Davenport, IA
Saint Ambrose University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Ambrose University

Teagan

Our dorms are amazing and that is the main reason i chose ambrose. This school allowed me to change my major four times and still graduate ontime. Everyone here is really nice and welcoming. The first time i visited here people held the door open for me and did alot of nice things. That is another reason I came here. I aslo loved the surrounding commuity. Its not a huge city but there is enough stuff to do that you feel like your part of a greater commuinty.

The options in life are endless. Every choice allows for a new twist or turn that will only reveal a new adventure. Though out my journey in life I have enjoyed discovering the different paths I have taken. I would not tell myself specific information about my life because I believe that it was the process of discovering these things that have shaped me into the person I am today. I would instead tell my self to enjoy life more and not worry so much. I find myself now entering graduate school and thinking of all the wonderful times I have had. I have changed my major several time, had my heart broken in a relationship, and discovered who I truly am. Though not all of life is easy I still enjoy uncovering what my future might hold with out information about it.

Find journal articles in the libary. I still to this day have a difficult time doing this yet the libarians are always very helpful. I also wish i knew how to better manage my time and deal with general change. I really wish they had a class here that would teach me that and then also how to relax a little. I think not managing my time is the number one stressor in my life.

Douglas

Mostly, I would say that it's know for being a good quality private school that anybody can get into. Or course, this doesn't guarantee that anybody can succeed, but those who can't are usually filtered out in the first year or two. As a secondary point, many of the faculty are very outspoken regarding the environment. This has resulted in some significant attention from the press.

First and foremost, college is not an end in itself, but rather a means to the ends of acquiring the skills necessary to obtain a good career and, more importantly, improving yourself. Whatever you do, don't lose sight of those ends because, if you do, you will temporarily cease to do your best and your education will suffer as a result. Second, start focusing on finances as soon as possible. The moment you graduate, you will be entering the real world and once you're faced with that, you'll wish you had prepared yourself better. If you do your best on preparing yourself from the beginning then you'll find yourself in a much better situation and you won't regret the outcome. Lastly, don't settle with having only your next semester planned out. Plan out every class you need to take from the beginning so that you can spread the work evenly across all four years. It's possible to pick up a second major in your junior year, but you'll pay for that lack of planning when you have so much work some days that you can't go to bed on time.

That my financial aid wouldn't go up after my freshman year even if my GPA skyrocketed (as it did). If I had understood that early in high school, I might have actually tried to get a good GPA. Also, a better understanding of the available work study positions would have been helpful since I ended up finding a very good work study only after I had been there for a full year.

Shannon

At SAU you are a name and not just a number. Teachers are concerned with your progress through a program and there are MANY services offered to aid students through their classes.

Do all of the research that I can about the major I am pursuing. Take my time with the decision to attend a four year right out of high school. If necessary start at a two year college and work my way up just to be sure that major is what I want. Join in as many activities as I can. Take advantage of all the points I can earn in a class.

Like many others, I would tell my high-school-senior-self to kick it up a knotch. I am proud of how hard I worked in high school, but there is always room for improvement. Looking back, I know I was busy, but I could have made more time for school work or clubs. I would tell myself to make it to more of the multiple weekly meetings, or spend an extra ten minutes proof-reading that ten page paper. It would have given me a bit more preparation for the hectic college schedule that was soon to come. Also, I would have applied for more scholarships and worked more hours to save up money. Money goes fast in college when you are taking care of yourself. I would tell my high-school-senior-self to learn to rely on herself, because college goes by way too fast, and before she knows it, she'll be done and on her own. Despite the fact that I would have given myself that advice, I'm happy with where I am today and where I'm headed.

The meal plan. The food sucks. Unless you move off of campus, you are required to pay for a meal plan. That's at least $3000 per year that I, and others, are wasting.

There is very little flexibility with rules. We can't move off of campus until we have junior status, and those who have a full scholorship have to stay on campus all four years (which means they're paying extra for a meal plan all four years, too). Dorm security is way too strict: no one of the opposite sex allowed on the opposite floor past 2 a.m. and visitors have to have a pass. After 7 p.m., the visitor has to have his/her host (of the same gender) with them to get into the building. ridiculous.

Chazery

What is unique about Saint Ambrose is the size of the classroom. I was in a class with as low as 14 students in the class and I enjoyed it because the teacher was very involved and I actually felt like I understood what the class was about.

The best advice I could give to a future student or parent would be to visit as many colleges as possible. I personally took time to visit colleges and after every visit I wanted to go to that school because they all seem so fun, but when I stepped on St. Ambrose's campus I instantly felt at home and knew for sure that was where I was going to go. Making the most out of a college can be difficult at times but really focusing on what your main objective helps so much. When walking up to get your diploma what are things that would make you proud? When making decisions I have to ask myself that questions.

The worst thing at the school is the food. Some people really enjoy it but for me I do not like it because it is too plain.

Jenny

Get invloved with as much as you can and do the best you can in school because you can't go back.

How much extra money the school could have given me but chose not to, while other students are getting extra help.

Saint Ambrose is a very professional liberal arts University that offers a well-rounded education for all of those who attend...

My classmates are supportive, trustworthy, and there for me whenever I am in a time of need.

I feel the campus? atmosphere should make me feel safe, comfortable, and inviting. While I live on campus I want to feel ?at home? and be surrounded by friendly people. The different clubs and organizations I can get involved in are also important at a college because it will help me become comfortable, relaxed, and help me to meet people when I am there. Many colleges offer numerous and diverse clubs. This is a positive factor when looking into colleges because being involved will help my stay on campus become more enjoyable and not make me feel uneasy while I?m there. College is very expensive and getting even more expensive as the years go on. When choosing a college, I look at the different scholarships and financial aid offered to the students. Without this help it would be quite impossible to even go to college. The cost of the college shouldn?t be the most important factor in choosing a college, but in reality it makes a huge difference. The academics are very important, yet the campus, social environment, financial opportunities, and activities are an important part of the college decision making process too.

Justice

Go to orientation of all the universities you want to go to. From here, the student should figure out which school they felt most comfortable at, then go there.

Mostly, our little "drinking culture" we got goin' here. The house parties and the "drunk bus" to downtown. Academically, my school is all about business and nursing, neither of which I'm vested in.

Finantial aid. many a time I thought I was covered I ended up owing some 5000 dollars or more by the end of the semester.

My school is pretty, fun, and provides a good education.

My school is pretty, fun, and provides a good education.

You need to pick the college that feels right for you. The school has to have things that you are interested in. It should fit your life.

The campus teachers and surroundings are the best.

David

keep looking, the perfect school is out there. you just need to find what suits your needs

the fact that they require a theology class for graduation. they may have been a catholic private school but they arnt anymore and shouldnt force students to take a pointless religion based class.

someone with drive to suceed that likes small personally based classes. no large lectures, most classes are under 25- 30 people. lots of teacher interaction. a good skool to learn at. but not party

Saint Ambrose University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.