Patchogue, NY
Saint Josephs College-Suffolk Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Josephs College-Suffolk Campus

Ciara

It’s a small school more room for personal relationships with students and teachers. The faculty staff are great and make you feel like your education is everything to them as well as yourself. My grandmother went to this college almost 60 years ago and she said that it was the best experience ever I choose it because she turned out to be a very successful and smart R.N who then became a DON. So if St joes paved a wonderful path 60 years ago I believe they are 10 times better at pathing the path to success in 2018

Giulia

I love the campus. Everyone here is friendly and you always have someone holding the door for you and saying thank you. I have never seen any bullying on campus and the staff truly wants you to graduate in 4 years. They DO NOT want you to spend more money than you have to. The people here truly care about you and everyone is willing to help you even if you do not know them. Saint Josephs College is the best choice i've ever made.

angelia

My classmates are all very similar, most of us are the same ethnicity and have similar personalities.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to see a psychologist. Why? Because it's their job to cousel you and help you understand youself better. Throughout my senior year, as well as the last two years in college, I have been really lost on which career to choose. People kept telling me to "go with my passion". Although I am passionate about a few things, including reading, art, yoga, and traveling, I had no idea how I could formulate a well paying, well respected career out of those things. I choose Child Education because I come from a family of teachers. I knew deep down this is not my passion, but I didn't think I had any other options. If I had paid attention to myself more, I might have chosen Communications/Journalism studies instead. I daydreamed about the current events in the media and always kept myself updated on the latest headlines. So my advice is that passion doesn't always slap you in the face. Take more time to think about yourself and don't rush into the rest of your life.

The people at the school are very nice and the classes are actually fun.

Kimberly

First and foremost I would emphasize the importance of getting a college education. Specifically explaining that while back in 1994 there were many occupations that you could obtain without an advanced degree, this would not be the case in the millenium. Secondly, I would ask my 18 year old self to try and develop better study and note habits. I don't feel that my High School experience prepared me for the independent learning that College ultimately required. Typically my High School teachers would post all of my notes on the board and I would obediently (at times) copy them down per perbatim. I wasn't prepared to listen to a lecture and tune in to what the key components were. Additionally, my teachers would provide me with a summary sheet of exactly what would be on an upcoming test or quiz. Needless to say I was lost when I attending my first semester and had to pay attention, try to comprehend the lesson overall, and ultimately identify the key areas to study. Overall, the conversation would be to stop focusing on boys and focus on your future. You have no idea how essential and rewarding an education can be!

I am attending this fall as a tranfer student. No input yet.

Matthew

Dear high school me, Get used to writing, because you're going to be doing a lot of it., but eventually you're going to get really good at it. Make sure you raises your hand and ask questions if you're lost or if you have an interesting point to make. Don't worry about your major. Choose liberal arts and take electives to figure out what to major in later. Don't worry too much about making friends. You'll find people as long as you're willing to open up a little like introducing yourself or asking for help. You're going to learn that there are all kinds of people out there. Some of them are a lot marter and more motivated and some of them are not. Don't worry though, just focus on what you are. Visit career services right away., they're really helpful no matter what year you're in. Try to get a work study position to earn money and work experience. If you join a club and it doesn't feel like the right fit, don't give up, just keep trying clubs, or maybe even start your own!

Small wheelchair accessible campus, financial aid, great full time faculty, great campus life/activitites, hardworking staff especially career services.

Meghan

My classmates are smart, attentive, outgoing and easy to get along with.

My classmates are smart, attentive, outgoing and easy to get along with.

My school is best known for their education program and accounting program.

The advice I would give myself in high school would be to not procrastinate any paper in college like I did all throughout high school. College is a lot harder than high school so you need to be on top of your work at all times so you don't get caught up in the end and stressed out that you have too much to accomplish at the end of the semester.

KELSEY

Free food and entertaining events on campus.

Free food and entertaining events on campus.

I would tell myself to not let my guidance counselor pressure me into applying to schools that I knew I didn't want to go to. It only gave me more grief when actually choosing my school.

The community that is created on campus. SJC is like a family.

Selma

A diverse and very accesible college offering various opportunities personally and academically to improve your outlook on life .

The most valuable lesson I've learned is that you can never have enough knowledge. There is always going to be something else that you can discover around the corner. The possibilities are endless if we just look. I have learned more than I expected and my goals have been refined and made clearer because of it. My hope is to get my degree and continue on my life adventure with confidence that all I have learned will lead me to bigger and greater things. I will look to forward to adding more lessons along the way by partaking of St. Joseph's extensive selection of coursework.

Anyone interested in moving forward in their life. Whether getting a 4 year, 2 year, certificate or just learning something new St. Joseph's College will help you find the right course of action. This faculty will help you through every thing you need. Gaining more knowledge will make you feel better and energize your life and put you on a path of success, personally as well as financially. Taking that first step is all you need to do.

Michelle

Some are friendly while others are reserved but most of them are willing to offer their support and advice.

My school is very small and intimate and the class sizes are a lot smaller compared to other schools so there are more chances for one on one help and assistance from professors and they're always willing to help and answer any questions personally.

My college experience has enabled me to get a better understanding of the external environment and has taught me values in order to ensure that I make the right decisions for myself in the future. Not only have I gained the knowledge I need to enter in the field of my choice, by I have learned how to lead by example and how to work as a team with others. Attending college offers a chance to explore diverse opportunities and to have experiences that may not be available once I enter into the working world. Looking back, I do not regret my decisions for attending college because I have been able to make great friends in addition to expanding my education and my personal growth. In the beginning I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do with my life but going to college teaches you that it's ok to make mistakes and it allows you to discover who you are and who you want to become.

Rebecca

My classmates are very bubbly, happy to be here, studious, focused, and dedicated.

So far I have become more confident in who i am and have shed who i was in high school for the better. I am more open and trust people more and am my own person. It has been valuable to attend because this environment is so nurturing you never want to drive home!

I wish I had known how easily this college prepares you to enter it, I would have been a lot more relaxed on the first day if I had known how ready I was!

Saint Josephs College-Suffolk Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.