Saint Louis, MO
Saint Louis Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Louis Community College

Brittnee

Great place for students to get general studies out the way. Many people go here to get their associates degree or a certified in their desired degree field. St. Louis Community College has a great hospitality and dental program. I would recommend anyone who wants to be certified in their career field to come to this community college.

Amber

The only campuses I've been to are forest park and the William J. Harrison Education Center building. My overall opinion of both are great. They have nice staff who are always willing to help. I would say the downside is not having all the required classes for my major.

Kira

It's a top notch community college where education matters. Although I have not experienced all of the services, this school is very substantial in regards to education and success for their new and current students. Everyone is supportive and helpful.

Rebecca

Saint Louis Community College offers one of the only community college experiences in St. Louis and provides a mediocre learning experience. The quality of education is completely based on the individual instructors' abilities and willingness to help students. There are some teachers that are dedicated and have really benefitted my educational career. However, others have been far from adequate. The school administration including the financial aid and registration offices, are unhelpful to say the least. They operate as they feel and will give students conflicting and incorrect information. The school also participates in a federal loan experiment which allows them to limit student loan amounts to receiving students. They take from those in need, yet there are no other community college options in the area. They have corned this particular market, but do not provide what students need to excel.

Christine

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at STLCC! I feel that this is a great school and it provides students with an affordable college education. The teachers here are always very involved and engaged in helping students succeed. In addition, the small classes were amazing for group discussions and for making it easier to understand and learn the material. There is a family feel that comes from being a community colleges that helps you bond with fellow students and feel a sense of belonging. The teachers are always willing to help you get a better understanding on material or to help you study. I honestly could not have asked for a better first college experience. The only problems with STLCC is that it is not the most well funded. All of the drinking fountains and vending machines do not work and the bathrooms are very out of date. In addition, the front office staff is not always the most informed and therefore sometimes give incorrect information. Do not, however, let these few things deter you from STLCC. In the overall scheme these things, though negative, do not outweigh all the good this school has to offer. I truly can not recommend this school enough. I feel that it has given me a solid foundation with which to more forward with in my college career. I will be moving on from STLCC after this semester, but they will always have a special place in my heart. This school has given me the confidence to go to a higher institution and peruse my dreams of getting my bachelors in nursing. I am so thankful for this experience and would recommend it to anyone in the future without hesitation!

Rashod

STLCC is great school for local kids.

STLCC is great school for local kids.

taylor

Probably the diversity. it's a community college so there is people of all ages and backgrounds!

Do more research. Don't waste your money or time. Don't make decisions until you are certain. You do not have all the time in the world - they are lying to you.

The facilities, such as labs, the library, chairs, desks, etc - very outdated.

karli

They were very diverse

They were very diverse

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to try harder and apply for scholarships. I came from a poor family of 3 so I am now stuck paying for college on my own. I wish that I would of tried harder in school and cared more about what I got on the ACT. This would have saved me alot of heartache now as I struggle to stay enrolled each semester. I would of warned myself of all the expenses that come with being a college student.

Financial aide office was not helpful at all

My most crucial advice to myself would be to not believe what everyone tells you about college. Truthfully, every student's experience is different due to a multitude of factors. As a high school senior, I would advise myself to begin preparations for financial aid as soon as possible. Additionally, I would strongly suggest planning my college schedule in advance based on my chosen major. It is never too early to prepare for college.

The "best thing" about St. Louis Community College is the access to resources. Not only are there several strategically placed campuses around the St. Louis area, they cooperate with one another. Library resources from one campus can be used at another campus for example. Technology at St. Louis Community College is state-of-the-art. All campus facilities are kept clean and are conducive to student learning. Each campus has a different atmosphere along with different numbers of classes offered.

I am most likely to "brag" about the general compassion of professors at St. Louis Community College. I have yet to come across a professor who is uncooperative and unwilling to help me succeed. This is my favorite part of St. Louis Community College. I know I can always count on my professors.

Jackilyn

Everyone here is just trying to get the credits they need for their majors so they can move on.

If I could go back in time and give my high school self advice about entering college, I would tell myself to forget about the A+ Scholarship I had earned a go to a four year college or university directly instead. My community college experience has been eerily similar to my high school experience, and that has made me feel stagnant in my life. I would tell myself not to worry quite as much about the future, and to focus more on what was happening right then - on getting good grades and scholarships as I go instead of thinking about what will happen later, but also so remember to maintain my relationships as they are very important to mental health and therefore potential productivity. I would tell myself to take a deep breath and accept opportunities as they come, neither stressing about what may be or turning away things that are.

I wish I had known how long it takes the administration to complete paperwork and put it in the right place.

Saint Louis Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.