Palatka, FL
Saint Johns River State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Johns River State College

Trenecia

The advice i would give myself is to stay focus on your goals. Don't let anyone distract you, or discourage you, tell you that you can't do it , because you can do it. You are a smart bright young lady and you can do anything, and succeed at anything that you put your mind to.

Maria

My advice to myself would be to stay close to home and go to school locally. That life experiences will happen whether you live at home or go far away. I would tell that young girl to stay focused. Distractions come in many forms and that she does not have to be the person to try to fix everything. I would tell that girl that in order to succeed you have to persevere. That minimizing the down times and maximizing the up times are all possible not just in sports but also in academics. I would tell her that being well read is not enough, you must have a diploma; that a diploma will confirm that you have the skills to receive, process, and reconfigure information, as well as commit to a program from start to finish. I would tell her people do not have x ray vision and that completing school is not only going to show the outside world what she is capable of, but it will be an opportunity to be an example for her (future)son, so that he could see from her life the struggles of being degree-less and the benefits of having one.

The kind of person who should attend this school should have a real desire to learn and grow in the academic world. Plus anyone who needs a little help. Everyone I have been in contact with from the teachers to the office staff have been motivational and encouraging. Even if you are uncertain of what you want to do, it's a great place to start.

The instructors are my favorite part of the school. Each professor is perfectly suited to his or her discipline. For the first time I really understand Algebra, I am on fire for math. The teaching methods have changed over the last 20 years, and become more student oriented and SJRSC reflects this change admirably. I tell everyone what a great program SJRSC has for undergraduate studies!

Kayleigh

The opportunities that Saint Johns River Community College offers cannot be locally beat by any school in the local Jacksonville/Orange Park area.

My school offers benefits for living in the Clay County Area. They really care about each student by always making time for them whether is be about classes or financial information needed to make good decisions. I love that it's close to home too.

rachael

Saint Johns River State College is a very quaint local state college, which is inexpensive and a very good opportunity to transition into the college experience without having to leap into a large university.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would advise myself to focus harder during ,.my first semester of college. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA, top 10percent of my class, and plenty of Advance Placement, Duel Enrollment, and honbors classes under my belt. With already having taken classes at St. Johns River State College and everything else I had accomplished, I figured I had nothing to worry about when I enrolled in classes. I took four required core classes that are usually in the schedules of college sophmores, and my Grade Point Average suffered. After my first semester I was left with a 3.0 GPA. I knew then I needed to devote my time more direcctly to my studies and that is what I did my secong semster. Now my GPA is up to a 3.25, and I plan on continuing this improvement. But If I could have gone back to myself before I started college, I would have warned myself to start devoting myself to my studies in the beginning.

An individual who is used to large classes, a large campus, and a life style solely on campus.

Danielle

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would have a lot of advice to give. For one I would remind myself to live my own life and not let a man I thought I was going to marry control me and keep me from going to my dream school. Another thing I would tell myself would be to take as many dual enrollment classes as I possibly could so I wouldn’t have to worry about money as much and in turn gradate high school with more than 25 credit hours. Finally, I would remind myself to take it easy and not be to critical of my actions, mistakes happen, it’s human nature, and no matter what, there’s always room for improvement, and even if I fail, there’s always a chance to fix it and come out on top.

DONNA

The best thing about SJRCC is the small class size, and the individual attention by professors, counsling and financial personel.

What I have recieved from my college education is the self-confidence to face head-on all adversities. With my ASN/RN degree I have learned that life is precious, and that every day should be lived as your last. I have learned that every adversity is simply another chance to, do it again better than the last. I have learned while practicing as an RN that it's not the amount of words you say to somebody, but rather, the quality of those words along with the quality and quanity of your actions with others that make all the difference in somebody's life, including my own. All these lessons were learned while attending SJRCC and after practicing as an RN, because of SJRCC 's wonderful smal,l individualized Nursing program......Thank-you SJRCC...

The worst thing about SJRCC, is that the Nursing program is currently only offfered at 2 of the campuses. Both are quite a distance from my area.

Jason

My school has some amazing professors, their teaching is astounding and it works. Every professor has a different teaching approach, but they all seem to work fairly well, especially for being a fulltime online student. Somehow I have retained quite a bit of information from all of my classes this semester and I am a bit flustered as to how. I have heard that at universities often hundreds of people are in a room, it would be hard to learn if I was in the back; that is why I decided to go to SJRCC.

I would tell myself to go with my first instinct to pursue a bachelors degree majoring in business administration. I would tell myself to dump your girlfriend she is a waste of your time. I would have told myself to quit my Kentucky fried Chicken job and dual enrolled full-time at Saint Johns River Community College. I would also advise myself to continue to live with my mother, to not waste my money on useless stuff, and to buy a good car that won't break every five days. I would tell myself to be obiedient, to be thankful for what i had, and to believe in myself. I would tell myself to just focus on school work and apply for as many scholarships as possible. Scholarships are free money to help people to go to school; who says no to free money?Obviously, i did and it costed me a lot of money i could have saved. That was my biggest mistake to not have applied for any scholarships.

A college education is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Wait on marriage and kids until you have at least a four year degree. Even if you decide to change careers later, you will already have a lot of your schooling already done. You gain so much more from going to school than just the degree. You also learn about life, where your strengths are and how to make your weaknesses stronger. You may make new friends that may become friends for life, and you may meet teachers you will treasure for life as well. College is so much more than an education in a chosen major, it is an education in life. Just do it.

That the class selections and times available are limited compared to a bigger school. That they do not have as many online classes as I would like.

Someone who lives in the area and is going here for the convenience.

erica

Some classmates are WONDERFUL, they are your best buddies and study partners and others are MUCH older but act MUCH younger.

Erica, hows it going? Well I'm Erica from the future.. I have SO much to tell you about, but I only get less than 200 words so I will just tell you a little something about your college life. You do amazing! So don't worry, you make straight A's; until your run into macroeconomics, but thats just a small bump in your road. You will get into the nursing program on your first try. Your first semester will be a tough one and your going to run into people that are not the nicest of the bunch. They will try to hurt your and break you down and ruin your future but be strong and remember how smart and succesful you are and that where ever you go people will try to bring you down because they have allowed themselves to be brought down. So keep your head up, shoulders back, and a smile on that pretty face because you will change lives, give others hope, and make our mom so proud. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, RUN to it when you get the chance! AND stay away from your next boyfriend.

Because the nursing program is so new, they seem to be still working out a few kinks. And during the fall and spring semesters the parking is worse than the mall around Christmas time.

Saint Johns River State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.