Saint Joseph’s University Top Questions

Its location relative to center city Philidelphia and its unique marketing opportunities.

The same as was said above. The campus life and the location. Saint Joseph's is all about community. Whether it's taking a Student Union Board trip to a Phillies game, a mass filled with and led mainly by students, a lacrosse game on the main Finnessy Field, a Battle of the Bands night, or a Community Day where everyone is out running activities for our neighborhood elementary schools. As corny as it may be, SJU Hawks are what are slogan says. Our school is "Not for Spectators."

traci

the community. The feeling you get when you step onto SJU campus.

I guess the atmosphere and spirit surrounding the sports team, namely basketball.

The campus is small, yet close enough to the culture of Philadelphia

If you are involved in a lot of community service organizations early in your freshman year, you will meet a lot of people with like interests.

Close to a major city without being IN a city, amazing administrative staff for the most part. It's easy to get help when you have a problem or don't understand something in terms of registration, course selection, choosing a major, etc.

The campus is in an urban AND suburban setting. I love it!

christopher

my scholl is just the right size and offers many unique majors like food marketing

My school is unique compared to others I considered because it has the greatest school spirit I have ever seen. Saint Joseph's University supports their varsity sports teams and cheers them on no matter what, win or lose. I will lose my voice at basketball game cheering on my fellow classmates and not be alone in the stands but rather surrounded by thousands of screaming fans with paint covered faces. Walking out of the fieldhouse on campus after a baskbetall game you will see smiles and hear the most defiant cheer in college sports "The Hawk Will Never Die!"

Emmerson

SJU IS AMAZING!

Thank god david the caf worker got fired, he was a pervert

I got the chance to take part is a summer study tour program with St. Joe's where I went to Greece for a month with 2 professors from St. Joe's and about 20 students. It was the best experience of my life and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering St. Joe's. It was the perfect option for me because I am going into teaching, and that meant that I had to do the majority of my classes in the United States to fit with state standards. Many of my friends got to do entire semesters abroad, but because I couldn't this was the absolute next best thing. St. Joe's has a connection with a Catholic church on Syros, a small island amongst the Greek isles. I met the people who are now my closest and best friends, and I have the best memories of my life from that trip.

St. Joe's is the perfect school for kids who want "city school" that you don't need to take a subway to get to class and are still looking for that closeness of a private suburbian school...basically. That's what I was looking for and it turned out perfectly.