Notre Dame, IN
Saint Mary's College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Mary's College

Kelsie

I love my classmates, and some of them are my best friends.

I love my classmates, and some of them are my best friends.

We're best known for being an all-girls school that is across the street from Notre Dame.

I would tell myself not to care what people think. I would encourage myself to be more friendly and make more of an effort to get to know more people. I would tell myself that even though you might be homesick at first, do not worry about it because that will go away quickly. I also would tell myself to get more involved and to spend more time seeing how I could get involved. I would tell myself to focus on school but also have fun because these are the best years of my life.

Chloe

The most unique thing about Saint Mary's in comparison to other schools i considered is that it is an all girls school. Thus the enviornment, teaching, and learning is all different than any other school i thought about. Saint Mary's also offers a liberal arts based education which gives the classes a unique learning aspect.

I would tell myself not to be so uptight. Change can be a really good thing. I would say that the transition won't be easy but it will be worth it. College is so much more than I ever thought it would be, and knowing that the possibilites truly are endless would have made me that much more excited to start school. I would warn myself that not everyone I meet is going to have the same attitude as me, and that the classes are going to be a lot harder than i thought they would be. I would tell myself to follow through with all the clubs I signed up for that first weekend. I would tell myself that twenty minute naps are easily the best thing ever invented. I would tell myself to make more time for the gym and less time for midnight snacks. Overall i would say, prepare yourself, you are about to start the best four years of your life, a journey with lots of twists and turns, but one that will always be the best thing to every happen to you.

I think the best thing about my school is the all womens education. I am learning how to find my voice and become independant in the world. To me, this is important because college is supposed to be about learing who you are, Saint Mary's enables me to do that.

Christin

Saint Mary's strives for intelligence, encounters the world face to face, and accepts diversity.

A varity of strong and driven women seeking one purpose, to be educated and to be leaders.

To my younger self, Please take more time looking for opportunites provided by the world. Study beyond what is expected or required from your high school's expectations. Become a leader by being a stronger woman. Rise above the discriminations or accusations held against you. Be yourself and express it without fear. Find any scholarships to pay for your tuition, you will not regret this decision. Be happy with yourself, do not let others tear you down. Know what you like. Understand your strenghts and weaknesses. With your strenghts, grow. With you weaknesses, remove. Be you and be passionate. Learn, teach, understand, comprehend, and simply enjoy all of the endless simplicities of life.

Elisabeth

If I could go back in time and speak with my high school self, I would explain that love can wait. I fell in love during my first year of college, preceded to get married and have four sweet children. I have been chipping away at my college degree for the last two years. There has been nothing as challenging as trying to read history from Chicano Perspective while walking back and forth all night with a teething two year old. There is nothing as frustrating as writing on an online forum discussing International Contemporary Politics while a toddler keeps hitting random keys. I have also been excited to answer questions about tectonic plates as my eldest flips through my Physical oceanography textbook. We have discussed compound interest using charts in my Business Mathematics text. Interrupted by a screaming child during my quiz on Descartes? Yes, thank you sir, I’ll have another. My children are my world, and while challenging and frustrating, they are the reason I keep doing what I am doing and excelling. Perhaps, I would not change a thing even if I could.

My school is a Catholic women's college. Saint Mary's is a place where young women can receive an excellent education and become prepared for a successful future as an independant woman. Saint Mary's gives each student one-on-one attention and assistance and provides a warm, welcoming environment for each student to grow spiritually, mentally, and academically.

Saint Mary's is unique because it is a Catholic college just for women.

With the knowledge and life lessons that I have gained after making the difficult transition into college, I would advise my high school senior self to focus on becoming more independent. I would strongly suggest that I make more time for learning by myself in order to master concepts in my own unique way of learning, rather than relying on other classmates or teachers for help. As I high school senior, I did not learn to prioritize my time. Now, going back, I would tell myself that learning to efficiently and effectively prioritize my time is one of the most important things that I could do to ensure success in the future. I would also advise my high school senior self to make more connections among teachers and other faculty, because those people are the ones who can prove to be very helpful in the future when it comes to searching for jobs or even information or additional perspectives on careers or important topics. The single best piece of advice that I would give myself, however, would be the importance of learning to be yourself, to open up to new possibilities, and to take advantage of every oppurtunity.

Savannah

As a high school student, I was definitely that girl who waited until the last few hours to begin any of my assignments. High school teachers always say, "Do not wait until the very last minute to complete this project!" I took that as a challenge, and I prevailed with an A most of the time. As a college student, it is impossible to procrastinate as much as I did in high school. The first thing I would tell myself is to get rid of procrastination! It is a nasty habit that only leaves one stressed and worn. Staying up all night, thanks to the aid of caffeine, is not a wise decision. Although that may be plenty of time for a high school student to cram for that test the next morning, it is absolutely impossible for a college student. I would also tell my former self to get in the habit of getting up earlier! It is humiliating and disrespectful to show up late to class. Although the transistion from a high school student to a college student was not extremely difficult, my life would be a whole lot easier if I had broken a few habits.

Saint Mary’s college is an all-girls school that allows for students to interact easily with each other as well as their teachers. This school has many opportunities that allow students to challenge themselves through the rigorous classes and student activities that get the students involved in their community.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is a hardworking student who likes to challenge their ability to learn diverse subjects as well as get a great understanding for their major. This is for someone who would feel comfortable in small class sizes as well as a close niche community.

Adelia

Saint Mary's College is known for a beautiful campus, a small all-girl student body, and a welcoming falcuty.

I would tell myself that I did not need to be as stressed as I was for college. My high school prepared me very well for what lied ahead. Saint Mary's College is a very welcoming school, and I should not have needed to worry abour making new friends/if I would make new friends at all. Everyone is in the same boat when he or she attends college.

I I consider the best thing about Saint Mary's College to be the effort that the teachers put in to their students' learning. They are focused on students gaining and education and do not consider their own research to be their priority.

Erika

They are fun, friendly, and always ready to learn.

They are fun, friendly, and always ready to learn.

Saint Marys is very unique in the classroom. You will not find alot of males, considering this is an all girl school. I enjoy it though because you are not worried about the way you look when you go to class, you have more focus on the topics at hand.

If i could go back and talk to myself, I would strongly advise myself to open up and be more outgoing. Getting to know my college frineds has been the best part of my first view years here at Saint Marys. Having frineds by your side to help you emotionally and educationaly has been a blessing for me. I could not make it without them so I would advise myself to become less shy so I could get to know them faster and sooner than I have. I would also advise myself to do as many outside scholarships as I can. Already after my first two years I can not beleive the amount of loans I have out. Scholarships are also a blessing and help me out a great deal.

Saint Mary's College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.