Saint John Fisher College

« See more reviews of Saint John Fisher College

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the lack of female atheltic opportunites and respect for prospective female students. St. John Fisher College has an enormous football program, constituting approximately 5% of the entire undergraduate population. The male basketball, baseball, and lacrosse programs follow closely. Yet female athletes do not receive nearly as much respect from athletic trainers as their male counterparts, nor do they receive equal funding for athletic programs specialized for female athletes such as cheerleading, dance, and gymnastics. Both men and women possess equal athletic capabilities. Therefore, they should receive equal funding and respect.

St. John Fisher College lacks an exorbitant amount of diversity - espeically for it's proximity to the city of Rochester. There is less than 20% diversity on campus and I think it would be beneficial to all - students, faculty, and even perspective students and the community - if there were more diversity (racial, ethnic, religious, cultural, sexual).

The parking is terrible at St. John Fisher College. If you have a class that starts at 11 and you don't live on campus, you have to get to school at about 9am in order to find a parking spot. The school spent a lot of money on building a "welcome" center building... they should have built a parking lot there instead.

My school I feel is based around the football team and basketball team which makes the school more of a guy school. Even though I fit in very well with all the students on campus it was still awkward for people at times because they either weren't in a sport or were a girl.

The worst thing about my school is the difficulty to graduate on time. If you happen to fail a class or can't get into the one you want, there is little flexibility. Many if not most of the classes are only offered one semester or the other.

It is so small that word travels fast and everyone knows everyone elses business. Also it is so expensive which is hard when you're putting yourself through school.

There is absolutely nothing to do on weekends and you have to drive to get everywhere off campus.

The location of the school because nothing off-campus is within walking distance.

no school spirit