Saint Louis, MO
Saint Louis Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Louis Community College

Rita

My school is culturally diverse, and it is located across the street from the jewel of St. Louis, Forest Park.

You don't have to please anyone else or prove yourself to anyone, do what is best for you! It may seem like fun to go away to a big university, but it is easy to just become a little fish in a huge pond. Community college will allow you to stay close to home and have the support of your family, plus it is much more affordable! You will most likely change your major a few times before settling on what you really want to do in life. Take your time, take classes that you are interested in, and you will be happy with your college experience. When you take classes that you are interested in, the work doesn't really seem like work, it's fun! Community college is fun, you will make lots of friends, and the transition to a university will be easier!

I wish I would have known how incompetent and unhelpful the Financial Aid office is here. When I had some quick questions, I had to spend hours in the waiting room before I was finally able to meet with an unhappy and miserable financial aid officer, not once, but on 4 different occasions!

India

Going back to my senior year i would advise myself to make the decisions upon whats best for me. I would also advise myself to get involved in everyway possible. Along with becoming involved, i would tell myself to take every opprotunity to better your gradres because it will pay off in the end. College life has really taught my to become humble and focused on the "Now" to imporve "Later".

The best thing about my school is that they give each individual an opprotunity to better themselves.

My collge exdperience has been a long journey so far. I wish that i payed a bigger role in the decision making of my college experience. When i decided to go to my present insitution i had in my mind that it was my time to better myself and make decisions for my future.

Classmates are a lot different than i was and now im getting up to par.

Classmates are a lot different than i was and now im getting up to par.

The day you graduate will be the best moment in your life. Going to college is the next level of having your own responsibility and freedom to be experienced or learned. While in college you can pick you own class and the time of the class to fit your schedule. In college you can have the choice when or how long you will finish college. When you go to college, pay attention, as you are paying for your classes.

In high school I couldn't have the freedom that i had in colllege.

When I look back at myself as a senior in high school I now see how unprepared I was for college. I expected it to be an extremely boring walk in the park. I didnt get excited about going to college at all just because it was a community college. I spent the whole summer slumping around because all my friends were leaving and going to big universities and I was stuck at home just because I didnt have enough money to move away just yet. I spent most of my first semester stuck in the same funk because I thought community colleges were a joke. Once I finally decided to give it a chance I really enjoy community college and wish I hadnt wasted so much time. If I would have started getting involved when I started taking classes there as a high school senior I would have realized how much community colleges have to offer. I would have loved to take full advantage of some of the opportunities that I missed out on like trying out for the softball team. Basically never make assumptions, take full advantage of every opportunity given to you.

When I was in high school I was under the impression that a community college was just for kids who didn't really want to go to college and were just looking for an easy way out. I assumed that the classes would be a joke and that it would basically moving on to another high school. Boy was i wrong! The classes are small which means you get lots of personal attention, the teachers are great, and it was a perfect way to ease myself into college.

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about my school is the social scene. Since it is a community college you dont get the option of living on campus like 4 year universities. It was slightly harder for me to meet new people when compared to my friends who went away to school. It may take a little bit longer but if you get involved in some of the clubs and activities the campus offers, you will find yourself surrounded my new friends in the blink of an eye.

Jimella

During high school I suffered with serious health concerns due to a rare autoimmune disorder, including a total hip replacement my senior year. This resulted in me spending the majority of my senior year completing missed assignments. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would spend unlimited time pushing myself to prepare for the A.C.T. better, and apply for more grants and scholarships. I would also encourage myself to spend more time searching for universities who accommodate disabled students well. Today, I?m attending a local community college due to financial and health reasons, but all of these events in my life has inspired my service others. I?ve begun tutoring children in the community, and I?m also very active at my church in the community outreach program (N.A.C.O.). I?m very adamant about preparing students and making a positive impact on their lives. On a weekly basis I donated time to the N.A.C.O. program and provide tutoring, mentoring, and counseling services to the children in the program. Community service has given me an opportunity to change lives, including my own.

I'm a recent student at Lincoln University. Today, I?m attending a local community college due to financial and health reasons. When I was preparing for college I should have spent unlimited time pushing myself to prepare for the A.C.T. better, and applied for more grants and scholarships. I also should've spent more time searching for universities who accommodate disable students well.

At college, everything is very expensive. First, your tuition fees. Next you have to pay for food, books and so on. Its when you are a student at college that you realize how important money management is. Then comes the need to find part-time job in order to live more comfortably. Working and attending college can be difficult. Professors expect the students to learn as much as they can on their own. Sometimes your work schedule interupts your scheduled time to complete homework. This all can result in poor grades.

It is best known for the fire fighting, respiratory therapy, but better know for its culinary arts programs. In the area it is known as being a great start or restart for students pursing a career, or furthering their knowledge. It is affordable and the instructors are great.

I should have followed through with a science degree. Go with your heart and soul not what others say or suggest to you

Jon

Our school is clean and well kept. It is older architecture, but that is part of the appeal.

From hard-working and diligent to slackers spit out of the public schools, these are the most diverse people in any school in saint louis.

Send out invitations to high school graduation. You get money from almost everyone. Also, don't be afraid to get started because you don't know what you want to do. Just get started and if you are looking you will find it.

Saint Louis Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.