Davenport, IA
Saint Ambrose University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Ambrose University

Chantel

They are friendly and engaging. Helfpul really describes them. Many of them are young and can sometimes make a non-traditional student feel out of place. Due to their youth they seem energetic and fun. Drinking and drugs are not a high priority for them.

I have made many friends and learned much inside and outside of the classroom. It is valuable for me to attend because it enables me to get out of my home and into the real world. My advisors are wonderful and understanding. The value of my advisor's involvement in the community is invaluable. They are helping me learn to help others like me who have been abused which puts me in the right place.

I wish I had known of more scholarships. Also I wished I had known of more housing options for single parents.

Kristen

Probably theatre and nursing.

College has really helped me grow as a person. I have learned that in the real world people have to deal with a lot of people they don't always like or get along with, but they still have to interact with anyway. I have also learned that time management and organization are the biggest tools to make sure you have. College has really allowed me to be a strong leader and I have had opportunities to be interviewed and speak out publically for the issues that I believe are important.

Robin

I am currently enrolled with AIU online. This has been an amazing experience. One of the things that I most grateful for is that since it is done completely on-line, I can work on my own time and still hold a full time job. Working towards my degree on-line has enabled me to still have a classroom experience and socialize with fellow students and faculty members. I have discovered a since of accomplishments where there was just dissatisfaction in myself in the past. So far I've achieved my AA and I am currently working towards my BS. I am proud to be able to be a role model to my children so that they can follow by example..

Ileana

College has demonstrated to me responsibility, maturity, and independence. In college, one has the choice to choose what he/she desires to study and pursue and make the right/ wrong decisions affecting their lives. I am responsible now of waking myself up for school, getting to school, and attending all my classes. I have the responsibility of making sure I get all my work complete and perform at my highest capacity. I no longer have my parents stressing over my academics as much as in high school because, in reality, its only going to affect me how and where my performance leads me in life. Because I attend college, I have grown as an individual in taking care of myself. I work to pay for school necessities and food. I have slowly but surely received little by little glimpses of what the real world will bring. Soon I will have to choose a path and lifestyle for myself that will make me happy for the rest of my life. In the meantime, college is allowing me to explore and experiment all my possibilities.

Blake

I attend Tarrant County College now, but i will attend UMHB next semester. I realized a community college doesn't offer much of a challenge as an university can. I love the experience of having way more freedom then high school. Being in college has made me more responsible for my actions. I have experience more freedom in college then I ever have before. It made me grow up and become more mature.

Alicia

My classmates are friendly, helpful, responsible, intellegent, repectful, and good people.

It has been a very valuable experience for me to attend college. Attending college has taught me many things. In high school, I was one of the top students in my class, the one who never studied or had to work hard to succeed. I took the easy way out on things and still got A's in my classes. Once I started college, I realized it really doesn't work that way in real life. Now I have to work very hard to get A's in my college courses and study a lot. College taught me the value of hard work. If you want to succeed, you have to work for it. College has also taught me a lot about working with other people. I am a quiet person by nature, and avoided situations involving speaking in front of others or working with strangers. Here in college I have worked with numerous different people, all in groups assigned to me. I have gained communication and leadership skills from these experiences that will help me get a job some day and excel at it. College has been a wonderful experience that is well worth the money that it costs.

A person should not attend this school if he or she wants to attend a big school where you walk out the door and don't recognize anyone's face, and don't know more than two people in your classes. You shouldn't attend this school if you don't want to be a part of extra-curricular activities. A person should not attend this school if he or she wants to attend college to party and drink his or her life away. This is not a party school and is too expensive to fail out of.

Allyson

Saint Ambrose University is a very welcoming place and a great learning community filled with wonderful people and services.

I honestly believe that Saint Ambrose University is the best place for me to work on my degree. The class sizes are small which allows for more open class discussions and a better oppirtunity to work with the teachers and proffessors when you don't understand something, or have a question. Being in college has taught me how to better maintain my blood sugar and diabetes because I am no longer living at home, so I don't have my parents to lean on anymore when things get tough. College has made me a healthier and more well rounded person, because there are so many more chances to get involved in something that I am interested in, here at Saint Ambrose than there was when I was still in high school. The people here and the friends that I have made are better influenses and make living on campus fun and comfortable.

When I tell my friends about Saint Ambrose, I usually start off by telling them about the great dorms that have private bathrooms and everything, because it is so clean and really great to have. I then tell them about how beautiful campus is and how helpful everyone on campus is whenever you have any questions or concerns about anything.

Thomas

I would have told myself to join an athletic team. While not many teams were offered at school, being a part of a team is something I missed out on. The socialization process that is incorperated in the convergence of a team would have eased my transition into college. Making friends would have been easier, especially if I discovered I was talented in the sport I could have chosen and joined a team in college.

I wish I would have known how to make new friends, because prior to college, I went to the same school from K-12 and making new friends was not an issue. Also, I already knew everyone I went to school with before college. My graduating class was only 50; therefore, I wish I would have known what it would be like to be a part of a larger student body.

I brag about the dorms that St. Ambrose University has, because they are the best I have seen for freshman. My dorm is newly built, carpeted, large, air-conditioned, and suite-style (4 people share a bathroom that is cleaned weekly).

Nicholas

The advice I would give to myself is to learn time management skills and apply them to your academic career. I had a few classes that I struggled in because I did not have as much time for them. If I had essential time management skills, then I would have been able to apply more time to them and might have received better grades. Another thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid to ask for help. I have learned that I can ask for help from a number of people, whether it be teachers, students, or even coaches. The teachers here are more than willing to help you out in their classes and I did not learn that until my sophomore year. I also wish I had done more shadowing for my major and possibly more internships when I was younger and had more time to.

I wish I had known how to manage my time more wisely while competing in a versity sport and attending class. It was difficult to adjust to being on my own and being able to do what I wanted to do. I did do well my first year but if I had learned to manage my time, I could have done exceptionally well. Another thing I wished I had known was how the social life would be. This would give me some way of knowing what to expect when I got to college.

I brag to my friends all the time about the size of our dorms and how nice they are. A lot of my friends complain about how bad theirs are but at St. Ambrose our dorms are very spacious and pretty much brand new. I also brag about our football team as well because we have a good team.

St. Ambrose University is know for its students. Us midwesterns are know for our compasion and our willingness to help a neighbor out that is in need. When I first started it was hard to read the map and find the different buildings, but all I needed was the courage to ask for help and sometimes not even that. Ambrose students were always ready with a smile to help me when I asked and some of them even noticed I needed help without me even asking for it!

I am 18 years old and a senior at Moline High School again... I see myself hanging out with friends and going to class like a normal student, but what can I say to myself to prepare me for what's ahead? I would tell myself...Never say never or impossible when you know you can succeed and everything is possible if you just set your mind to it. Don't second guess yourself even though it is so easy to do so. Rely on your intuition and that gut instinct, because only you know what's best and right for you. Never let anyone make you feel bad about the choices you have made in your life, you made those choices for a reason with love, care, and consideration. Continue to carry yourself with that same confidence because you're going to need it. Dont let those silly girls that you call your best friends in high school, tear you down with their negativity, stay positive and most of all keep believing in yourself. Stress is a part of everyone's life so don't get you undies in a bundle, eventually everything works out!

Any unique, ordinary, outgoing, shy, average, super smart person can attend or in other words anybody and everybody! St. Ambrose is known for its diversity and that is what makes it so awesome. I have so many friends and they are all different and that is so neat because now I know a little bit about the many different types of people in the world!

Saint Ambrose University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.