Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College

Frances Louise

Well rounded education seated deeply in tradition that makes it easy to feel at home. Loved the small class sizes and personal attention from professors.

Emma

Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is my second home. The overall atmosphere of this campus is phenomenal. My professors are all very knowledgeable in their field and are also always willing to stay after class and provide extra help. With my major I have a lot of stress on my shoulders to perform in and outside of the classroom, and at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College I am able to learn everything I need to succeed! Outside of academics there are many opportunities to get involved on our small campus, we have extracurriculars and are getting a rowing club team! Campus jobs are always available and can help spruce up a resume. I love Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and wouldn't choose another school for the world.

Kayce

The professors are great, but there are hardly any students. It gets very lonely if you don't live on campus. The teachers are almost always available and they are very friendly. They will even stop to talk to students while class is not in session. This makes it very easy to make your schedule or make any neccisary changes quickly. I do not live on campus so I do not have very much experience with the food. What food I have had was awesome compared to what my high school gave us.

Athena

SMWC is one of the few colleges that really believes in their values, intertwining them into every course you will take while in attendance. There is a heavy focus on spirituality; not uncommon of a Catholic post-secondary. However because of the values of the college, diversity is not only tolerated but encouraged and celebrated. They have a lot of things that are simple yet meaningful to encourage pride and connectedness throughout the educational journies their students undertake.

Sasha

I love the friendly atmosphere it conveys when you first arrive. The school welcomed you like family and the class sizes are small so there is more one on one which most people don’t have access to in college. The housing is a little outdated from the school being built in the 1800’s but slowly improving. The school is also trying to get a new food company so the food will improve hopefully soon as well. Overall not a bad school if your looking for a small home sized environment.