Saint Leo University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Saint Leo University

Blair

EXTREMELY POOR! I had to drop a class due to a medical issue, which the student policy and faculty allowed with little friction. I had a second documented issue, and only attended class for a week. The school is holding my transcripts and refusing to allow me to register despite appeal, after appeal, after request for more documentation, after speaking to different people/offices (nearly 100 times) FOR 18 MONTHS! The school is demanding 2000 dollars for a class that could not attend, so I gained NO BENEFIT, NO EDUCATION, and I cost them NOTHING! This is akin to unjust enrichment. It is beyond absurd. The dysfunction and lack of communication is utterly exasperating. DO NOT EXPECT COMPETENT ASSISTANCE! This is suspending my entire life, and I should have finished the program, long ago. I have lost income, quality of life, and opportunity, but gained frustration, stress, and unnecessary strife. I cannot stay, but I cannot move on, either. GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Amelia

Saint Leo Univerisity is a great university with flexible adult learning programs to fit the needs of an adult learner. They offer evening and weekend degree programs at extended campuses across Georgia and Florida with discounted tuition rates. They are a military friendly institution.

Andrew

The undergraduate program is fantastic and the experience of living on campus is great. But do not take their online Master's program. The professors are bigots who think they are God despite you being already educated and in the working field. They only thing they care about in the MBA program is how well you can write in APA format. They offer zero feedback on the actual content itself and only ridicule your writing skills. I was learning absolutely nothing from this program that would advance me in my career. Do not waste your money here.

Juwan

It’s a great school for online learning.

Lisa

I have been a student at Saint Leo University since 2017 and have very much enjoyed my time there. I have obtained my Associates Degree and am currently working on my undergraduate in Psychology. My professors have been astounding and provided me with a wealth of knowledge that I have never received anywhere else. I always recommend SLU for anyone looking for a great and affordable school.

Stephen

I tranfear to a real college. The teachers reallyh don't carry about the students. The financail aid office sucks: so does the disability office. If you wanted to be treated like a two year child, then you need to come this college. On the other hand, if you wanted to be treated like a gound up; then you need to to another college.

Stacey

its a wonderful school overall because they really care about their students. they have a large number of on-campus activities so that students have time to relax. during finals week they take extra care for their student by having events to relax students and opportunity to get help studying when needed.

Jason

I used to take sit down classes at the beginning but they did not fit my schedule. I then changed to taking online classes for the last school year and the flexibility is exactly what I needed for my busy work schedule. The classes are easy, usually fun, and rewarding.

Simone

Saint Leo is the school that abruptly grasps your attention with its beautiful scenery. But once you begin living the life as a student on their campus, you see what Saint Leo really is. Its nothing but a school of monotonous individuals; there's just not enough excitement.

Tangelera

I had an awesome experience at SLU. The staff are always friendly, and ready to assist. I enjoy the small and online class setting. This made attending school much more convenient.

Brianna

I can't imagine going anywhere else! The campus is beautiful, the professors are amazing, and the students are friendly. There's always something going on and something to do. The class sizes are small and you can therefore become more familiar with the professors which is something I find incredibly important. I just love everything about it!

Cordell

Saint Leo is the place I've always wanted to go and I feel at home away from home. The community is both friendly, safe and an amazing place to be and grow. They have ROTC, a military liaison for needs and questions I may have and as well as a support group for students struggling with certain assignments.

Deirra

I love my Saint Leo! You really do love the person that you become! The professors are great, if you ever need help ANYONE and EVERYONE is readily available to help assist you. (Take advantage of the learning lab.) Also, there are plenty of things to do on campus...GET INVOLVED!!

Alycia

Saint Leo University is an amazing college. It isn't a big party school, but it offers things that bigger universities can't. The class sizes are limited to 25 students even at the freshmen level. This allows for a lot of one-on-one with professors and they care about your future. The school pays for students to attend conferences and even gives maxi-vans for the students to use. There is a lot of campus jobs to apply for and everything else you need is no more than 30 minutes away. We do pay an activity fee, but we get super discounted tickets to do things off campus such as deep-sea fishing, swimming with manatees, Sea World, Disney, food for thought, and concerts. There is always something going on. There is also a lot of giveaways, bingo, and events. Even more importantly, there are career events that help teach students how to create resumes, ace interviews, and make connections that can open new doors and last a lifetime. Once a student becomes a junior or a senior, they are given the opportunity to have an internship at the school or in the local community. The college has strong ties with many businesses and alumni that help students get the experience they need to be successful. Saint Leo also has graduate school events that can help students with their graduate applications and personal statements. The writing lab can review papers and give advice on how to make it better. I honestly love my college and will be sad to graduate this coming April. This was an experience like no other.

Cheryl

Saint Leo University is a wonderful university! I completed my degree fully online as an active duty military member. The online professors are always very knowledgeable and available when I needed help and were generous about considering extensions when I needed them. My professor for my capstone class would actually call me once a week to ensure that I didn't have any questions on my homework. The academics were very interesting, and the students always are always engaged and provided intelligent and interesting insight on the subjects we were learning. The online website is extremely easy to use as well, from the administrative site to the actual blackboard site. I would return to Saint Leo University again!

giulia

I didn't visit this school so coming in here, I was coming in with online reviews and pictures. So here's a summary about Saint Leo. It's a VERY catholic school, we have monks and nuns on this campus, so don't be surprised if you can't do certain things or get certain things approved. The campus is small and beautiful and there's about 2,500 kids, so if you like small environments, this school is for you. The food is a hit or a miss, more of a miss, they try, but i'm a picky eater so maybe that's why i'm complaining about, but so do other people. The teachers are interactive and they do care about you and your grades. Your counselors and success coaches will make sure you're taking the right classes and keep you on track, so you will always be taken care of in that sense. This school is cliquey, everyone has their group of friends. We're a D2 school and we're ranked #2, so the athletes here, take everything seriously. This school is very diverse, you will see every race and every country here, literally, I've met international kids from Brazil, France, Jamaica, Belgium, Poland, etc. People here go to bars and clubs in Tampa which is about 40 minutes away, we're in the middle of nowhere, know that now! We have fart parties every now and then, the party scene isn't the best unless you go out. Overall it's a 3 for me. I don't really know whether I love it or hate it yet.

Saint Leo is the perfect university for someone who is trying to find themselves. They don't force you to believe, rather encourage you to think and feel a certain way on your own. They offer flexible class scheduling for the busy life students!

Thalia

I love it here. But I think it really depends on the person and what you're into. At this school, you are able to focus on school mon-thu/fri, and then party on the weekends. We're also located in like a small area so that is something that you either like or you do'nt. Personally, I like it because I come from a big city, and because it makes me focus. Overall, campus is beautiful and academics is great. There is always something happening on campus/off campus.

Fallyn

I love Saint Leo and the overall atmosphere. The campus is beautiful and refreshing to be on. The class size is pretty small, and most of the teachers are up to help students whenever. I don't live on campus, but I have heard that the newer apartments are pretty fun to live in. Overall, I wouldn't want to go to a different school because Saint Leo is the perfect fit for me!

Emmers Phills Ronaldao

it's a great university. Saint-Leo give the necessary skills, leadership skills, ability to research with great teacher. Be admitted to Saint Leo is already happiness, get a degree in Saint Leo is the greatest gift that Heaven can give to a student.

Celine-Deon

Saint Leo has a very beautiful campus. It is very small and homey. The class sizes are small, therefore students get more attention and get to have more deep and meaningful discussions. The teachers are very helpful and are always enthusiastic about making sure you understand the material. Campus life is also very vibrant. There is always something going on.

Piper

I love the environment of Saint Leo University and how the campus is so beautiful. I have met some of the professors and I can already tell they are there for the students! I wouldn't have chosen to go to play lacrosse next year at Saint Leo if I didn't think it was for me.

Kimberly

I think Saint Leo University is a great school for people to meet new people since the school is so small in size. The professors at SLU are every helpful and are always doing what they can to help you out. The people that attend the school are all so welcoming and very friendly. Everyone knows each other which it really does grow a community at the school. At Saint Leo there are different activities that happen to keep student engagement such as bingo nights and big game events. Overall I think this school is a great fit for someone who isn't as outgoing and is really looking for forever friends.

Cressy

Saint Leo is a small campus where people are very friendly, professors interact with students and where community means a lot. At Saint Leo you will always find someone to help you or someone who is ready to be your friend. There is no discrimination no matter the color, race, or ethnicity. We are like a big family.

Kassandra

It is safe and the food is great. You also learn a lot, and it fun. It looks like you can easily get financial aid. The classes are small and students are always there to help you out or to help you get around the campus. Parents are always welcome to visit.

Michaela

Saint Leo is a quaint small campus in Central Florida.It is an hour and a half below Orlando and half an hour from Tampa. The financial aid is great but I feel like for the price. Our food should be better the cafe open longer and our dorms higher quality. The freshman ones at least. Great classes and class size though.

Lisa

I wouldn't attend any other college for my degree! I love it here!

Gerald

Saint Leo stood out to me because of its strong military commitment to provide education while understanding the military psyche between the men, women and family members who serve. Bearing that internal connection to the Armed Forces helps provide the course geared towards the mindset geared within the fighting forces, providing the game-plan for a successful path while continuing to serve and while also stepping out into the civilian sector.

Latasha

Saint Leo university is a great school to attend. ALthough it can be very pricey because it is a private school, the small school environtment makes it very easy to call it a second home. The only thing i would make sure of that it is affordable for you to attend because if you do decide to transfer some of your credits may not transfer over depending on how many classes you take.

Nicholas

I think it's a fantastic school with a small campus, great staff, beautiful environment, and intellectual professors. They're very accommodating to all reasonable needs and while they're a catholic school, they're very tolerant to all faiths, ethnicities, and cultures.

Francesca

The school itself is very beautiful, and the class sizes are good. The professors are helpful and are able to meet with you and help you if you require it. While it is a little out of the way from stores, I personally like that it's secluded. There are plenty of activities to do on campus including paddle boarding on the lake.

casey

Saint Leo is a great school and i love the fact that i can do my classes online through live web classes because this was imperative due to my schedule. The cost to attend graduate school at Saint Leo is very affordable and this is important to me because i otherwise would not be able to afford to go to school. the programs are flexible and there several paces offered so you can choose what pace will work for your life. Saint Leo is truly concerned for its students and their needs. I love my school.

Kaylie

My overall opinion of Saint Leo University is that it is a great school overall, from there academics to the sports and clubs they have on campus, are absolutely incredible. Everyone there is so friendly and nice, you will feel very welcomed. I can't wait to start in the fall and be a lion so I can participatein all the activities.

Cassandra

A great school with a lot of on hand professors that help guide you to the process of the course outline and are there for any questions, that you may have. The campus is very beautiful and the food is great. I like the way the campus looks and the friendly people, as well.

Nicolette

My school is a family! We learn together , grow together, and persevere together! Not once have I felt untrustworthy of anyone on my campus. The amount of opportunities present at my school are overwhelming. There is never a door you cannot knock on.

Daniel

o begin with, my time at Saint Leo so far has been wonderful. The class sizes are perfect to where the teacher actually knows my name and I am not just a number in a class of 400. I can email the teacher whenever I want to and they will be ready to help me in any way possible. Next, on campus, I am given the opportunity to work on campus to help me with my tuition and other personal financial needs. As an Athletic Department Associate, I get the privilege to set up all sporting events on campus for the teams to show their talent and for fans to cheer on their Saint Leo Lions. The job also allows me to meet new people and work with some of the top names at the school which helps me to make connections for future opportunities. To continue, the events on campus give the university life which I enjoy every time I attend. They show that here on campus the Student Activities Board (SAB) likes to have fun and give students wonderful experiences. The SAB is in charge of the on-campus events like Movie Night, Orientation, Bingo Night and more. Many students have won the likes of air pods, game consoles, bedsheets and many other useful items from the events set up by the SAB. In addition, a great way for students to have fun off campus is through the Campus Activities Board (CAB). They arrange all a multitude of discounted off-campus activities. For example last semester I took a trip to Hollow Scream a high priced event for only 14 dollars. Transportation was free and I was able to enjoy the full experience at Busch Gardens. Another great opportunity was going to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers game for 11 dollars and a free movie trip. CAB is a great way for students who don’t like to stay on campus and wish to go to places they have never been before. Furthermore, I love the way that Saint Leo has buses that take students to places they need to go. Whether it is Walmart to buy groceries, the outlets to buy new clothes or the airport to travel. It shows that the school cares about the students and their needs outside of academics. It shows that they want them to have fun. Also, there have been many opportunities to network at the school, through my job I am in contact with people that work at Lake Jovita, sports team, and officials around campus. Also the clubs and organizations on campus I am able to connect with many different people representing different values and mission statements. This helps me gain skills and attributes to go into life and function. Being has taught to even more how to carry my self in the business world and how to look at the world in general. In conclusion, my time at Saint Leo has been wonderful and I’m glad I chose this prestigious institution.

A great place to sharpen your mind and try new things. There are so many clubs, fraternities + sororities, and events to get involved in that it can be overwhelming. Depending on your major, you may not be work ready upon graduating though so make sure you find a good internship or part time job in your field of interest which can be supported by a diploma. The library is your best friend and librarians are delighted to assist students in finding peer reviewed journal articles for free, getting students behind stubborn pay walls. Professors are typically very friendly and due to small class sizes, they can interact on a more one-on-one basis with students in class and during office hours. Each student is cared for and given a fair chance. The keys to success are in your hand at Saint Leo.

molly

It is I really great school with a lot to do. The campus is beautiful and the people are so nice. The teachers are really nice and the curriculum is good. I want to be a teacher and the faculty has always been there for me. They are there for everything you are never alone.

Sharna

I love the sense of community. Overall, the people here are so friendly and open. I love the class size and how the teachers interact with the students here. I love how even the staff here are so nice and how you can genuinely have friendship with them.

Simon

I think Saint Leo University is one of the leading university in the world in term of delivery lectures to students, whereby other Universities go on copying. And the environment is very good, accommodation is available. Therefore, Saint Leo University is one of the best university.

Jacqulin

Saint Leo is an absolute great school! The students and staff are super friendly, the campus is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and the classes are full of life and keep you fascinated in learning more. I felt most at home when i visited and can’t wait to actually attend the school next semester!

Joanne

Saint Leo University is a fantastic school. As being a former student, alumni, and student again, this school has truly given me a straight career path. The school opened up my mind of what exactly interests me; I graduated as a biology major, and am going back to obtain my Doctorate in Business Administration. The greatest part of all about Saint Leo, the students are able to have a real relationship with their professors; for example, as a mentor or a guide. The professors at Saint Leo honestly care about the attending students and want to see them all achieve their goals. The university gives all the students a sense of community to each other. I love the person I became at Saint Leo University

I love Saint Leo i have had a very enjoyable experience. i love the staff they are awesome to work with. very prompt and caring. always responds and have helped me every step of the way i am so glad i choose saint leo. i would highly recommend Saint Leo to anyone who is looking for an enjoyable experience

Rebecca

If chosen for this scholarship, it would be a great honor for me. In receiving this scholarship, it would mean more to me than getting money; it says to me that I have the potential to continuing my goal of earning my B.A. in Business Management. I have many responsibilities which this will assist me in achieving my goals and be a better provider to my family. I had my children at a young age of 20 and my last at age 35, which postponed my dream to put their lives first. I have been fortunate at this chance to further my career so that I can be a better role model for my children that it is never too late to earn your degree. I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to consider my application.My future Career choice is to earn my B.A. in Business Management. I have faced many challenges in my life to get this far, but of all I would say that returning to college in my forties I thought would be the most of all. Attending Saint Leo University has opened my eyes to my full potential and has been such an honor. It is such an amazing life change for myself and my family, which proves that it is not ever too late to follow your dreams. My children have been my whole life and proving to them and myself that I have what it takes to earn my B.A. in Business Management means the world to me. Earning this scholarship will benefit my education and assist in pursuing my dream. It will also benefit my family allowing me to better provide for them. I would like to take a moment and thank you in advance for considering my application.

Skyla

Its a pretty good school with great class sizes and the teachers are always available. There is always something going on on campus whether it is some type of trip or a stroll off between the sororities and fraternities. The work load is never unbearable and midterms and finals are never too stressful. The school also has very beautiful nature scenes such as the walk to the dorms Marmion and Snyder, there is a beautiful lake. Overall, the school is a good school and there is always someone to make friends with.

Bianca

Saint Leo's considerate and knowledgeable staff, accredited programs, principles, and community involvement make all the difference. I am pleased with my choice to pursue my Bachelors at Saint Leo University and look forward to continuing my education in their Grad program.

Christina

Saint Leo University is undoubtedly a school of academics, excellence, and diversity. The school is open arms fro all kinds of people. I also love the little study hall size classes where we could have class exchanges and pose inquiries about the subjects being educated. This is an extraordinary school and an incredible program. I found the educators and counsels to be useful and willing to help you with anything that is asked for.

Gavin

I believe that it is a beautiful school all around. The academic programs available seem incredible and specific and good learing for your specific major. The culture on campus is so diverse that youll never be unentertained by your classmates. The athletic teams are all so amazing and accomplished, with a new track coming soon they seem entirely ready to go unrivaled in athletics this year.

Neliah

Saint Leo university is not meant for everybody, the school has a lot of cliques and groups so if you don't fit you might struggle. The academics here are really good and you will be provided with a rigorous education. Sports teams and Greek life are big here, if your not a apart of a group you will feel like an outsider The campus is really nice and the dorms are pretty descent. Some professors are helpful but others aren't so you have to be careful and be aware of which professors you can get along with

Saint Leo is a very diverse school, it has a really beautiful campus and very small class sizes which makes it easier to get to know classmates to work together and to contact the professor for any sort of help. There’s usually campus activities all semester with occasional trips to games, movies, or just to go shopping as well as on campus games and other events to keep students engaged in the community and entertained