Mission Viejo, CA
Saddleback College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saddleback College

Kenneth

Most of the students I attend classes with are going to school for the right reason, therefore, they work hard at doing a great job with school work.

Saddleback College has a "success" feeling on campusno matter which class one is enrolled in or activity one is participating in.

For twenty long years I feared going to college because of the difficulty of some classes. Four more years of school was so intimidating. If I could go back in time I would sit myself down in front of me, stare into my own eyes, and slap myself on the side of the head saying, "what are you thinking about not wanting to go to college?" Knowing that high school was difficult for me, I would explain how college life is so much more relaxed and on my own time. The professors are great and the class times are chosen by me. I can study at home or on campus. I get to socialize with a more mature group of peers and don't have to take a class every day. Classroom setting are usually more relaxed. I would mainly just let myself know that college life is much simpler than high school and definitely more rewarding. Sure I would graduate high school with a diploma. Yes that is important and good. However, graduating college will guarantee me a degree and an influx of great knowledge. As the great Nike quote goes, "Just Do It!".

My classmates and I have only school in common. I am much older than most of my classmates but love their determination and drive and I hope that they achieve the goals they have set for themselves. I have noticed that the older my classmates are the more focused and driven they seem, and I respect that above anything else.

If I was able to go back in time to be a high school senior again I would direct myself a little better. I would have known how important it is to have an education before starting a family. It would be hard for me to change my path simply because, I love my life and my family. I know now that I am being a role model for my three children and setting an example to them to never give up on a dream. I have drempt about becoming a Nurse all my life and nothing with stop me from acheiving my goals. As a senior in high school I wanted to graduate from a four year college with a BSN and enlist in the Navy as an officer. I have been blessed with all the men in my family being freedom fighters and to know that I would have been there to mend their wounds or help them through anything medically they were facing filled my heart with warmth and pride. It truely is an honor to be a student, a mother and hope to others that they too can accomplish anything they set their mind to.

Saddleback College is a beautiful campus with many things to offer. The campus is very large and quite the picture, very green and clean. The instructors and professors are extreamly friendly and very helpful, I have never been told that they can't help me. So, I truely cannot pick just one thing about my school that I love the most, Saddleback is a well rounded superior expience and I absolutly love it.

Brianna

The advice I would give myself and others is to be happy with the decision to go to community college. It opens up more doors and allows you to receive some better hands on experience. Plus, it really helps you figure out what you want to do with your life and what major is the right choice for you.The most important thing is to get involved with the community and the school. It helps keep you on track and helps you meet some great friends. Definitely go to more office hours that the teachers offer if you are struggling. This way the teachers get to know you and you get the most out of every class. Overall, the best advice I could have given myself is to not be disappointed about going to a community college instead of a 4 year university right away. It works out best in the long run and it truly the best choice for your future.

Lindsay

My school is big, but has a certain calming feeling about it with all the trees that create a beautiful campus.

My transition was a little different than most because I was very focused that once I got out of high school, I would finish junior college in two years. Therefore I started taking classes the summer before my senior year in high school and I have been at Saddleback College ever since. As I am about to graduate with my AA spring 2010, I look back wishing I told myself to take more challenging classes in high school to really prepare my self for the amount of time it takes to study and do homework in order to pass college courses. For past advice I would give myself is to always be myself and I will go far with determination and motivation. I have been working full time to pay for school the month I turned 16 and unfortunantly I have not been able to take a break because I have been paying my way through school. The only thing that would make transitioning to 4 year school would be to have a little help and take some of the stress off to focus on doing what I want in my life and that is to help people.

I really enjoy that when I am in class all my teachers take the time to teach the class in a way that we all understand. Outside of class I enjoy attending the football games to cheer on our team because I believe that is a big part of what college is about, being involved with your school. The thing I most enjoy bragging about is when I get to school, I feel safe to learn and explore my imagination to be a better and brighter student while learning life skills in my sociology classes.

Saddleback College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.