Notre Dame, IN
Saint Mary's College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Mary's College

Robert

Although it may appear as if this question may be easy to answer, it is in fact, very difficult. Coming from a lower class, financially troubled, household, I feel as though college hit me like a ton of bricks. If I could somehow communicate with my past high-school self, I would tell myself to participate in more community-based, volunteer experienced, activities. In high school, I mainly kept to myself and focused on my studies, not really engaging in community, or volunteering, for such activities. Attending college, you immediately realize the importance of a community, and the weight that various graduate schools hold on actively participating in activities. Overall, my future self is unfortunately struggling with trying to become more engaged in my community, and I wish I would have participated more as a high school student, so the transition could have been smoother.

Personally, I wish I would have known that owning a car is a necessity. Not much is located around the campus, and most big named companies, like Walmart, or fast food places, are located a drive away from campus. Due to financial circummstances, however, I was not able to bring a car with me.

Any student, interested in exploring a life away from home, while also obtaining an affordable education, should be interested in the University of Nevada, Reno. This school does its best to provide top-notch education, while keeping it affordable.

Bridget

I know what you are thinking. You don't want to leave home. You don't know whether you will succeed, whether you made the right decisions. You don't know what you want to do in life. So here is some advice. Stop. Don't worry. There is no need to decide who you are going to be today, this year, or this decade. There is no final definition of who you are. Rather, everyday you are defined by the people who surround you, the decisions you make, and roots you have laid. So, go to Saint Mary's. Be confident in knowing that you will make mistakes, that there will be struggles and hardship, and that you will, at times, fall, but also know that you chose the right school, that through Saint Mary's you will blessed with professors, peers, and a community that will mold you into the leader you aspire to be. At Saint Mary's you will begin on the path to changing the world. So strive to both inspire and be inspired, and aim to never be limited by yourself, but rather to constantly be changing and learning from those around you.

If you are a woman who desires to receive an strong eduation by kind, wise and generous professors, attend this school. If you wish to be surrounded by and learn from girls from different backgrounds, different religions, differents races, and different ideologies, attend this school. If you want to be educated with a unique liberal arts education, attend this school. If you want to be instilled with the strength and courage to lead, attend this school. If you want to be welcomed with open arms by the peers, professors, and staff of Saint Mary's College attend this school.

Saint Mary's is small, all woman's college that is plagued by views from outsiders as being inferior to other students and other schools. Many fail to appreciate the beauty that this small college offers to individuals such as myself. Going to an all girls school empowers the women who attend to be leaders in their community and instills mindsets of courage, confidence, and strength in its students. Despite this, the I often interacted with individuals that label Saint Mary's women as inferior, using derogatory terms to stomp the confidence the school tries to instill.

Kellsey

Saint Mary's College is best known for our outstanding nursing and education programs. Aswell as being a sister school on Notre Dame University. Also, Saint Mary's College is known for being one of a few all womens colleges in Amercia.

I wish before coming to Saint Mary's College that I knew how to completely rely on being independent, and that it's okay if you are alone. Adjusting to college often felt that I was being left out of the loop because everyone was off doing seperate things, when in reality we all were doing what we needed to do to be succesful.

tawney

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would probably offer myself some advice and probably not listen to it. Do you honestly know any high school student that doesn't think they know it all? I'm Tawney Vaughan a 26 year old veteran trying to restart my education and get on with my new career and this is my advice to my high school self. Tawney Morgan, I wasn't married yet, you need to try harder to separate fun and work. Once you understand that you must work in order to have fun then you will truly understand the complete way to be happy and have fun. Don't let anyone force you to go to school if you aren't ready because you will end up wasting time and money. Do find a job that will sustain you until you find out what you want to do in life. Don't wait on Travis to grow up, he never does. One last thing, if you decide to join the military...go for it!

My classmates are privildged and bright students who have gone to private Catholic all girl schools before attending college.

Sam, if you're not busy making prints in the darkroom I want you to hear me. I know right now you are frustrated figuring out how you’re going to pay for college but remember everything will fall into place. Trust me. I know dad is forgetting his memory, mom is bipolar and your brother is an alcoholic but I want to let you know that you're a strong person that will make it to college and reach her goals. Remember the time when you were six and tore a copy of “The Cat in the Hat” because you couldn’t read it out loud clearly due to stuttering? Life and college are going to give you similar challenges and you will be able to overcome them. Does a class on the Twilight Zone seem interesting? Take it. The class will help you grow in the areas where you felt defeated.The very last thing that I want to tell you is that college friends will come and go and the ones who stay are the ones that want to see you successful and become the person that you’ve always wanted to be. Now, go get 'em!

Many students binge drink in the weekends and many students decide that partying is more important than completeing school work. It can be frusterating to make friends because many girls stick to their own race and interest groups. Many of the students go to Notre Dame football games and during those weekends don't complete assignments and class work.

Princess Mae

I would tell myself that the amount of stress and time you invested into your senior will pay off in the end, it will prepare you for college. Don't worry about what college you end up at or stress out about which college to go to because eventually, you will be le to a college you are meant to spend the next four years of your life at. You will find your place for the next four years and you will be more than ready for it.

A person who is willing to continously learn, to deepen their understanding of the world and others, and someone who is willing to grow in their faith. A person who is willing to grow academically, mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Kelsey

A majestic campus with helpful and loving people who want you to exceed all the worlds expectations!

What Saint Mary's is best know for is being an all girls school, but beyond that, education and strong academics are what stands out. With small student to staff ratio and professors willing to help is what makes us excel. It's not the typical classroom experience and I'm glad that I chose Saint Mary's.

Coming to the end of my first year in college there are many lessons that I have learned through making the transition from high school. The biggest thing is time management. I think just about everyone I talked with spoke about time management and how crucial it is, and they were right! There is more time in college that you have to complete homework, study for test, and even hang out with friends. The advice I would tell myself is to set a schedule and stick with it. Nothing is worse than coming up to a test date and only studying on the last night. College is full of hard times requiring hard work but patience and perserverance are big characteristics needed to make the transition easier. There are a lot of lessons that I have learned, but managing time would have to be the biggest lesson to learn to be the most successful!

Dear young self, Now that you are heading to college, there is some advice that I would like to bestow upon you. First, do not let college pass you by. Get involved in something - anything- on campus. Try out for the softball team, join a club, volunteer your time. Just find something that interests you, and go for it. Don't worry about not knowing anyone because every other freshman is worried about the same thing. Ask yourself what you would do if you knew you could not fail. Now go do it. Fear of failure will only hold you back. Be confident in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Second, find a passion for learning. You have the unique opportunity to learn from brilliant people, and I don't just mean your professors. Learn from your surroundings, your peers, your classes, everything. Millions of people would love to have your same opportunity, so don't squander it. Use it to advance yourself and to advance the world. And lastly, refrain from eating Pete's pizza every single day in the dining hall. The freshman fifteen is real...oh so real. Yours truly, Sarah

I love to tell my friends about the strong community of Saint Mary's College. No matter where you go on campus, you will always see a smiling face. Someone will always hold the door open for you, offer help when she can, and ask you about your day. The transition from high school to college is smooth here because there is a certain warmth that surrounds Saint Mary's. It's a kind of warmth that makes you never want to leave. It is truly a home away from home.

Because Saint Mary's College is a relatively small school, certain classes are not always offered because there are not enough people to take it. This makes it difficult when I am interested in taking particular classes, since some are rarely offered. However, professors are often willing to cooperate with students and offer unique accommodations, such as independent study, in order to meet student needs. Although it is frustrating when the classes in which I am interested are not offered, I am confident that the professors can help me find a way to take them.

ELIVETTE

I would tell myself that I need to have better study habits because in high school I would study for a test the day before and for college that doesnt work. In order to get a good grade on a test I have to read my notes and study every day. College isn't about just memorizing anymore its about truely remembering the material. Another thing would be to manage time better because during college there really isn't much time for anything if I don't use my time more wisely. For example, in high school I would really manage my time because I didn't get much homework, but during high school I have a lot of homework and in order to not get stress i need to manage my time and do my homework in a reasonable time. Instead of waiting till the last minute.

The best thing about Saint Mary's is the professors. They are always there to help us. They always have their doors open for us and they are always so nice. They made me first semester of college a great experience. I never expected my professors to be so kind and understanding. I dont regret going to Saint Marys thanks to me professors. They are all the best.

This is an all girl school so only girls would attend it, but those girls would have to be hard working and not give up. Classes are tough so they would need to know how to manage time. But any girl is welcome, there are all kinds of personalities in this college.

Gabrielle

If I were to go back in time, and talk to my highschool senior self, I would tell myself to study more and ask for help. I am very shy so whenever I need help I always wait for someone to ask the same question I had. I would never take it upon myself to ask for help so I would tell my senior self to go and ask for help. Teachers want us to succeed just as much as we want to succeed, so they are there for us incase we need help, it is their job. I would also tell myself to study more and to take tests more seriously. Whenever I would have a test I would just browse through material instead of fully studying it and making sure I know everything. So I would tell my senior self to hit the books and the library because tests in college are much much harder. Somehow I managed to pass tests but I never felt as though I truly earned a passing grade because I didn't study but instead got very lucky.

Saint Mary's College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.