Saint Cloud State University Top Questions

If I were to go back and talk to my high school self i would have said that you need to learn how to make a schedule and then get in a habit of either writing down a to-do list or using a daily planner. Also I would make sure that my high school self knows that homework is going to take a lot more time and you get a lot more to do so plan around that. Basically the main thing i would have told my old self is that I need to learn how to be more organized and how to get stuff done.

Natasha

If I could return to my senior year, I would tell myself 3 things. First, I would tell myself to do more scholarships. I spent hours and hours doing scholarships, but there's never too many to apply for. Second, I would tell myself not to stress out so much about leaving for school. The transition seemed daunting, but it went much smoother than I could have everimagined. Finally, I would tell myself to keep working hard. Don't let myself get down on things that I can't change anymore, and move forward in all things.

Ellen

I would tell myself that I should take more of a variety of classes. I am undecided on a major and so if I would have taken some different classes, I might have been able to narrow down on a career that I would enjoy. I highly recommend for all undecided college students that they take a variety of classes.

If I were able to go back and talk to myself, I would make me straighten up my act my senior year. I would tell myself that even though it was senior year and I thought I was almost done with schooling up to that point, that I still had a long ways to go. I would have told myself that I needed to take classes seriously because they were the only things that were going to prepare me for my next level of schooling. If I would have known what I do now about college, I would have acted and would have been more committed to my schooling at the end of my high school career.

Elizabeth, I know this sounds weird but I am you in eight years. I know you have your mind made up on the military. It's a wonderful idea to protect the people who saved you as a baby. Here are some things I want you to be ready for while your away. You will have four nephews and a neice that you will never see grow up. Your foster father will have a heart attack. You are going to see the most beautiful places in the world and you will see the worst countries. You will help womens education in third world countries and you will help the orphans of AIDs victims in Ethiopia. You will have times where you have to take action that will haunt you. But I want to tell you that you are strong. I want to tell you to complete as much school as you can while you are active military. When you get out your body will be very broken. You can't see the physical wounds on me but something will happen and you wont be able to do things you can today. Don't take this life for granted. God bless.

Leauna

I would tell myself three things. One- stay up those extra couple hours to get the better grade, two- start building credit so I could have gotten accepted for private laons on my own, and three APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS. Better grades would of helped me recieve scholarships and get into my first choice school, and develop better studying techniques. Building my credit would of saved me a lot of headaches I endured getting denied from every private loan place with a cosigner. As annoying and time consuming as it may be apply for as many scholarships as possible, because that's FREE money for school.

I would let myself know not to wait before getting into the early biology courses so that i wouldnt have to take as long to get my degree finished. Also I woul dlet myslef know that it does get easier to handle and there is a lot of people that are willing to help, and not to wait to seek out that help.

Knowing what I know today about attending college, I would advise my past high school self to experience all in a healthy way. Volunteer as much as possible. Join clubs and organizations that help our world. Do not be afraid of the unknown. Do not stay in your comfort bubble. Converse with people who have opposite beliefs. Know that as strong as your beliefs are, someone believes the opposite just as strongly; and, when you believe in something so strongly, your mind becomes more closed. The more open you are to new experiences, the further you will learn and grow. Love everyone. Smile at everyone. Study abroad. Stay happy and healthy!

abby

I would tell myself to not let anyone hold you back. To get to where you want to be, you need to stay focused of your goals. I would also tell myself to make more time for family because, once you're away at college, you will miss them like crazy and will wish you spent more time with them. I would tell myself to save more money instead of spending it on clothes and eating out because once you're in college, you will automatically be in debt. Lastly, I would tell myself that mistakes are okay. They will happen along the way, but there's no need to deny they ever happened. You are only human, and no human is perfect. You will never get to where you want to be unless you learn from your mistakes. In able to learn from them, it is okay to make them.

Don't go to college until you know what you want to achieve, and are ready to work for it. Until then, you won't be ready to take full advantage of the incredible opportunities that spending four years on a university campus will offer. Once you're ready, go for it 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. It's important to get those A's, and it's just as important to get to know your professors. They're people, just like you, and they have the power to open doors and give you opportunities that you'd never even know about otherwise. Ultimately, it doesn't matter how smart you are. What matters is how hard you're willing to work. Build things. Make things. Meet people. Work hard. Take care of your body. Fill your brain with knowledge. You owe it to yourself to do these things, because when it comes down to it, this is the only life you get. Always remember these famous words: "The future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one!" - Dr. Emmett Brown

Neil

I would go back and tell myselft that I made the right decision and to not worry about anything. Lots of things have changed since I got to college. I moved from Texas to Minnesota and live in a small city instead of the 4th largest metroplex in the US. I knew it was going to be a lot that I had to adjust to and I was scared that it was all a mistake. I lived my entire senior year and the summer afterwards just hoping it was the right thing to have done. That I wasn't going to get up there and feel completely alone and homesick. I would tell myself that at first you may feel homesick but all that work you put into finding a school was completely worth it. You will eventually feel at home up there. You will have friends and awesome adventures. Just remember that everything will work out and you will feel awesome.

Tracanne

Listen my friend, you have what it takes to become educated. Your journey may not always be easy, yet it will always be worth your effort. Love yourself, be kind to yourself, always do your best and your life will be blessed abundantly!

If I could tell myself anything, it would be to find the balance between spending time with the people I love and working on the important aspects of my education such as homework, studying, and networking. I would also tell myself that it's okay if I'm not perfect and make mistakes. Bumps in the road will come, but it's how you handle them that matters.

shoua

If i had a chance to go back in time and give myself some advice's, i would tell myself to; save up money, apply for scholarships, take advantage of any opportunity that is offered, learn about the school and understand how the education system works and process. Joining multiple clubs, organizations and doing some volunteering work would also be some things i would suggest myself to do on my first year in college. I would tell myself to be active and involved in school so that i would have a better chance to utilize the resources that the school provides and to take advantage of the opportunities the school offers. Networking would also be something i would suggest to myself. Connecting with the school, professors and my colleague is a great way to start networking. Overall, I would tell myself that it is important to have a good understanding of where i should be and what i should be doing. Taking the chance to go over and understand how the education system run would save me a lot of time and a lot of money.

If I could go back into time and tell myself what I know now, I would tell myself to take classes in high school that will actually help me in college. Instead of taking just general classes, I would tell myself to take a course that will meet one of the goal requirements for graduation. I would tell myself to take Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) during my junior and senior year in high school since it allows students to take college courses for free. It would help me get a good head start during college and I wouldn’t have to struggle with financial problems. Also, taking college courses in high school will allow you to be able to graduate earlier when you enter college. I would tell myself that high school is fun and that you should make the best out of it but thinking about your future and going to college is more important, especially if you do not want to struggle in the future. College allows you to have fun but it teaches you to be more mature and responsible. Time waits for no one, so make the best out of it and use it wisely.

sheila

Knowing what I know now, I would go back and tell myself that I was a fool for not going to college after high school graduation. There were so many opportunities that I missed out on such as frat parties, falling in love, and the competiveness of other students. So far it's been the best experience I have ever encountered in my whole life. And challenges, I love even more and that's what college does to prepare you for the working field. The student body is great and the staff on campus are so friendly and helpful. So why was I so afraid to start college? Fear of the unknown and fear of failure. I choose not to live in fear any longer and it's better I start college now than to never get to experience college life at all. College is there to help you prepare your life and earn a degree which could lead to better employment opportunities. I have missed out on so much that I'm grateful now that I get to experience these life changes events. If I could do it all over again I definatley would have gone to college sooner.

Alynda

If I was able to go back to myself as a high school senior and talk to me, one thing that I would tell myself is to not be afraid of anything that comes at me. Take things by the horns and do the best every time a task or something challenging comes my way. This is because the only way to grow and be successful in life is to fail a few times and pick yourself right up afterwards. If you never make mistakes in life, then you will never keep moving forward. You will only be stuck in one place and as the same person for the rest of your life. I believe this is what I would tell myself, because when I was in high school I was afraid of taking risks. Thus, missing out on plenty of great opportunities that have come my way. For the rest of my life, I no longer want to keep doing that. I have changed significantly to learn to accept my failures and take the good instead of the bad from it.

Tou

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not take advantage of my freshman year like I did previously. That I should focus on my academics and less on my social life because in the long run, the academics go way ahead. I'd also tell myself that I made the right choice not going to University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee because I wouldn't have met these great people that I'd be meeting today. I'd also tell him that college wasn't what I wanted it to be at first and that it can be if I allow it to be. I would also tell him to enjoy the cafeteria food more often because I will miss it once I live in apartments. I would also tell myself to not worry about making friends in college because I'd be making plenty of friends for just being me and not anybody else.

Miamoua

As a high school senior, you’re going to feel the impossibilities. You’re going to fear having responsibilities and making difficult financial decisions. You’re going to feel the pressure and the uncertainty in every decision you make. You’re going to feel the stress and hopelessness in trying. You’re going to want to give up and say that you’re not ready to explore independence as a responsible college student. Mia, you’ve made stupid decisions as a teenager and suffered the consequences, but you’ve analyzed your mistakes and have made discoveries about yourself. Stay positive with an open mind when you take your first steps into college because you’ll discover more about yourself. My advice to you is to create a purpose, believe in it, work hard, and never let anyone crush it. Go to college, open your mind to the endless possibilities in store for you, and create that purpose worth living for. You might not make a difference and you might not make a change, but just remember that your voice, beliefs, and ideas are important to you, and that’s all that matters when you’re on the pursuit of happiness.

I would tell myself to branch out. As fun and exciting it was to go off to school with a great friend, it ended up negatively. I would encourage myself to study and try as hard as possible in my classes. While I got by without studying in high school, college is much more important and every action, or lack thereof, influences the future in unexpected ways; you'll kick yourself for not using your full potential. Lastly, I would tell myself to get informed about options. It's important to know what needs to be done in terms of generals, pre-major, and how to get things done as soon as possible. There will come a time when you'll realize you wasted time taking classes you didn't know you didn't have to take. Overall, enjoy; it goes by faster than you expect.

During the transition from high school to college level classes I didn't have much confidence in myself. I laid an inordinate amount of unnecessary stress upon myself during my first year of college. If I could advise my high school self, I would tell myself to take a deep breath and try my hardest to succeed. Nothing was beyond my capabilities, and there was no reason to cause myself that amount of unease. The classes and lifestyle were certainly different from high school, but nothing was beyond my reach. I hope that I'll continue to mature and navigate the different hurdles that present themselves throughout the rest of my college career. I'll continue to put my best effort into everything, but also realize that I'm not a perfect individual...my best is the best that I can do. With that in mind, my second year of college will hopefully be productive as well as stress-free.

Ka

Hi Ka Lia, I'm you from the future, only 1-2 year difference but I just wanted to let you know: When you go to college, make sure you do all your work and assignments, and if you're lost on something you don't understand-ask for help. There's going to be some real cruel people, but don't let that stop you from exploring because where there are cruel people, there are also kind and generous people. There may be so moments where you're having a hard time, but don't use those as an excuse and just over come the impossibilities and make them into possibilities. When great opportunities come to you or you find the opportunities that can benefit you from improving yourself, don't be afraid and just risk doing it. You really won't know until you try. Also, really prioritize what's important and what matters to you. Be the best you can be. You'll do great and be successful in this lifetime, I know it. P.S- I LOVE YOU!

taylor

Advice that i would give to not just myself but others would be dont stress to much about choosing what college, worrying about if you will have a safe and good environment for you to study and get your work done. choosing the college should not be a top priority just because there are community colleges that can help you move on in to the college experiences and help transition from going to high school to college, and help with if you would be wanting to move to a different state to help you grow up so you could eventually live on your own. On the other hand just worrying about if you will have a place to make sure you get your homework done or any other projects. Most likely the school will have a library also have academic labs with computer and reading help all sorts of help more that you even need. College is a big step but not to big that you should be intimidated by it. Just enjoy time and plan.

Mackenzie

Since I know that I cannot go back in time and wish I could follow this advice, I try to tell my younger friends and sisters this following advice all the time. College is a new atmosphere, especially with the routine that I have developed since I came to SCSU. Don't let the thoughts of staying up and out late every night take over your life. Although you are away from your strict parents and strict high school routine time, it is still important that you get your homework done and get enough sleep. Some of the new atmosphere of college is partying, but don't let it take over your life. Another thing I advise is to go out and make as many friends as possible. Most people aren't the same judgemental people you may have encountered in high school, and odds are a lot of your high school friendships will die out within the first few months of college. So go out and enjoy your time - college is the best time of our lives, but it is also important to graduate!

DO NOT FREAK OUT. It's not as bad as you think it is. You will make friends right away and will be more involved than you might want to be, but it's all good for you. You will become a more diverse person through this process and it will make you a more well-rounded person. Don't be afraid to do something you want to do, chase your dreams and never stop. And don't stress, because everything will work out in the end.

Tiffanie

I would go back and tell myself to stay focused and get through school and worry about my social life afterwards. I'd have said, "Tiffanie, your parents might be right 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the time, but that doesn't mean that they know what you should get out of your own life. Instead of slaving away for years in businesses that they own, embark on your own path and just keep trying things out until you find the right fit." I would also have told myself that what they say about going into business with your friends is true and that at 21 years old, you aren't ready to start one nor figure out who your true friends really are. I think my life experiences, even the bad ones, have been for the best ultimately because they've shaped me into the person I am today so a part of me wouldn't want to give any advice to myself, other than maybe... "Watch how much you are eating, losing weight is such a pain!!" or "WHY are you spending all of that money on a FESTIVAL?!?!"

Overall, I’m very happy with my college experience. However, if I could do one thing differently, I would not choose to start college at an out-of-state university. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself, “College is what you make it!” This statement contains two important points. First, the debt I have accumulated by spending a year paying high out-of-state tuition is going to affect me greatly after graduation. The student loan payments will likely delay my first home purchase, and force me to postpone starting a family. Secondly, what really matters in college is the work invested. Becoming a well-rounded, intelligent individual is what will provide future opportunity--not a fancy university name on a résumé. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to picture how my life will be after college. I would tell myself to take a personal finance course. I would tell myself that, to a point, it really doesn’t matter what university I attend, as long as I work hard.

Keri

I would tell myself to be more open to making new friends. Even though you are really close to your old friends and don't want to lose that closeness and connection to them it is okay to get to know new people. They will make your time at SCSU more fun and will give you a better experience and allow you to be happier and not rely on just a very limited few to entertain you and trust. If they are your true friends then no matter the distance or time you spend away from them, nothing will change and you will always have them to lean on and have fun with when you go back home or even just to talk to on facebook when you need to vent.

Terrence

I would advise my high school senior self that this is a time to challenge yourself to believe in your abilites; there will be many road blocks, but remember you do not have to navigate the path alone. A challenge is just a way that life pushes you to redefine preconceived limitations. There will be many negative internal and external voices that will try to discourage you from reaching your planned destination. If you feel it in your heart, then trust your instincts, but it is essential that you take the time to formulate a concrete plan. Jumping into difficult tasks without careful consideration of all the influencing factors will lead to wasted time. Do not be afraid to ask for help because you do not have all the answers. Use the resources that are available to you through your high school counseling department, and continue your work with the local park youth groups because the lessons learned in these interactions will form the blueprint necessary to pursue your ambition of becoming a physician. Always give your best effort, and the most important lesson is to never give up on creating that future world you keep safe in your dreams.

Cynthia

Take your first year in college seriously, and apply for grants. Don't go into college thinking that because many universities don't count your freshman year. It is just as important as your senior year in college, because it is the first step into preparing your life ahead of you. Sure, you're going to think it's easy because the teachers don't give you homework or check to make sure your studying, this is not high school. Make sure you study. It, also, can get expensive. It is important to apply for grants and scholarships early on, not last minute. If you follow this advice, you will be better prepared for taking the next step of your future.

College isn't as scary as you think. Just relax and don't get too stressed out. Stay with the idea of attending a community college and get your basic classes taken care of. College life isn't too different from high school. There is a vast age gap though, so don't freak out if you see some older people walking around campus. Just do what you do in high school. Go to class, study, and do your homework. Just because you are going to college now doesn't mean you have to become an adult, have some fun. -Future you.

ZAINAB

Start off with one goal and do not back down from it. Start and ended with a 4 year college or university is helpful, because you are doing your generals along with the classes with that are preparing you for your major. Rather then finish all your liberal arts classes and get an Associates from a 2 year institution then transferring over to a 4-year institution, even though it could save money to go to a 2 year institution.

I strated off college going to North Dakota State University last semester. I roomed with someone I knew, which I thought would be fine because we were decent friends. One piece of advice I would give my high school self would be to not room with someone I knew. Now that I am at St Cloud State and have a roommate I did not previously know, I am much happier and feel like I am better at socializing with people. I would also advise myself to go into college and think of it as a learning experience. It's true what people say: this time in your life is the time that you make mistakes, learn some lessons, and figure out who you really are. I would just tell myself to live it up and not worry about being perfect and especially to not be so hard on myself when I make a mistake; it's all a learning experience!

If it were possible for me to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have many words of advice for myself. The main point I would drive home would be “push yourself do your best.” I would tell myself “a college education is a precious investment. This is a time for learning and growth into adulthood. New and exciting things are to be experienced. Do your best in everything you do, work, play, school and life. Test yourself with your college classes and strive to be the best in the class. Endeavor to make the Deans List. Become active in clubs and organizations and assume leadership positions. Make working hard a ritual. In addition to school, push yourself to be a steward of the community. Volunteer and make a difference. Be your best physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Make good friends and make good decisions. Push yourself in everything you do, to do your best.”

Marlesha

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE MARLESHA! That's one thing I would tell myself as a high school senior. However if I had to give myself full advice about college life and making the transition it would go a little something like this..."College is a great learning experience so do not waste your time on silly things. You're there to learn. The first thing you must understand and adapt is do not procrastinate; it is a recipe for failure and stress. The most important key to success in college is to manage your time appropriately. Give yourself enough time to complete homework and give yourself enough time to study. Don't overload yourself with work it causes way too much stress. Avoid cram sessions, they don't work. Study ahead by making flash cards or join study groups. Make many friends because it is great to meet new people and you never know what you can learn from them. College is about exploring, expanding, and becoming who you want to be. 'Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid'-Basil King."

Karah

It has been a long time since I was in high school, and I've done a lot of living in those years. If I could go back and tell myself about transitioning to college, I would say DON'T WAIT! It is far more challenging to balance the demands of college life with a home and family to care for. It is also harder to get financial aid and to be involved in campus life. If I had it to do over, I would finish school when I was young enough to really immerse myself in it and enjoy the trip!

JohnChristian

If I were to go back in time and give an advice to my high school senior self, the best advice I could give him is to savor each moment of high school left, and to be prepared to be self-sufficient in many ways. In high school, I remember that I was really eager to finish secondary education because I thought graduating is the right of passage to adulthood. Due to that, I was not able to cherish the luxury of being in high school. Although one may find good relationships in college, everyone seems to be on their own and independent -from their family, teachers, College is more than attaining a higher education but is also about independence. What I miss about high school was the presence of my parents when I come home from class. I always feel relieved from the stress from class when I see my parents. Unlike high school, teachers don't really chase after you when you are in danger of failing. Although teachers are glad to help students, it is also one's responsibility to keep track of his grades. Being in college is one of the best growing experience I had.

As a senior in highschool I would advise you to take as many AP classes as possible, these will help so much when choosing colleges. As well as applying for scholarships. I didn't really spend the time doing so and now I am running out of money my first year. I think that in highschool you should do your very best to earn scholarship money, grants and apply for FASFA. I am not eligible for FASFA even though I have a single mother with one income.

Ivan

If I could go back to high school as a senior I would try to start off my year by getting in more activities and focus more on my work then usual. So far my college experience had been pretty good so far. I feel more responsible and mature then I was in high school. If I was in high school I would study more than I did and work more harder than usual. I would also try to be more responsible with my belonings. In college you have to keep your stuff organize and prepare for your classes so that it wouldn't be hard to find in high school I just had my belonings like in one folder, but now im in college so I got it seperate in each binder. So that it wouldn't be hard to find when I got my classes and prepare for class.

Veronica

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the only advice I would give myself is to do research. When I was a senior in high school I didn't understand how important and how big of a change college is from high school. I felt very unprepared for college when it came time to apply for schools. I would have told myself to go on more tours and set up meetings with the admission offices at schools. I would have taken my time deciding where I wanted to go to get my education instead of applying to the schools I have heard of in the past. I like where I ended up, but I wish I would have looked deeper and gone somewhere that I could have gotten the same or better education that I'm getting now. Overall, if I could talk to myself 4 years ago I would tell myself to take it more seriously and to do the research.

If I could go back in time and talk to Kyle Forbes as a high school senior, I would tell him that hardwork is worth it. I would send him the message about how hardwork is important to continue the journey of being a college freshman. He must realize that he would have to study more than he has ever studied in high school. The importance of finishing the school year with outstanding grades will get him noticed by faculty and staff in the college that he will be attending. How would he get to this point in his life? It consist of a continous work ethic of networking. I would tell him the saying, "It's not what you know but who you know." The more positive people in your network, the better your time at college will be. I would also tell him to spend his time at the library, studying, and to not be afraid to spend some extra time during the school day. He will have some time for entertainment and sporting events. These steps will earn Kyle Forbes a 3.85 GPA in his fall semester of 2011.

Sidney

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during my senior year of high school I would tell myself to stay focused. I have found over the course of my collegiate career that people lose sight of what they want out of their college experience and stuggle to find their way. It is easy to get distracted by small conflicts or issues that in a few years won't be important. The reason why we go to school is to learn and to find something we are good at so that when we leave our higher education institution we can find a job that makes us happy. I would tell myself to not let anything get in the way of my goals and to keep my eyes on the prize. It's important to not sweat the small stuff and to enjoy the experience. You only have one chance to make your college experience a good one, so make it count!

I would definetly tell myself to expect a wonderful and surprising journey. College is a place to start and take responsibility for yourself. After you enroll and are living in the residential halls, you are on your own. One of the best things is, is that you get to make your own decisions. You can do what you want to do, when you want to do it. Classes are extremely amazing. In college, you only get the grades you deserve. The harder you work, the better outcome you will get in your grades. College is a journey in your life you will always want to rememeber. You meet so many new people and start so many more relationships. College is like the start of a new beginning, you show people who you really are and they will like you for being yourself. In life all you want is success and the way to do it is to get yourself out there. Get yourself out in the world. Show people who you really are. Join organizations, become a part of community council, and most important of all, smile. The transition is wonderful and something you will always remember. Dont be afraid.

The advice I would give to myself first would be to save money. Saving money not only will help pay for some tuition, but would have given me the opportunity to take more studying abroad chances. I would have told myself to be prepared to accept people from different races, cultural backgrounds, and different backgrounds in general. I would tell myself that you will be able to have a social life and an academic life; you just need to find a healthy balance between the two. I would have told myself to apply to as many scholarships as possible because even $1 can help out in the long run. Also, I would have told myself that you don't need to be best friends with your college roommate; you can't be everyone's friend. The last thing I would have told myself was to never give up a great opportunity. College is the time to express yourself and try new things without being judged.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would say living at home is a privilege. Once you leave home you're going to miss it even more. Also, take as many college credit courses as you can that way you're not overwhelmed when you come to college. Going to college with your friends isn't necessarily a bad thing because then you know someone already and you won't get homesick as easily. I regret not going to a school with at least one of my friends because it was a hard transition and whatever you do, if you have a friend at your school that you know already try to get a room with them because it's better to room with someone you know and know how they live rather than living with a stranger. One last thing, don't be afraid to meet new people and do new things because that is what college is all about. Participate in whatever you can. More importantly, be yourself.

Khoi

Hey you. You know who I am. Listen to me very carefully. Senior year in high school will be one of your most cherished years. Remember that as you go to college because your social life will be tough at SCSU. Not living on campus will make it extremely difficult to make friends knowing how shy you are around strangers. Be sure to try to join any student organizations that interest you. If that does not work, keep in contact with your high school buddies. They will keep your spirits up and help you through the tough times. Do not be afraid to think that you will bother them, they will surely understand. It will also be hard to focus on studying and homework considering where you are going to stay during your time at SCSU. Try to ration your time, in fact get a job early. This will help you with time management issues. Do not regret not doing something when you had the chance. Take all opportunities that you can. Remember what your friend Benjamin would always sing from Monty Python's Life of Bryan, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to challenge myself as much as possible. Do not take just the easy classes so you can pass the class but rather take the more challenging classes and work very hard in all those classes. I would also tell myself to be sure your time management skills are extremely well. I thought those skills were fantastic in high school but when I came to college I was totally wrong about this. Also meeting more people while in high school and spending time with friends. Seems that now I do not ever have the time available to meet new people or hang out. In all if I could go back and talk to myself my senior year in high school I would say, take classes that challenge you, socialize with people more, and improve time management skills.

Kendra

If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to have a great time and enjoy life everyday as it comes. In high school, there is a lot more time to really focus on having fun and your friends. There is still class work that needs to be done, but it isn't anywhere near the amount of homework and studying time that needs to be put in for college. At the same time, I would tell myself to continue using my organization and studying skills because they really come in hand when you get to college. I would tell myself to really concentrate in class and study hard, but also take time to do fun things in life with friends and family. I would tell myself that life will seem busy and hectic at times, but I will get through it. I would tell myself to never give up and always push for what you believe in because if you put in the hard work, it WILL pay off in the future. Mostly, I would tell myself to live each day and each m oment completely with no regrets.

Alesha

Dear Alesha, Your senior year has finally arrived! Cherish this time of your life and always be hesitant to close the door on any grand opportunity. Keep working hard and striving for more. Temporary displeasure usually presents itself with a lasting satisfaction. Try your best to always remember that as you pursue your medical aspirations. Now I wish to tell you what you need to heed rather than what you may wish to hear. Do not waste away the days. You always have a golden opportunity to be learning and caring for others. Be ambitious and take action in what you desire to accomplish. College, your next journey, is no easy task and I wish for you to be readily prepared. Take each overwhelming and busy experience one day at a time and do so with enthusiasm. Learn to do this now so that you may carry it with you as you embark upon your next adventure. Practice habits of optimism and passion. It will make your college experience all the more beneficial. My final words are what the Lord has said, “Rejoice always.” Follow this commandment in your heart. Sincerely, Your future self P.S. look into more scholarships!

I would start by saying that college is the most important opportunity you have if you want to have a successful life. Life can pass you by very quickly if you dont take advantage of such opportunities. Nothing is handed to you, if you have a dream or aspiration you must work for it. Life can be fun but if you sacrifice your time and energy now your future can be anything you want it to be. Life is all about bridges and perseverance. You build bridges through communicating and networking and you perservere by getting up no matter what obsticles knock you down. Apply yourself and become a better man and then play hard. Life is all about fun but only after you put in the work.