Mission Viejo, CA
Saddleback College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saddleback College

James

High School was a very difficult time for me personally and just as most students probably say, I would like to travel back in time and tell myself to buckle down and study harder throughout high school. After highschool i took almost 5 years off before deciding to go back to school, and now that i look back on everything i couldnt be happier for taking that break. Coming out of High School I wasnt mature enough to move away and balence freedom and School, therefore I would tell myself to study harder during High school, but make sure i am mentally ready to take on the challenge of College, before making a decision

Anyone who is looking for a small school feeling with a large school attitude. Most class sizes are small which gives the student a chance to know everyother student in the class as well as get to know the professors on a personal level.

The thing i most enjoy about Saddleback College is the staff. The Professors in the Environmental Science Department have gone above and beyond trying to help students get where they want in their academic career.

Bridget

I would remind myself that learning is a life long process that is ongoing. There will be many times when you think you have it all figured out, and you may realize you haven't figured any of it out, but that's okay. As long as you remain dedicated to learning somehing new everyday, remain open-minded to new possibilites, and continue to work toward your goals. It is about the pace, not about the race. With hardwork and determination you accomplish what you set out to achieve. Remember to listen to you gut feelings and follow your heart!

You should not attend this school if you do not want to be in school. However, if you have a slight interest in anything then Saddleback is for you. There are numerous areas of study with many an innumerable amount of class options. Day or evening class schedules are available too. The professors are brilliant and inspiring people from all walks of life. As long as you want to be there and willing to learn. Just do your fellow students a favor and don't come if you are going to waste their time and the professors knowledge.

I tell my friends how I am impressed semester after semester with the caliber of teachers/professors we have. The quality of education they have recieived is extraordinary and they represent many different cultures and ethnicites. Their dedication to their jobs is a destiment to the difference they make in the lives of students that are there to better themselves. I never thought I would learn at this level by attending a community college.

Alis

If I could go back in time and tell myself what I know now about the world and college, I would tell my self that Its not ok to not go to College. I would make myself promise to go to college. I would tell myself that college is a good thing and even if I didn't have a mojor, its ok to just get the basics done first and then find a major afterwards. I would let myself know that college isn't hard and id regret not going later if I didn't start as soon as I got out of highschool. Id tell myself that money shouldn't be the reason to not go to college, as there are a lot of people and groups with scholarships and grants to help. Most of all, as much as I thought I was ok, I'd let my self know that inorder to proceed with life and continue to grow with knowledge, I need to go to college to further my education; otherwise im just going to be going in circles.

Some of the office hours are inconvinent.

That the teachers and the counclers are awesome and that they really work on helping you in any way they can.

Erin

If I could go back and talk to myself in my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to work harder. I knew that I was going to a community college and I knew what I wanted to do, but I was not excited about it. I wish I knew that I made a good choice going to Saddleback College because it led me to where I am today. I am a student who will be attending The Art Institute of California - Orange County, in July 2010. I could not be more thrilled and I know that if I knew back then that I would be going to The Art Institute, I would've been more motivated and excited to graduate high school and start a new adventure.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who is unmotivated and lazy. Saddleback College makes it difficult to stay focused because all of the students want to get the classes over with so that they can transfer somewhere they actually want to be. Saddleback is a transfer school and no one wants to stay more than two years if they don't have to, but you have to motivate yourself to do so.

I do not usually brag about my school, but I do love the fact that they provide classes that transfer to most every school. It's very motivational because I am able to save money while I am taking classes that I am interested in and that will benefit me in the future.

I would tell myself to take a deep breath. Everyone was so hyped, panicked, and full of anxiety senior year because they were afraid of what was to come, and I was no exception to the stress that senior brought. I would tell myself that as long as I continued on the path I was on I would attend a community college and transfer to a four year University. This would allow me to succeed in all of my endeavors and ultimatly make me a great person. I knew that I had an older sister to guide me along the way and I would tell myself to follow her advice because she really did know what she was talking about. Lastly, I would tell myself to have more fun in my classes while taking them seriously got me great grades I could still laugh and learn at the same time.

How friendly the professors are and how they truly care about the students.

Natasha

If I could go back to High School and give myself advice! I would tell myself life is nothing like high school so I need to keep myself focused my studies and not worry about what other people tell me to do with my life. When I was in high school my parents wanted me to do go to school to be a registered nurse and I was not completely sure what I wanted to do with my life but I knew it was not to be a nurse. I had a passion for healing people with my hands going to school for Massage Therapy. That was what I wanted to do but my parents said that was not a real job and sent me to college for LPN and a year later I dropped out. I went a certification program for medical assistant and started working. Now I am 25 years old and finally back in school pursing my dream to be a Massage Therapist. Sometimes you have to trust your self and that trust I did not have in high school and if II could that the guideness i would have gave myself.

Gabrielle

"Dreams can become reality." I always used to tell myself this in high school. The sky wasn't the limit, it was just the beginning. But once I got into college, I started to feel like my dreams were unattainable. College life hits you like a brick wall. The reality of it can be so much, that you start to doubt yourself and your abilities. Suddenly, my dream of becoming a magazine writer seemed so far away. I was ready to give up and go into business, a career I knew I'd hate, but would make money doing. But I pushed through my doubt and came to realized that I could do anything, as long as I put my mind to it. The "real world" can seem like a brick wall, but that is only illusion. The "real world" is like an undiscovered jungle and can be traversed and traveled until you form your own path. This pathfinding is the ultimate way of making your dreams come true and that is what I would tell myself if I could go back in time.

If you are not disciplined and are not self-motivated, Saddleback isn't right for you. You must set attainable goals and know how to manage your time to be successful here.

I usually brag about my professors. Many people think tha just because Saddleback is a community college, that the teachers aren't as qualified or quality. But almost every teacher I've had is a great teacher and is more than qualified to be teaching a class. Many have taught at four year universities like Oxford and Columbia University.

Gabrielle

More diverse than one can imagine.

More diverse than one can imagine.

I would tell myself not to stress so much about an undecided future and being left behind as friends go off to universities. At Saddleback College, there are plenty of different classes to learn from, a variety of fields to study from, and many diverse individuals to mentor you and help you decide on a path in life. The close friends that left for schools stretching miles will always be just a phone call away, and with the vast student body at Saddleback, you will quickly make new, irreplaceable friends. Deciding to go to a junior college is a much wiser decision than hastily deciding on a four-year university. It'll give you time to develop at your own pace and naturally come to a decided educational goal. Do what you feel is right and don't dwell on the expectations of others!

Anyone and everyone since the campus is so open and offers a multicultural education. There is a course for everyone and many new people to meet.

Kacey

Saddleback College is very cheap, easily accessible, and a friendly environment.

If I could go back to the days before I started college and tell myself a few things, I would start by giving myself a movtivational speech. College is so much more difficult than high school and I definately did not expect the level of difficulty to be as great as it turned out to be. The amount of study hours, work effort and quailty are so much greater than what I did in high school and I was not prepared for that. I would also help myself try and figure out what career path I would like to take. If I would have decided what I wanted to do with my life and picked a major, then I would have been able to attend a 4-year school right after graduation.

The best thing about Saddleback College is its easy ability to sign up for certain classes that I need to take.

Oliver

A place where a person can move up in their current life, it doesn't matter if your a adult that is coming back to college or a high school student ready to start college.

In high school I always slacked off, never did my work and just pretended like it didn't really matter. If I could go back I would tell myelf to apply my all. I would tell myself to forget about looking like a nerd and staying home on the weekends and just stay home and do my work. Another thing I would tell myself is to get involved in school more, and actually have some school spirt. The biggest thing I would tell myself is to always look into the future, but don't ever forget the past or present.

The kind of person that should attend Saddleback, is someone who is looking for a transition from high school to college. It is a big jump from on to the other and as a current Saddleback student I feel it is a middle ground between college and high school. If you or someone you know is ready for that next step in life Saddleback is a great place to start.

Saddleback College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.