Palatka, FL
Saint Johns River State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Johns River State College

Joel

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to keep your eyes in your books and off the girls. I feel if i would've been in my books more i could have got straight A's and got a scholsrship to college.

The worst thing about Saint John's River Community College i would have to say the doors could open a little earlier in the morning. Those students who get their early hav to wait out side in chilly weather.

The other students are firendly. St. John's teachers are very nice and their teaching is very good. The viking center is a very relaxing to be after class.

Madline

My classmates are kind, familiar, and outgoing usually.

My classmates are kind, familiar, and outgoing usually.

We are known for having very friendly and welcoming campuses.

Well I have a unique perspective of senior year. I began dual enrollment at SJRCC as a junior in high shool, of which i was homeschooled. When I was a senior all my classes were college courses. I didn't really have an opportunity to know anything else besides that college enivironment since I didn't get to experience the typical public high school environment. My senior year i still went through some awkward transitions: growing up, finally becoming an "adult" (as if turning 18 makes me more grown-up somehow) and beginning to make mature, life-changing decisions about my future. If I could go back and give myself some kind of advice at the beginning of senior year it would have been this, "Ignore your severe case of 'senoritis'. Have fun but don't forget to take this seriously. What you do right now in these momets will affect your future goals, educations plans, and career."

Colleen

Take care not to lose yourself inside of these colorful walls- you may never be able to find yourself again.

Flamboyant performers put on facades while the quiet fine artists hide behind their canvas'.

You about to embark on a life changing experience. Here's the break down of college life with the help of the clever Dr.Seuss. Stage One: You arrive to your new location. You suddenly make all your own decisions and while this can be overwhelming, remember, "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose." Use what you know to make your choices. Stage Two: Everything is so different. You are surrounded by kids just as eager, excited, and scared as you. Dr. Seuss tells us, "From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere." Of course, everything is so interesting and new. But, be careful because he also says, "If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." Have fun, but make good choices about how you decide to have fun and the company you decide to keep. Stage Three: You find out why you're here. To find you. To discover life, and it's meaning to you. "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

My school is unique because of the closeness in the student body. Because it's a community college in a smaller town, most of the students have known each other for years. Everyone gets along, study groups and group projects are common. The atmosphere on campus is very friendly and positive.

If I could go back in time to talk to my highschool self, I know exactly what I would say. There's actually not much about my college experience so far that I would want different. I would tell myself not to worry and stress out about getting my degree. I worked hard to make it happen, and everything worked out. Now, granted, not everything happened as planned,nothing ever does, but it turned out even better!

The worst thing about my school is the course listings for each semester. Since it's a small community college, the basic classes for your AA degree are offered again and again. There are enough classes offered in two years to get your degree, but there isn't a lot of choices for your elective credits. The proffessors are willing to work with you though, and I've taken a few classes that were offered by the proffessors upon student request if we could recruit enough people.

Cindy

I think that the school is best known for its theatrical arts department. Not to long ago they built a huge theater building in the back of the campus just for the arts. I personally have not been inside the building myself but I hear that it is something to brag about.

I know as a sixteen year old you are not worried about your future. But try to think, what kind of job will you be able to enjoy if you only have a high school diploma or a G.E.D and how will that job to be able to support you. I hope you realize that you can't depend on your parents always being their for you. Yes it is difficult having to deal with your peers in class and everybody wanting you to go out; however, you are still young and you have your twenty's to look forward to. Try to just get your education out of the way and the rest will fall into order for you. Just think how much you will enjoy going out and having your own car to ride in and your own place to come home to. No more living by mom and dads rules. You made it !

A type of student that is dedicated to their education and has a very strong will power to study very hard. The professors make you earn your grade and exspect for you not to be tardy and to always be in class. As a student you must not procrastinate on preparing yourself for exams or for any projects that are due.

College life is a lot harder than I expected. It's not that the work is harder but it's the fact that your on your own and you have no one there to hold your hand. You have to be determined and set your own schedule to make sure you make the grades you need. I never thought it would be so hard to go to school and play softball. But work hard and stay focused. No one can take your degree away but you have to earn it.

Marlon

Talking to myself as a high senior I would advise myself to take my senior year more seriously than I did. Even though I made A's and B's I still would goof off. College is no place to play around but to get serious about your education and staying focus by all means necessary. I would also tell myself to prepare better and develop good study habits. Meaning found things out about the college I'm about to attend, take a tour of campaus, and get familiar with some of staff like your counselor. also, get into a habit where you have a certain amount of time to study for each subject. Once you start your first day make the best of everything, take every oppurtunity to acheeve your goals, and don't forget to make everlasting friends to share your college life moments with.

I believe all people should attend our school. Learning is for all people and should not have a limit to certain kinds of people. You can never have too much knowlegde because you learn something new everyday no matter who you are. Only people who have a negative outlook on school should not only attend our school but any school at all.

It's kind of hard to say because I 'haven't found anything too stressful or frustrating. The only thing that might upset me from time to time is not understanding somthing in class or a homework assignment. But I always can count on one of my great teachers to take the time out to help and explain to me whatever it is I'm not understanding then all my frustration is gone.

Marlon

They are fun outgoing people who like to be around one another.

They are fun outgoing people who like to be around one another.

I would advise myself to prep better for college as far as taking college classes (dual enroll) and study my material from front to back making sure I know and understand whatever it is I need to know.

Enough students don't interact within the school as far as programs compared to a university. Most students just come to and maybe socialize a little bit and then leave and come back if they have another class later on.

I would decide to transfer to Palatka High School so that I could attend high school classes within walking distance of the college. That way, I could have taken free dual enrollment classes at the Palatka campus of Saint Johns River Community College. I also would have sought college prep courses at PHS to better prepare me for college. I have been overwhelmed with the reading I have to do as part of my college courses, and some college prep courses that PHS had that Interlachen High School (my high school) did not have may have better prepared me for college reading.

How hard the courses would be, and that dual enrollment courses are free.

Sapphire

My school is a very intimate and close environment. Because it is smaller than other colleges I have considered, it is much more easier to socialize and communicate. The tight community between students, teachers, and counselors is stronger because of the school's size and this helps with me personally because of the great support I receive in the classroom and in my decision making.

Dear Senior, There is no need to stress out or over burden yourself. Everything might feel like its coming to fast, applying for scholarships and looking into schools. But don't breakdown if it feels like too much, you have more time than you think. Life is going to come in small steps at the end of this year and that overwhelming feeling consuming you will disappear. You'll even think how silly it was to get so worked up. So just enjoy this last year of high school! You will discover yourself in due time, but now just relax.

Knowing what to expect from a school is always helpful, but before I had started college at St. Johns CC I only wish that I would have been absolutely sure of my career path, as I am now. That way I could have better prepared myself with what classes to take, and what university would best suit my education when it comes time to transfer.

Saint Johns River State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.