Emeryville, CA
SAE Expression College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SAE Expression College

Kai

There might be a time when Expression was a worthwhile college to attend, but that time has long gone. Most of the experienced instructors had left as of 2016 and the professors that were left were generally apathetic and unqualified to handle the jobs they were assigned to do. The equipment was outdated and broke down regularly with not nearly enough cameras, microphones, and lights to actually attend the requirements of the classes. The IT department at the campus was a joke, as the workers often had no idea how to maintain or fix the campus servers where students were required to store their class assignments and media from their film shoots. The setup was so inefficient that on campus IT sometimes had to contact the office on the United States east coast just to get access to servers on the west coast. And the overall administration of the college is appallingly unprofessional, with about the best I can say about them is that they are extremely good at covering their asses when they made a decision that screwed over the students and employees at the school. I went into this school with high hopes, and I came out of it realizing that what I had gone to was a running disaster of a school . Any lessons I learned were in spite of them and not because of them. Do yourself a favor and find someplace else to get your education.

Savannah

Expression College has some great classes but it feels like you can find these classes somewhere else. This school has gone through some changes recently and it feels as if it's going downhill. The school has gotten rid of some very experienced teachers that have worked on many films. The only reason they had to get rid o them was that they didn't possess a degree in their field. They have also started cutting one of their programs off that I am currently in. After I graduate they will no longer have a Game Art and Design Program and will cancel all classes so future Alumni will not be able to attend them. A part of me regrets coming here because of how more expensive it is then other colleges like it and all the changes that have happened. I have met some amazing people here but in the future probably not coming back here.

Daniel

I've been wanting to go to Expressions college ever since I graduated high school. Due to my life circumstances I haven't been able to attend until now. I absolutely love the campus, curriculum, teachers and students. I would recommend this school for anyone interested in digital arts.

Casaundra

First I would tell myself to look into in-state colleges. Sit with a counselor or teacher who I am comfortable with and discuss in-state colleges with a great social work program. Consider community colleges where the tuition is not expensive and who has transfer programs to guarentee your credits are transferred over. The second most important thing I would tell myself is to better understand financial aid. Research federal aid and how it works. Find out about aggregate loan limits as well as alternatives to loans. Apply for scholarships and program that will help me not just prepare but get through college. The most important thing I would tell myself is dont be afraid to ask for help. Use my resources around me. Don't be scared to go to those who want to see me doing good and ask for there advice, help and imput.

Anthony

I would tell my high school self not to rush into anything you are not completely committed to. At 18 I committed to the University of Portland where I would study english. Though I obtained my BA in 4 years I came out of college equally confused and lost as when I had first entered. The reason for this is I was unaware of what path I should take. I took the path I believed I was supposed to take. My message to my younger self would be to slow down, take your time, and hone in on exactly what your passion is. Once I'd done this I would have myself formulate a feasable plan, step by step, of how to use this passion to accomplish my goals. Setting goals, short and long-term, listing them out, and figuring out how to achieve them is the best way I have found of organizing my future. Now, at 24, I have done all of these things which is how I came to apply to Ex-presseion College. I can use my passion to turn my goals into a reality. I graduated college unmotivated. Imagine what I can when motivated.

for students focused on updating their skillset to be competetive in this digitized age, Ex-pression College is a perfect fit. Nowadays jobs have evolved with technology. It is imperative to develop and evolve with technology to be competetive in in the modern job market. Learning the digital arts is one of the safest and most guaranteed methods of giving yourself the best chance to succeed. The best thing about Ex-pressions is that it does just that: eqip students a skillsset to be competetive in the modern digitized age.

I wish I would've relaized the importance of pursuing your passion. Coming out of high school I was going through the motions based off of the expectations of society. It is easy to go to school, graduate, go to college, get a job, work and get by. It is difficult to hone in to your authentic nature and do what you you are meant to do. At 18 years of age I was blind to this notion. Now, at 24, I am ready to pursue my passions and Ex-pression College is where I hope to do so.

Aaron

The advice I would give to my younger high school self, is save your money for later and start working as soon as you can. this is so that I/he will not be troubled by the lack of money for college.

Ian

Everyone at this school is extremely friendly and talented in their own individual fields.

The school is accelerated for one. Students work through summer and recieve very small breaks throughout the year in order to gain their bachelor degree in two and a half years. On top of this, the school is project driven and simulates proffessional work environments better than most schools. If a student has a deadline, the teachers do not care how you do it as long as it gets done and is proffessional quality.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in my senior year, I would tell myself to be prepared for a bruised ego. At my highschool I was the on at the top of the music department. I was the best at playing bass, and played a number of other different instruments. At the end of the year I even won the music departments award, something that is handed out to only one student per graduating class. I am not saying that I had a huge ego, but I was on top of my own little world. But when I came to this school, I realized that there are hundreds of people who are more talented than me. And at first, this hurt. I saw what my classmates were doing with music and art and became jealous and highly insecure. This continued until fairly recently. I realized that this shouldn't be hurting, I should be inspired by these people. I should be striving and improving myself in my own field so that I can be the best here. So I would tell myself to knock off this small ego and get to work if I could.

Crystal

I didn't really look at other schools because I saw everything I wanted in a college at Ex'pressions. It's local, it's proffesional, it's a fast paced and it's supportive.

Well, I'm just starting my college journey at Ex'pressions and I feel like I have a great future ahead of me. I know I will have the space and encouragement to grow as an artist and excel as an animator. I have a stronger sence of self, I'm confident I will be successful through my years at this school and in my career to follow. Even with the challanges of returning to school as an adult I know I will do well. Having a family drives me even more.

Well the school is awesome. They keep the curriculum up to date with what's currently being used inthe industry. It's great for poeple who want to get started right away because summers are cut out. You can get your degree in about 2 and a half years. They completely prepare you for working in you respective fill and help you build a professional portfolio.

Jacqueline

I have recently returned from Vancouver, Canada after attending a semester at Vancouver Film School. Due to medical and financial issues, I came back home. What I experienced there will forever change my life. I now realize just how important going to college is. Weather it is the people you meet and make connections with, or learning as much as you can manage. I had many life changing experiences up there in the little amount of time given. I am glad to be home, but am ready to take college by the horns and begin my career. I am looking for any and all the scholarships i can ear, due to the money I have lost from un-enrolling from Vancouver Film School. I want to make something of myself, I want a great career and education, I just don't have the money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerade

I am starting Ex'pression college on September 16, 2010.

I am starting Ex'pression college on September 16, 2010.

The best aspect which Ex'pression has to offer is the five week condensed classes which allows me to complete a B.A.S. program in two and a half years. I will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of game design and produce a reel representing my professional work. I feel can let my creativity flourish in that type of environment.

I tell my friends that I will learn to create virtual worlds which open endless possibilities for game designers to excel at being creative and gamers to embark on a heros journey. Instead of classes being taught using theory, Ex'pression offers a hands on approach to the learning process. Most important i get to make my passion become my profession.

SAE Expression College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.