Saint Louis Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Saint Louis Community College

Kira

It's a top notch community college where education matters. Although I have not experienced all of the services, this school is very substantial in regards to education and success for their new and current students. Everyone is supportive and helpful.

Amber

The only campuses I've been to are forest park and the William J. Harrison Education Center building. My overall opinion of both are great. They have nice staff who are always willing to help. I would say the downside is not having all the required classes for my major.

Brittnee

Great place for students to get general studies out the way. Many people go here to get their associates degree or a certified in their desired degree field. St. Louis Community College has a great hospitality and dental program. I would recommend anyone who wants to be certified in their career field to come to this community college.

Rebecca

Saint Louis Community College offers one of the only community college experiences in St. Louis and provides a mediocre learning experience. The quality of education is completely based on the individual instructors' abilities and willingness to help students. There are some teachers that are dedicated and have really benefitted my educational career. However, others have been far from adequate. The school administration including the financial aid and registration offices, are unhelpful to say the least. They operate as they feel and will give students conflicting and incorrect information. The school also participates in a federal loan experiment which allows them to limit student loan amounts to receiving students. They take from those in need, yet there are no other community college options in the area. They have corned this particular market, but do not provide what students need to excel.

Christine

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at STLCC! I feel that this is a great school and it provides students with an affordable college education. The teachers here are always very involved and engaged in helping students succeed. In addition, the small classes were amazing for group discussions and for making it easier to understand and learn the material. There is a family feel that comes from being a community colleges that helps you bond with fellow students and feel a sense of belonging. The teachers are always willing to help you get a better understanding on material or to help you study. I honestly could not have asked for a better first college experience. The only problems with STLCC is that it is not the most well funded. All of the drinking fountains and vending machines do not work and the bathrooms are very out of date. In addition, the front office staff is not always the most informed and therefore sometimes give incorrect information. Do not, however, let these few things deter you from STLCC. In the overall scheme these things, though negative, do not outweigh all the good this school has to offer. I truly can not recommend this school enough. I feel that it has given me a solid foundation with which to more forward with in my college career. I will be moving on from STLCC after this semester, but they will always have a special place in my heart. This school has given me the confidence to go to a higher institution and peruse my dreams of getting my bachelors in nursing. I am so thankful for this experience and would recommend it to anyone in the future without hesitation!

Rashod

STLCC is great school for local kids.

Adrianne

The Saint Louis Community College is an awesome opportunity to start my post-secondary career. Not only they are sweet to my parents wallet but they have awesome teachers. It is a good way to get the basic classes out of the way then transfer to a more expensive University. STLCC has a variety of programs in which I can obtain my associate degree which means it will help me get a good paying job faster then transfer to a University to finish the last 2 years and not have to owe so much money.

Briona

I absolutely love it there. I was nervous at first because it's been awhile since I've been in school. But after starting Dr. Blanco's English 101; I grew confidence. I like the advisors because the will not let you leave their office until your problem is solve.

Alexis

Great facility to expand your horizons and become a professional. The school is official enough to satisfy all student/parent/teacher needs and the improvements made are even more of a blessing. Nothing but prosperity comes from this college so I have no bad reviews!