Manchester, NH
Saint Anselm College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Anselm College

Stephen

it is a great small school with a lot of resources and people who care for u. Meeting new people is easy because everyone is friendly and getting to the best conference in the NE10 for those in it and great food. I love it. Needs more diversity for it to grow more and more.

CHICHI

To be honest, it was very boring. The academics are great, but socially, it is very boring. There is no such thing as living the college life here. I regret choosing this school. Many females are very judgmental, I try to make friends but they all shut me out. Mostly white people there so maybe its because of my skin color. They are very snobby. One time I made a lovely friend and she was amazing but one day a couple of girls thought it was OK to make fun of her dress. Laughing behind my friend thinking she wasn't listening, but I was. I spoke up for her. They are all bark but no bite. But I only attend to this school because of their reputation nothing more. But it does get very lonely.

Joan
Run the other way

Run the other way

The Dean's office is a joke, they are bias and DO NOT act in what is best for the student. The school allows athletes to have their own set of rules and get away with violent acts against women. There are numerous trips to the emergency room and the school plays a do not ask do not tell game. This school is not what it appears to be.

Bradley

Saint Anselm College is unique in many ways. One way that stands out from other schools I applied to is that there is a monastary on campus. When I saw this I thought that this tied the community and values of the school together. As a non-catholic it was a bit of a culture shock but the monks were all friendly and welcoming from the moment I walked on to campus.

Dear High School Brad, Currently you are probably very concerned about your upcoming transition to college this fall but I am here to assure you that you will be fine. You are probably concerned about your friends and losing touch with them. To be completly honest about that, you are going to lose touch with most of them, but don't you worry because you are going to meet plenty of new friends here and will become close to them very quickly. I know how much you enjoy doing as many things as possible, but believe me when I tell you that you need to learn when to cut things out and when to say know because contrary to what you believe YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL! It's okay to tell someone you can't do something because they'll respect you more and you won't dissapoint those who you told you would do something that you can't do it then. This is going to be hard for you, I'm just learning now but it will be good for you. Good luck in the future, College Brad

Plain and simple, Saint Anselm College is one of the safest places I've ever been. Some describe it as a bubble but you can leave all of your valuables on a table in the library, come back an hour later and all of your things will still be there untouched, which speaks highly of the school's values. Another thing is the amount of connections you can make at Saint Anslem College. I have met former Governors, Political commentators, Congressmen, and Presidential Candidates in my two short years here.

Jorden

If I could go back in time and have a conversation with my high school senior self, I would tell myself to worry less and care more. Throughout senior year I started to lose hope, faith, and my passion for many things. Often times I felt lost and alone. I had many friends, a boyfriend, I was co-captain of the cheerleading team, I had a wonderful summer job, a loving family. Though even with all of those things holding me together, I still felt as though I was falling apart. If I had the chance to give advice to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself that life gets better, that it is not just a simple saying that others say when you feel down. Life goes on, do not worry about the little things, and know that real friends will stick with you till the very end. There is a better life after high school, there is a whole world waiting to be explored, even though at times you can feel lost... as long as you know who you are and believe what you believe, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.

My school is very inviting, when I first set foot on the campus I instantly felt like I was home. All of my worries about a new school, new classes and meeting new people, were gone. Knowing I would always feel at home even if I was 150 miles from Georgetown made me feel safe. Everyone who attends Saint Anselm is proud to be a student there, though I do not know what I want to do with the rest of my life, I know that being at Saint Anselm I will not have to worry about feeling lost.

A person who is driven, who is proud to be who they are and will take pride in being an Anselmnian. The school can be challenging at times, and stressful but if someone were to decide to attend Saint Anselm they would have to be hard-working, dedicated and passionate. They should be open-minded and caring. Saint Anselm is a school that prides itself of service and helping others, whether it is being involved by volunteering or coming together as a student body and working together for a common goal.

Steven

My classmates are often very smart, but do not work as hard as I do, and they usually love to drink.

I would tell myself to prepare for the intense schoolwork and studying in college. I would tell myself to keep working hard and to stay focused on what I want out of life. Keep studying, reading, and achieving and someday my dreams will come true. It's as simple as that.

The worst thing about my school is the people. They drink too much and do not take their schoolwork seriously. Many of the kids do not like me and want to hurt me because I have expressed to them that they should stop getting drunk all the time. Also, many of the people at my school are judgemental and will not hangout with me because I study too much. I would rather have good grades than fake friends though.

Sevda

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life and making transitions today, I would advice myself to "believe in myself". I have been a strong person throughot all my life except when it came to college decisions. I felt weak even though I had all of my families support. I did not trust myself even when I knew I could do it. I was very nervious about the decision I would make in choosing the right college because there were many things on my cheklist and it was overwhelming to choose from so many. Nevertheless, I would have told myself not to worry and just believe in myself and that I would accomplish my dreams and make the best choices. Thinking about it now, it was very childish of me to worry about it so much because going to many afterschool programs they have all thought me the lesson of how important it is to believe in ourselves. Believing is a key to sucess and we should never take it for granted!

I did not know that Saint Anselm College is a Liberal Arts College. I wish I knew this because it would just add a little something to my check list when looking at different schools. Even though I did not know that this college was liberal Arts I am happy that I choose this College because it it great! I love it very much and I will be graduating from there in 2017 and be a very wise person, because Saint Anselm is great at making their students spend a lot of time thinking and solving problems.

There really isn't anything that I would consider "bad" at Saint Anselm College even thoguh Saint Anselm uses a different grading policy than any other colleges which is grade iflamation. Eeven grade iflamation has a positive view to see it as because it does not urden us but rather helps us get the A only if the students deserve it. So, it makes us hard workers. I respect everyones opinions and I believe there are many students who would dissagree with me, neverthless I enjoy going to this college and nothing would make me change my opinions.

Smriti

St A is known for their food!!

St A is known for their food!!

If I could ever go back, I would definitely convince myself to study more and take more AP Classes. One thing that daunts me every night as I go to sleep in my college dorm is the regret of not taking any AP english classes or higher level writing classes. During my high school years I thought that since I am such a science nerd I am going to be majoring in sciences, hence i would only benefit from taking AP Chem and other higher level science classes. Nonetheless, it was my failure to notice the importance of writing back then. Now in college every single time my roommates are sleeping peacefully after only spending two hours writing for their paper, I lethargically gape at my computer screen at 3am as i write for my 12 page humanities paper that I started working for three weeks ago.

people are really friendly

Jacqueline

I would tell myself that I am going to be lonely, and that is normal. Once I get to school, I will be on my own with no true support system around. I would brace myself for the loneliness and say that it won't last forever because it is not that hard to make great friends at Saint Anselm College. Also, I would tell myself to focus a little bit more on school once I get there because an education takes you further in life than having a fun Friday night.

The worst thing about my school is their grading method; they practice grade deflation and it ends up hurting your GPA. But with hard work, achieving a good GPA is possible.

A hard-working person who isn't afriad of recieving a C. You need to be ready to make choices between having a life and doing school work.

VALERIA

Dear 17 year old Val, I know right now your biggest goal is to go to school far away from home, but it's really in your best interest to stay! You don't know what your major is or what school you want to go to, so why not just take your general education at Stan State and then transfer when you do know what you want to do? Choosing your major a year into community college will just slow you down! Staying home will make your parents happy, give you time to earn money, and give you a chance to really prepare yourself for the major you do choose (Psychology). You're a good student, and you deserve to go to a university. Really think things through, and don't make rash decisions when it comes to school-- you'll regret it in the long run. Don't waste a single minute! Believe in yourself and take as much help as you can get from whoever is willing to offer it, but keep up your hard work, both in school and at work. You'll survive, I promise. Love, 20 year old Val

Saint Anselm College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.