Davenport, IA
Saint Ambrose University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Ambrose University

Kristen

I would tell myself not to worry, and that not everyone likes to go out and party. I would also tell myself not to worry too much about religious leaders, because all of them on campus are really open and understanding

I wish that I had known how many people there are at Ambrose who like to stay in. While going out and partying is popular, there is still a large number of people who like to stay in.

I would say that one of the worst things about Ambrose is that we are not as diverse as I would like for us to be.

Matthew

My classmates are very helfpful and open to creative ideas.

My classmates are very helfpful and open to creative ideas.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to my young self I would say to keep an open mind. College is a once in a lifetime experience and not everyone is fortunate enough to experience it. Go into college with the best attitude and treat it as a learning experience. I would tell myself to live everyday and make the most of what is given to you. Take nothing for granted and hard work really does pay off in the future. Keep your loved ones close and treat your fellow companions as you wish to be treated. College is going shape you into who you’re going to be for the rest of your life. I would tell myself to play hard, but work harder, for your future is based in what you know and what you choose to do with your education. If it is to be, it is up to me.

Anyone who is looking for a great education and a once in a lifetime experience should attend St. Ambrose University. It is a highly rated University and offers all types of extracuricular activities for incoming students. If you are a student who is looking to further educate yourself then you should attend St. Ambrose.

Tanika

My classmates are ambitious people that are always ready and eager to learn new things.

My college experience was and still is phenomenal. My study of choice is Criminal Justice and I have learned almost all I need to begin my career. St. Ambrose University has put me in a position to know and understand the basics of criminal justice. Through my internship at the Scott County Jail, I received more hands on learning. The staff there know me and my work ethic and have encouraged me to seek a career with them. I appreciate my school for taking the time to work with me and cater to my needs. I now have the motivation and the drive I need in order to see my future more clearly. Without St. Ambrose Universtiy, my name would not be known in the local criminal justice field that it is. I would say my attendance at my school has been extremely valuable.

The best thing about St. Ambrose Universtiy is how much they care and provide an easy way of learning. They have so many programs that assist us in learning. No matter how fast or slow someone may learn, no one seems to be left behind.

Diana

Saint Ambrose University is best known for its academic programs. They are really good programs and the faculty and staff are really nice. Saint Ambrose is a good school if you want a small classroom size and get to know your teachers and ask for help.

I have learn from my college experience what it is to be away from home and learn how to take care for yourself and to stay healthy. I learned that in college you have to learn how to become responsible for your own life know because you don't have your parents behind your back reminding you to get up to go to class or to do your homework or to eat your veggies. It has been very valuable to attend St. Ambrose because that means expanding my horizons. Getting out of my safe zone to meet new people and new opportunities in what life can offer. College has impacted me because i have made so many amazing friend relationships and gotten involved with the Ambrose Community. I've learned that life can take you many places all i have to do is go for my dreams. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and minor in Sociology and with that i will be able to help my community and achieve my goals in life.

The worst thing that i consider about St.Ambrose is that i don't like the cafeteria schedule because the cafe closes by six o'clock in the afternoon and i usually don't even eat dinner by six. The food isn't always the best either but at least they offer a variety.

Tara

I am currently attending SJVC Online for my Associated Degree in Medical/Clinical Assisting. I am really enjoying doing online classes because i am on my own schedule, and its a field that i have always wanted to work in.

Jacqui

The faculty and staff really care about the students. You're not just another number, here, like you are at state institutions. They really try to help you and in some cases, figuratively bend over backwards to help you achieve your goals and succeed.

I've had a lot of issues with both ADHD and PTSD, and my college experience has been very helpful in learning about myself and how to adjust to and nagivate my way through both of those disabilities. I have gone to other colleges, but St. Ambrose has been the most conducive to figuring MYSELF out, which, in the end, is what I think that college should be all about. We're emerging adults and it's our JOB at college to find out who we are, as well as getting prepared for our future as adults. St. Ambrose has helped me to know and love myself, something I don't think I would have gotten so easily at other colleges while preparing for a future AS me in the world.

The best thing about my school is that the faculty, staff, and student body are, in general, very pleasant and personable. They're helpful, caring, and we have a great campus community.

Saint Ambrose is a smaller university which allows for more one on one teacher-student interactions. This benefits the student, and allows the student to understand the concepts better. The staff is also more welcoming and really wants to get to know the students. I received a hand-written note about my acceptance, which rarely happens at larger universities. Saint Ambrose campus is like a small family, everyone is there to help and look after one another.

Throughout my college career I have acquired new knowledge in the healthcare field as well as grown as an indivdual. College has taught me life lessons that I couldn't have learned anywhere else. I have met great, life long friends. College has made me a better all around person.

Anyone that is committed to their studies and wants to further their education should attend Saint Ambrose. They are very academic oriented and take great pride in their students. It is a small school so that helps students keep their focus since their are less distractions.

Stephen

To me, college is valuable to attend because I want to learn. Over Christmas break I found myself reading a book. "The History of Mathematics" was the title. Without any scholastic obligation I was reading a book I wouldn't have picked up during high school. I'm not saying I didn't have a drive for knowledge then. I did. In fact, I went to a limited attendance science and math academy. I suppose this 'want for knowledge', as cliche as it sounds, started there. I'm sure that maturity played a roll, too. Either way I know I am changing intellectually and school surely tops the list of personal interests. College has taken over my life and I have no problem with it. When I tell people my plans which include two more years of prerequisites, the MCAT, my residency, and my fellowship, the response is normally the same. Sometimes I'm a little offended by their discouraging words, but most of the time I assure them it's what I want. The self-satisfaction of knowledge is the reason college is valuable to attend, or as Aristotle put it, "All men by nature desire knowledge."

Saint Ambrose University is best known for it's doctorate in physical therapy program. It is a five and a half year program.

I have learned many important lessons in my first semester of my college experience. I was enrolled in a research biology class my first semester, and I was informed from the beginning that it would be a very challenging class. At first, I was nervous about the amount of work required and whether or not I could really do an entire research project. Throughout the semester I not only learned about the subject of biology, but also about the importance of task management when working in a group, the downfalls of procrastination, and the pride of finishing a difficult task. All of these are very important skills to have when working in the real world. Despite the fact that the class appeared daunting at first, I feel as though I have gained important skills that I would not have otherwise.

The best thing about Saint Ambrose University is that it's a small enough school that students get to know their professors, yet it's large enough that there are always fun activites on campus.

Felicia

When I first came to St. Ambrose I felt as though it was almost impossible for me to finish my degree because I would be unable to pay for it. These professors, and staff of mine showed me that having faith can go along way. I moved out when I was fifteen so,me to get into a college like Ambrose meant the world to me because I thought fopr sure that I wasn't able to afford a good education. Let alone a college where I feel like a family member. I go to school somedays just so i can find myself. I bought my own house last year and ever since it's been a little hectic but now at least i have a home. The professors and staff make me forget that I am not only a young adult, but i am a child too. To understand this you must know who I am. I have worked full time since I moved out as well, and have made it to my junior year. Coming from a girl who believed that her life was over St. Ambrose has saved my life litterally.

A person who is unsure what they want out of life. They would easily be able to recieve help to figure out what they would be good at. A person who likes to learn and respects the fact that learning is not something you pay for it's something you work for.

A person who is lazy, and feel like they will be able to buy their degree.

Saint Ambrose University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.