Saddleback is in the beautiful town of Mission Viejo, California. The campus is clean and it has amedeites that are useful for the students. Saddleback is open to all students, old and young, white, black, asian, kids with special needs, etc. I love Saddleback College and can't wait to see where it will take me!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, which wasn't too long ago, I would tell myself that Saddleback will help me figure out where I want to go with my future and not to worry as much.

The best thing about Saddleback is the class structure and helpfulness of the professors. I have never learned so much so fast and been confident about it. The professors will go into detail and help you through anything, something I did not expect at a community college.

Sergio

I would tell myself that joining the Army is a great choice to help pay for school however it will not be enough to cover all the costs of school. Have a plan to begin school ASAP after finishing my training and do not waist time lollygagging with friends at parties and BBQ's. I would also tell myself that put school as my number one priority, because as important as helping out the family with the morgage is, I will be able to help much more once I get my nursing degree. Also, never give up, si se puede!

I wish I had known to prioritize my time to school because instead I spent too much of my time working and going out with friends. Because of my missmanagement of time, I earned horrible grades my first three semesters in college. I wish I knew how much I would regret this decision and how much time I would have to spend just trying to fix those bad grades. I also wish I had learned better studying techniques, your study techniques make a world of difference in earning bad or good grades.

The worst thing about my school is the weather. We are located in Orange County, California and the weather here is just perfect 90 percent of the time. Theres so much temptation to spend time outside, surfing, at the pool, having BBQs, going to the park, etc. When instead I should be studying for that upcoming final. I have learned to manage my temptations to not studdy but the temptation never disapears, you just learn to ignore it.

bianca

Don’t stress out so much! College is not life after highschool. Going to community college is the smarter choice; sure you won’t be off to some exotic location in the fall, but you’re going to go far places in life. You’re going to save a lot of money, know you’re major and where you want to go once it’s time to transfer. Not only that, but play it right and you can transfer anywhere you want! Again, don’t let the stress get to you, it’s not worth the break down you will go through next year. I know that “now” seems like it will never change, but it does, and it definitely gets better. Sure you will have to work to put yourself through school, but here’s a secret: it will give you character. Do not be jealous of everyone whose parents pay for it, you will gain something they won’t; a stronger work ethic and this will drive you to succeed. Also it will make the whole experience more enjoyable. So just remember to quit stressing, take it one day at a time, eventually everything will work itself out.

Saddleback College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.