Saint Louis University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Jared

-Rich -Arrogant -Ignorant -Smart

Meg

The students are rich?

That we are conservatives

dont know

Drunks.

Tom

I am not too familiar with any stereotypes...maybe that we are a bunch of rich, snoody kids living off our parents wealth and are too stuck-up to know it.

Katrina

Slu students are alot smarter than students from other colleges

Jeff

Preppy, wealthy, kids.

KJ

evryone is wealthy, stuck up, privliged, smart

That they are well-off, well rounded people from the midwest.

They are rich, conservative, Catholic, private school kids

Julian

I think a lot of people suspect that we're all from St. Louis, or all from Missouri, or all from the Midwest. A lot of people probably also think that we're all Catholic or even that we're all very conservative, narrow-minded Catholics. There's also a stereotype that we're spoiled rich kids.

SLU students are all religious. SLU students are rich and snobbish.

Bobby

SLU students are stereotyped differently by different people. Compared to Wash U, which is across town, SLU students are not as wealthy and tend to have to work harder to afford their education. Compared to some of the smaller colleges in town and state schools like UMSL, SLU students are more well-off and often can afford a few more luxuries. Within the SLU sphere, typical college stereotypes abound. I don't think it's much different than your average University.

One stereotype about SLU students is that they never leave campus to explore the city.

Rich, stuck up, smart, competitive, Nerds.

Some stereotypes say that SLU students are white, rich, preppy students.

KJ

Young adults who are intelligent and hardworking.

Since we're a private school, people tend to say we're stuck up and snobby

That they are snobby.

A lot of people think that SLU students are stuck-up rich kids, or that they couldn't get into Washington University in Saint Louis so they went to SLU instead.

Everyone who goes to SLU is catholic.

Everyone wears Northface and Uggs. Everyone works out. Ethnic groups stick together.

Tate

Everyone is in a frat or sorority.

Students at SLU are wealthy and snobbish.

Tricia

rich, smart, like to party

megan

Because it is a private school and expensive that the people who attend are all very preppy, snobby, and country club raised. This is not true. People come from all backgrounds and not everyone wears polos and boat shoes all the time.

Before coming to SLU, I had heard it described as a "preppy" school.

Rich Kids Smart Preppy Stuck Up

Nikki

While walking to class, there's a good chance that 75{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students you see will be wearing Birkenstocks, a North Face jacket, and jeans from Hollister, American Eagle, or Abercrombie and Fitch. Most students drink at least two or three days a week and when I say drink, I don't mean a beer or two. SLU students know how to party... HARD. Everyone tends to balance their life out pretty well... partying, studying, going to class. meeting new people, extracurriculars. The students tend to be a bit more conservative than at other colleges and universities but that's what you expect when going to a private, Catholic university.

We're smart, rich, and snobs