Saginaw Valley State University Top Questions

Deanna

To me my school is best known for lower tuition and modern dorms. Also I believe that is known for a closer student- teacher interaction in the classrooms.

Faren

Saginaw is best known for their cost in tution and for their on campus learning experience.

Saginaw Valley State University is best known for their living facilities, which are said to be some of the best in the state. There are many options for living on campus. Freshman dorms have built in bathrooms and kitchens. This was the most exciting thing ever for me last year when I was a freshman. Upperclassman have even more options. They can live in on-campus apartments or small condeminiums with the roommates of their choice. SVSU is definitely a place that I am happy to call home while I am away from home!

My favorite time on campus is the week in September or October before the big Saginaw Valley vs. Grand Valley football game. It is a week long fundraising competition for local charities between the rivals called Battle of the Valleys. SVSU knows we don't have a great football team so we make up for that and consistently raise over $20,000! It has lots of fun activities where we can donate money and win prizes, bash a car, buy t-shirts, do a 5K, get a hair cut, or other random fundraisers that SA puts on.

Steven

The Bowling program.

Schanda

Saginaw Valley is known for its educational programs. I went through the program very smoothly and feel that I could become a successful secondary eduation teacher.

Cameron

The best housing in the state of Michigan. Not too big or too small. A great education without sacrificing one on one time with your professor.

Steven

Low cost but great academics.

My school is best known as a commuting school because it's area isn't too far away from everywhere. It's also got nice living facilities and great help.

I am attending Fort Scott Community College in the small town of Fort Scott, Kansas. FSCC is best known for its rodeo team. Being a small rural college, rodeo is life out here. For many students the agricultural department is a major reason for attending my school. Nursing is also a big part of Fort Scott Community College.

Katie

My school is best known for diversity.

My school is best known for having all the buildings connected. This is great when it is cold and snowing outside you can walk inside to all of your classes, instead of walking in and out of the buildings. Going in and out of buildings makes it hard for students to pay attention in class because they are trying to warm up from being outside in the freezing cold.

Michelle

My school is best known for our medical programs like nursing and occupational therapy and our education program. Along with our many Masters degree programs.

Shannon

Being one of the cheapest state universities in the state.

Carter

School spirit and hospitality, a lot of people who love what they do and where they are.

Ashlee

Saginaw Valley is best known for their Education Program or the nursing program both are pretty difficult to get into but job placement is definitely 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} after graduation. Many of our other programs are very good but those are the two Saginaw Valley is best known for in my opinion.

Caitlin

Great housing. The Education and Nursing programs.

Michelle

I think that Saginaw Valley State University is best known for the social aspects of the college experience. Not everyone at SVSU drinks in order to have fun but they do like to let loose and meet new people. Most people are willing to form study groups and carpool to events that are off-campus but account for your grade. This is why I think that SVSU the best social network of any university.

Hillary

Our school is best known for its engineering department, nursing department, and education department.