Davenport, IA
Saint Ambrose University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Ambrose University

Sydney

This is a great university for small-school lovers like myself! Great academic community and a close-knit campus. Students and faculty are very friendly and helpful.

Breanne

The school's sense of responsiblity to the Davenport community is something Saint Ambrose University prides itself on. Students are encouraged to be involved in community activities such as neighborhood preservation, tutoring programs in the elementary school, and other services activities.

A student attending this school should be comfortable in a small, classroom setting where professors know all of the students well. Many of the professors also lead other clubs or activities in the school, so they will also get to know you outside of the classroom.

Joseph

My school is known for an excellent education, with a focus on helping the community.

I would first tell myself to not care so much about what other's think of me. My time in college spent trying to impress other's cost me a great deal. While the party lifestyle is appealing, it is only temporary. I would tell myself to put forth my best effort. I spent the first two years in school wasting away. After I got in trouble I went from almost failing out to getting a full time job and making straight A's. In life and in school you are capable of accomplishing wonders if you put your mind to it. I would tell myself before deciding on a major take a variety of classes, and choose a major that makes you happy. After I spent time refelecting on college, I realized the most heplful piece of advice would be to listen to my parents. If I had have listened I would not have made many mistakes that I did. When a mistake is made keep your head up, and never stop going forward. I would finally say for every decision you make think to yourself does this get me closer to what I want for my future.

Catherine

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would definitely tell myself not to be scared. College has been an amazing experience, and I was very worried coming into it. I was afraid I wouldn't fit in and I wouldn't find friends. I would tell myself to just be outgoing and friendly, and everything else will fall into place. People in college are much friendlier than they were in high school. There is no reason to be afraid that you wont find where you belong. There are so many opportunities to get to know people, just take advantage of those and everything will be fine!

The worst thing about St. Ambrose would be the housing situation for next year. We will have more students than we can house currently, so that is causing some issues.

The quality of the dorm life at St. Ambrose is very unique of any other schools I considered. Ambrose has very high quality dorms and other living areas. All dorms are suite style so you don't have to share a bathroom with more than 5 other people. They also have a lot of on-campus houses to give students real-life feel while still not paying extra rent. All of the housing is very well kept and nice, comfortable amounts of space.

I would tell myself to not go home nearly as often as I did. I went home almost every-other weekend the first semester of my Freshman year and missed out on a lot of things happening at my school. It was also very hard to make friends at school when I was gone so often, I never had time to hang out with the people I was meeting at school. I hated school that semester because I was never there. As soon as I got involved in things and couldn't go home, I made more friends and started loving college. I know this would have happend a lot sooner if I had just stuck it out and stayed at school most of the times I went home. Not going home very often, at least at first, is the best advice I think I could give myself. Making friends in the place I'm supposed to be for the next 3 or so years of my life is much more important than seeing friends at home, having friends at school makes you a much happier person, helping you do much better in school.

I brag most about all the opportunities I get to have. Being involved in the theatre department I have the chance to do any thing I want and learn as I go. There are very good opportunites to study abroad for long or shorts amount of time for reasonable prices. There are also many opportunities to be involved in the community outside of campus as well, they encourage us to volunteer and give back as much as we can.

Leticia

As I am sure all current college students would do, most of them would go back to their high school self and say “Be more social”, or “Be sure to get involved with this earlier” or “Choose this dorm because it’s better than this one”. If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself again as a high school student, believe it or not I would actually have nothing to say. All the advice I would have given myself would be redundant because I heard it all throughout senior year of high school and through the summer. Saint Ambrose gave me all the input/guidance I needed to make the most out of my college experience. Every situation I have been involved in this far has shaped and changed me in different ways, and I believe that without them happening I would not be the person I am today. So giving myself unnecessary information would sort of be a waste of time; because I can truthfully say that I would go through everything all over again...no regrets.

Before attending Saint Ambrose University, I was actually very knowledgeable with all the different services and activites that this facility had to offer. Saint Ambrose does a fabulous job when giving tours and telling the incoming students about the different types of help they can recieve; not to mention even going as far as pointing out which building to go to and who to talk to. The only thing I wish I had been more smarter about was choosing a roommate. Other than that I was completely satisfied coming in and with what I knew.

I believe all personalities should attend Saint Ambrose. Even though we may not be as big as Iowa State or other bigger colleges, Saint Ambrose has a group for everyone. At first, coming in it may not seem as easy to make a smooth transition into a socal group, the hardest part is actually gathering up enough confidence to come out of a bubble and interact with new faces. Only then would a student be on their way to finding their perfect group and make friends for life.

Karli

I would tell myself to be open to new ideas and trying new activities and groups on campus. By talking with and becoming friends with people that are different from you, you are able to better understand yourself and why you believe what you do. This in turn will better develop your values, and thats what college is all about. With this in mind it is important to stick to your values and not try or do something because "everyone is doing it" because in reallity not everyone is doing it. Their are other people on campus with your same values, more than you would think.

Before attending Saint Ambrose University I would have wanted to know the importance of getting involved with the different groups on campus and the friendliness of everyone on campus. Also, the professors want their students to learn and succeed, and students should use this to their advantage by using their office hours in order to fully understand the material. Overall, I have found everyone on campus to be friendly, and I could not imagine going to school anywhere but here. It is my home away from home.

Anyone can attend this school, especially those who desire small class sizes and the availability of professors. My largest class size in the last two years was about thirty-two and all of my professors have learned my name. They have been available to answer questions, give career advice, and give recourse to find your own information.

Becky

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition after high school, I strongly advise to get organized. Apply, apply, and apply for as many scholarships that pertain to you and definitely get an early start to avoid feeling overwhelmed and rushed. I would also strongly advise to avoid spending money on unnecessary things, because once you are in college you are going to remember buying that expensive new outfit and wish you saved it to buy your now expensive and necessary textbooks. Getting involved in as much as you can in high school, and being an active volunteer are smart things to consider. I would also strongly advise you to be more social and explore outside of your comfort zone, because in college you will be new people almost everyday. My last piece of advice would be to have an open mind to new possibilities and to keep a visualization of where you want to be in the future. To work hard to make that visualization become a reality some day.

If you are the type of student who is shy to speak up and raise your hand in class when something seems confusing, do not fret! Professors here at St. Ambrose are extremely friendly and charismatic. Thanks to the medium to small classroom sizes, the relationship between students and professors are much stronger than at other universities. They know your name and are genuinely happy to help when needed. They are also great at responding to emails to answer any questions asked. If you are seeking a great education and a beautiful campus, St. Ambrose is the place for you!

The campus of St. Ambrose University is the perfect size: not too small and not too big. The professors are great, and so are the rest of the staff and faculty. The classrooms are medium to small, which allows a lot more one on one time between students and professors. St. Ambrose has the absolute best housing available for students. The halls are beautiful, spacious, clean, and modern. However, some resident halls are also old fashioned, which provides a unique feel to it. St. Ambrose has unique architectures and has remodeled various buildings on campus.

Cassea

St. Ambrose University is a very friendly school & also has a very good nursing program.

My classmates are helpful & will always help you if you need extra help understanding homework or papers.

Cassea, high school is going to go by faster than you think. You need to plan for your future. My advice to you is to explore different careers through job shadowing. Find out what it is like to work in different careers and what really interests you. Take more duel credit classes from your local community college to earn college credit in high school. Life in college will be much simpler if you do. The more college classes you can take in high school, the earlier you will be able to graduate from college and save on tuition expenses. Take time to study each day and review the subjects. Prepare ahead of time for upcoming tests and research papers by organizing notes, making flashcards, and rereading the material. If you don't understand it, request a tutor or extra time with the teacher. Ask questions until you truly understand it. Grades are important. Study hard. Lastly, remember those calls from work asking you to come in and you came up with some lame excuse as to why you couldn't? That is going to cost you. You need to earn and save as much money as you can for college.

Saint Ambrose University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.