Mission Viejo, CA
Saddleback College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saddleback College

Kimberly

Stay focused on taking the next step no matter how hard, boring, expected or far away it may seem. If you have any negative influences in your life whether it is people, money or situation, don't dwell on it - turn a deaf ear upon it and don?t give up. This is possible by taking a stand and believe in yourself by saying "I CAN do this." Looking back when you?re done there is a picture that is bright and full of experience that will carry you a longer distance down the road. What you ultimately learn in school will open your eyes and make you stronger and more capable of a person and the earlier you can obtain it the better off you are. Most important if you have fun document it that tells a story to generations to come.

A person who does not want an education. Someone who is not goal oriented.

They are not very interested in low income students. They have the funding and programs but the people who run it don't "like" the poor.

Dana

Many of my classmates are smart, witty, and prefer a challenge, they all have set goals and stick to them; my classmates come in a variety.

Take your time and really look into what you really want. Don't rush. What others want, i.e. your parents, or friends, their choices don't matter. It's you, it's your future, and your life. You have to take care of yourself, because no one else will do it for you, no one else will do a better job.

Someone who doesn't know how to manage themselves correctly. If someone can't find time to go to class or find out what they should be doing, saddleback isn't for you.

Lars

Athletics is probably what the school is best known for, along with being one of the best academic community colleges on the west coast. Also it is known to have a large amount of good looking women.

Start preparing yourself for life on your own before you get to college. I felt that adjusting to living on my own was the hardest part about college. But now that i have experienced it for over a year, i love living on my own and handling my own responsibilities.

The kind of person that should attend a school like Saddleback should be ready to get their degree and be willing to get the units done to transfer to a 4-year. The professors are very helpful along with most of the faculty around campus to help meet your needs. It is also a great location so if you like the Southern California lifestyle, this school is great.

Bobbie

The unique aspect about Saddleback Community College compared to the other colleges I have considered is that they offer a nursing program that I am able to do at my own pace. The nursing program will take me through the general requirement all the way through to a BSN enabling me to better my career. The school offers internet and night classes. Also for the single moms out there, the school has a day care site on campus making class a bit easier. I have to personally thank the staff for making my transitions back into school not so painful.

Well considering I was a high school senior almost 20 years ago, I have a ton of advise for me. Life so far has been exciting, trying, difficult and educating. Along this path called life, my advise is that you need to go to coleege and get a degree in something that makes you happy and fulfilled. Aquiring a degree will better you chances for success in the future. You will learn to be self sufficient and not depend on anyone. Knowledge is your best tool for success and no one can take that away from you.

The line for the book store and the astronomical amount you have to pay for books. Parking can be awful at times, but just be prepared for where your classes are and be organized and timely to get a good space.

Amber

My current classmates are alot less friendly and motivated than the ones i was accustomed to in high school.

I would definetly take out loans and attend a four year college because its worth it in the the long run since you fully expierence the college life and the transition into real life and living on your own would be easier down the road. Community College does save alot of money but at the same time its difficult to make new friends since students are just attending class and going home.

Its not very friendly and its hard to make friends since students just simple go to class and leave since its not a live on type campus.

Kim

Saddleback College caters to the educational requirements of students both young and old, providing flexibility of class schedules and a positive attitude from the faculty staff.

At age 17, I didn't give much thought to the idea of pursuing a college education. Living in New Zealand, employment was accessible; college was not the norm . I gained years of work experience, 17 turned to 42, and I immigrated to the United States, later becoming a US citizen, all the while working full-time and pursuing a career without a degree. At age 48, talking to my 17 year-old self, I would describe the challenges of working full-time and attending night classes , balancing work, family and free time. It would be easy to enjoy college at age 17 with all that energy! However, when I eventually earn my Degree at 50+, I'll be proud that I've reached a milestone goal, improving the present me. I could say, "Go to college now! You have all of your life to work." But, in retrospect, if I attended college after high school, I would have missed all of life's journeys and challenges that lied ahead; I wouldn't have had my current work experience. I do not take my future accomplishment of earning a degree for granted. Life has turned out as it should.

Anyone can attend Saddleback College, as long as you have a willingness and determination to further your education in pursuit of an AA Degree, a specialzed certification, or a desire to obtain your Bachelor's Degree, after transferring to a 4-year university, like myself.

Gina

Saddleback is a diverse campus with a hardworking faculty that strives to give their students the best education.

Complete the general education requirements first to help guide you through choosing your academic major. Work towards obtaining that college degree and don't put your education on hold - you may regret it later when you cannot retain information as you did in your younger years. A college education will help your to expand your knowledge, grasp abstract concepts and theories, and give you a better understanding of the world and your community. College graduates have more opportunities to choose from and are usually paid at higher salaries than those that do not pursue a higher education beyond high school. If you need financial aid, there are several sources you can research to obtain scholarships, grants, and student loans. Don't be discouraged by scholarship or loan rejections, just keep applying!

The best thing about the community college is the cost of tuition. In comparison to the university, I have saved thousands of dollars.

sequoyha

If I were able to go back in time, I would tell myself that this is all easier and goes by much quicker than you could imagine. Focus on your classes first and foremost. You may lose out a bit on your social life, but only to a minimal degree. Learn the best way to study, outliune your texts, take dilligent notes, and you will easily get over a 3.5 GPA. Take pride in what you can accomplish, make the most of it, and you will gain skills and knowledge that will benefit you in more ways than you could possibly ever imagine. I have made the transition to college twice, I know what works, and what doesn't. Don't go to class for the social interaction, go to class to learn that subject to the absolute best of your ability. Your social life will still be there, only you will be much better equipped for all of the things that will occur outside of your usual social circle.

Ulysses

Its campus is huge, its affordability has helped my parents considerably, its staff does there work well, and there are many convenient resources that have been very helpful to the students such as myself.

If I could somehow go back in time to be able to give myself advice I would tell him do not procrastinate in getting your driver's license because sometimes you cannot count on people to take you to places where you need to go and you need to become more independent, get a job to make the load lighter for your parents and take responsibility for yourself, study for the AP classes you took so you can get a score of 5 every one to make the transferring process from college to a university quicker, do not drop AP American Government and AP Literature because they will help you in the future to get general education out of the way and focus what you want to do for a career, apply for more scholarships to help your parents economically, prioritize school a lot more.

The college is very close to my home so I could walk to the campus if I needed to. It is very affordable, which has made it easier for my parents economically. It is located near preferred restaurants such as Alberto's Tacos, A's Burgers, and In-N-Out. The staff is very helpful, polite, and seem that they really enjoy doing their work.

Kenneth

Most of the students I attend classes with are going to school for the right reason, therefore, they work hard at doing a great job with school work.

Saddleback College has a "success" feeling on campusno matter which class one is enrolled in or activity one is participating in.

For twenty long years I feared going to college because of the difficulty of some classes. Four more years of school was so intimidating. If I could go back in time I would sit myself down in front of me, stare into my own eyes, and slap myself on the side of the head saying, "what are you thinking about not wanting to go to college?" Knowing that high school was difficult for me, I would explain how college life is so much more relaxed and on my own time. The professors are great and the class times are chosen by me. I can study at home or on campus. I get to socialize with a more mature group of peers and don't have to take a class every day. Classroom setting are usually more relaxed. I would mainly just let myself know that college life is much simpler than high school and definitely more rewarding. Sure I would graduate high school with a diploma. Yes that is important and good. However, graduating college will guarantee me a degree and an influx of great knowledge. As the great Nike quote goes, "Just Do It!".

Saddleback College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.