Saint Edward’s University Top Questions

The lack of focused and dedicated career services staff. There was a token effort to 'help students network' but the opportunities were few and far between. I felt little to no support from my school when looking at the job market.

The price of food at the cafeteria.

Ayanna

The main cafeteria closes at 2:00 P.M. There are 2 additional dining hall areas on campus. The only thing is that they close for lunch at 2:30 P.M. but they reopen again at 4:30.

Joanna

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the regress writing assignments. St. Edwards University being a liberal art school really enforces the need to become a strong writer. I know that in discussing essay prompts between friends and myself I find that the essay topic given to us are far more challenging. Although, at time it may be frustrating to have to be constantly try to improve in my writing, I must admit that by the end of my first semester at St. Edwards University I have seen a drastic improvement in my writing.

Hugh

No Rugby pitch

Tonia

The cost of tuition.

Ellen

No one here thinks about the future or our impact on the planet. Very few people make the effort to conserve energy or recycle. My dorm fridge is full of frozen food. Sustainability is not very high priority for the staff or students.

Bridget

The most frustrating thing about my school is about how liberal it is. I don't have a problem with liberals, I just have a problem when everything is one sided and not both sides of an issue are presented.

Most of the students at St. Edward's University are not employed, so most of the professors assign coursework loads that are very difficult for employed students to handle. The professors do try to be understanding of the situation, but still actively suggest that students refrain from employment while attending the university. Additionally, there is a real sense of "keeping up with the Jones'" at this campus. Many students come from wealthy backgrounds (Mercedes, iPhones, Lofts, Blackberries, Louis Vuition, Spring Break in Europe.)

That I, being conservative, feel totally overwhelmed by my peers AND my teachers politically; both in the classroom and out of it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that there is something frustrating about my school, however I do wish that finals were optional! I think that I am a very busy person, but I chose biochemistry as a major so I have to be responsible for that. What's frustrating sometimes is the work load and the late hours I spend studying and taking 3 hour long tests. Also, I do not like the parking situation!

Naema

Having assignments due on the same day.

The gym is not very good, and they don't offer exercise classes at it.

Will

The current construction is somewhat frustrating with the noise and disturbance of the visual beauty of the school.

Parking!!! The parking garage is way too far away from the class buildings. Too hard to find a place close to class.

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about St. Edwards, is their price for food. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I feel the cafeteria over-charges for meals. Another thing I find annoying is the price for school books. I know this is probably something that all students face, but we're already spending so much money to go to a private school, and then you have the burden of the price of books on top of everything.

Lourdes

That It is sooo expensive and there never seems to be enough money for my tuition.

Campus Police and the administration cater to the wealthy. Whenever there is a security issue the administration defends the wealthier student. Security is NOT enforced. Allegations are NOT properly followed up on, and certain students are allowed to get away with anything. Campus Police needs to understand that all students have a right ot feel safe, and that any allegation should be checked out. No Contact Orders should be enforced with no exceptions, no if's, and's, or but's about it.

It can be very hard to make real friends, more than just aquaintences if you live off-campus. I suppose the main thing to be frustrated with is getting the funds to attend it, though most are paid for by the school.