Saint Cloud State University Top Questions

Gina

=-=-=`=-``=

Gina

=-=-=`=-``=

Gina

=-=-=`=-``=

Most of the students drink here. A lot of them are friendly so they usually visit each other's dorms. I'd recommend getting a dorm for at least one year! It's a really great experience and tons of cool people to meet. On campus there are tons of events to go to. There are cultural nights and even some concerts. Opening weekend is the most fun! Rumrunners is a huge thing up here, but I would never go alone! It gets pretty "shady." Frats and Sororities don't play a huge part on campus except for when they are trying to get people to join at the beginning of the year.

Faisal

- All groups are popular, in one way or the other - I'm not in any group yet. - No, they lock them always - really popular, couple speakers visit, theater is great and athletics event are always on - they date a lot. - as a room mates. - probably to use restroom. - cultural nights happen each month/ couple in a year. - it depends, how much they want to involve in parties. - spent my weekend doing my homework. - go to movies, or video games for awhile - shopping, movies, etc.

Gina

The most popular groups on campus deal with diversity which is a big topic at the university, the LGBT community has many groups and hosts lots of events. Intramural sports are also extremely popular as well as other groups that get people active, our fitness center hosts classes and features a rock wall! Fraternities and Sororities do exist but students who are in them don't really hold a high status because their really not the most popular thing on campus. Most of the athletic events are fairly popular both with students and the community members. Hockey is by far the most popular of them all since we are a division 1 team that will soon be a member of a brand new conference and have a newly-renovated hockey center to play in! Theirs also free movie showings on campus on the weekend, and a bowling alley for entertainment. Speakers frequently visit campus as well and often talk about diversity or technology. I met my closest friends through my classes, and then meeting there friends outside of class, studying together in the library and attending athletics events together. Every year the school hosts welcome weekend to greet everyone back to campus and give new students a chance to get familiar with things. A brand new event is Celebrate! St. Cloud State, since homecoming was eliminated this event which happens 3 times a year showcases other events that are always held on campus. Another huge tradition is a Trivia Contest that the campus radio station hosts, it's one of the largest in the country and lasts an entire weekend, non-stop for 50 hours! If you were up late on a tuesday night at 2 am theirs a good chance you have an exam in the morning and are just leaving the library (cause that's what time it closes) or else you probably got addicted to some show and are having a marathon with your floor/room mates, and possibly even doing some late-night gaming. Last weekend my friends and I got together both friday and saturday and order food and watched our hockey team on TV then afterwords hung out at the house, drank a bit and played N64.